Hacking Any way to region free a SNES or NES WAD?

lolsjoel

OP
Trophies
Website
www.0RANGECHiCKEN.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
I'm looking into trying to region free, or change the region of SNES and NES VC games. Is there any manner of doing so by hex editing, swapping files, running a program or other? Obviously, and unfortunately, FreeTheWADs and the RF setting on AutoInjectuWAD don't work on those two systems.

samsam12

Test
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
bobitos said:
I'm looking into trying to region free, or change the region of SNES and NES VC games. Is there any manner of doing so by hex editing, swapping files, running a program or other? Obviously, and unfortunately, FreeTheWADs and the RF setting on AutoInjectuWAD don't work on those two systems.

region freeing of PAL snes and nes does not work. NTSC-U and J work fine.

you could try hex editing, or inject the game you want.

SenorClean

Trophies
XP
Country
Why not just run a snes emulator through the homebrew channel?

Safe, easy.... full wiimote support etc these days.

samsam12

Test
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
bobitos said:
FTW works from NTSC-J to NTSC-U?

And why not run a SNES emulator through HBC? Because I don't want to. It's not like I don't know that emulators exist...

yeah, snes and nes NTSC J to U works

not using the emulator is just being difficult. i barley have any games for systems i can emulate on my system. why? because it saves space on the wii's small memory.

lolsjoel

OP
Trophies
Website
www.0RANGECHiCKEN.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Difficult or not... it's what I'm doing. I'm not doing it for everything, and I'm not even always doing it for myself. I make a lot of injects with banners and a lot of people enjoy them. It is what it is. I don't need anyone to try to educate me on the system memory or alternatives, I've been around plenty long to know what's going on. But I have my information now, so I'm good to go.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://wccftech-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/wccftech.com/amd-800-series-am5-motherboards-launch-r...