Hacking Are you looking to hack your Switch?

Are you looking to hack your Switch?

• I'm getting the first modchip available

Votes: 122 14.9%
  • I'll wait for a proven modchip with an established userbase

Votes: 122 14.9%
  • I'm using a soft-mod solution

Votes: 262 32.0%
  • I'm not interested in modifying my Switch right now

Votes: 136 16.6%
  • I don't own a Switch...

Votes: 177 21.6%

• Total voters

Jackson98

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Id rather soft modded switch, but I think until the end of its firmware lifeline hardmodding is going to be superior. If hardmod is done well updating shouldn't be a problem. Softmods your going to miss out on something for at least sometime at the moment, weather its the virtual consoles they bring in the future, or some other useful utility, even if its temporarily. Until the switch updates stop adding cool new things, soft modding is going to always be behind. Disadvantage to hardmodding obviously is their is a risk if you don't know what your doing, and otherwise its going to cost you money. This all depends on how well team X delivers of course :P.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It really depends, but I'm probably going to use whatever method is available first, so long as the price isn't exorbitant. That means that I'll probably end up buying the TX modchip once it releases

Reactions: owek1

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't own a Switch, but I chosen the 1st option since I'm saving money for a Switch when backups are possible since I don't have money and I'm currently unemployed...

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I'd like to but it's not a priority. My Vita covers my handheld emulation needs with the exception of N64 and higher.

If the supposedly 'unpatchable' method recently rumoured is as good as it sounds, then it would be the way to go. But I'm not prepared to keep my Switch on an older firmware because my Switch is my daily driver for all my gaming.

Wabsta

you fight like a dairy farmer
Trophies
Website
www.wabsta.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Nope. Not since I graduated and got a job to be honest.

For softmodding: it just isn't worth the hassle. I work full-time and when I come home I want to play games. Not figure out how to softmod, while keeping up to date with the methods and updates.

For a hardmod: no, I can afford games easily now and I will continue to buy them to support the development (being a software engineer myself: piracy sucks, man).

BUT:
Ask me again in ~4 years, around the end of its life-span (?) and my answer will probably change.

(Oh and about homebrew: I'm just not that interested. I have my 3DS for emulation (which does have a CFW) and that's about all the homebrew I need. The last good homebrew game I saw was Video Games Hero for the NDS)

Last edited by Wabsta,

JPnintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
For now I prefer to wait for the scene to mature. In the meantime, I will keep the console updated if necessary to play online.
PS: I do not understand why the last option in the survey. The question, as how it is stated, clearly is for those who already have the console.

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I don't have a switch yet, I wait for the 2.0 model (there have always been one, look ds lite, xl versions of dsi and 3ds, gba sp...).
Once I got one, I'm planning to wait for a full cfw solution allowing me for free games, or a modchip if not too much expensive.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

For now I prefer to wait for the scene to mature. In the meantime, I will keep the console updated if necessary to play online.
PS: I do not understand why the last option in the survey. The question, as how it is stated, clearly is for those who already have the console.
Not everyone here own a switch, like me.
Currently waiting for a warez solution.

JPnintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I don't have a switch yet, I wait for the 2.0 model (there have always been one, look ds lite, xl versions of dsi and 3ds, gba sp...).
Once I got one, I'm planning to wait for a full cfw solution allowing me for free games, or a modchip if not too much expensive.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Not everyone here own a switch, like me.
Currently waiting for a warez solution.
Yes, I know. But what i mean is that people like you may vote that “is waiting for a software solution” instead of “i don have a switch”. So the 4th option does not let us know some opinions. :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://en.pronouns.page/@Xdqwerty