Homebrew Question Atmosphere keeps crashing and the system keeps lagging under the cfw.

Fevirre

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So atmosphere keeps crashing despite JUST getting my switch back from SD card reader repairs, its been doing this ever since I got my switch back and I'm about to lose my cool.
Also the console keeps lagging when its running atmosphere too and it ends up crashing when trying to open the photo album, pressing the home button and trying to launch tinfoil.
I'm about to give up and I don't want to send it again for repairs.

My sd card is formatted to fat32

Plus when it does crash it keeps giving me error 2144-0001, I'm about to just say heck this and get a new switch that's patched :/

Astor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
Are you using the most recent release of Atmosphere? Have you tried using a different SD card?

Fevirre

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you using the most recent release of Atmosphere? Have you tried using a different SD card?
Yes and Yes and I'm still having this problem, I've even tried deleting and formatting the system and still no fix.

Astor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
Yes and Yes and I'm still having this problem, I've even tried deleting and formatting the system and still no fix.

Does the SD card work fine for other purposes? Like, were you able to back up your sysNAND and create an emuNAND just fine? Because if that didn't cause any trouble, then I would say the card reader isn't the real issue.

At one point my switch started lagging out of nowhere while on CFW, but it was on a rather old firmware with ReiNX as CFW, so I wiped the SD, updated the console to the latest firmware through AIO and switched to Atmosphere and it hasn't lagged or crashed again. If you're on an older firmware maybe updating can magically solve your issue.

Fevirre

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does the SD card work fine for other purposes? Like, were you able to back up your sysNAND and create an emuNAND just fine? Because if that didn't cause any trouble, then I would say the card reader isn't the real issue.

At one point my switch started lagging out of nowhere while on CFW, but it was on a rather old firmware with ReiNX as CFW, so I wiped the SD, updated the console to the latest firmware through AIO and switched to Atmosphere and it hasn't lagged or crashed again. If you're on an older firmware maybe updating can magically solve your issue.
I am on the latest switch version and it's still having problems

doctorgoat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You should be telling whoever "repaired" your switch that they failed and you need it either done again or a refund, if it was a paid job.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I am on the latest switch version and it's still having problems

If your SD card is good, then you should probably format it and reinstall your CFW setup from scratch (including any games/hb). It's possible that while you were using it prior to repair, you had bad data written. So now when you try to use the bad data on the supposedly fixed switch, you'll run into issues. Copying bad data from an old CFW SD setup to your new CFW SD setup will just reinforce the issue.

Reactions: BigOnYa

Fevirre

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, the repair probably wasn't done properly. It's clearly still crashing.

Your SD can be on 1-bit slow mode. Boot Hekate and in the diagnostics there's a SD card checker that will tell you if it's read/write is good and if it's in slow mdoe
If your SD card is good, then you should probably format it and reinstall your CFW setup from scratch (including any games/hb). It's possible that while you were using it prior to repair, you had bad data written. So now when you try to use the bad data on the supposedly fixed switch, you'll run into issues. Copying bad data from an old CFW SD setup to your new CFW SD setup will just reinforce the issue.

UPDATE:
Looks like it might have been an sd card issue but I don't know. It started having visual glitches like white boxes going down the system.
20210331_143809.jpg

And then it finally gave up.
20210331_195258.jpg

Fevirre

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im nervous now cus I just sent my switch to get repaired for the same exact issue. :wacko:
I think some components are color coded, so the nintendo switch will output a color to tell you what's broken or faulty

And if they can't replace the component then I think a motherboard replacement should do it.
components.jpg

Reactions: cucholix

Fevirre

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dang, good luck getting a refund from the company that broke your switch that you're here to talk about
Actually they haven't broke it or damaged it more, I think they forgot to add the little padding that holds down the reader socket, plus they fixed my charger port since it had the "android wiggle" for like 50$, thats way less than nintendo making you charge up 150$ and waiting for 5-7 weeks, plus they are modded console friendly so I shouldn't have to worry about getting the entire system replaced with a patched model.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Actually they haven't broke it or damaged it more, I think they forgot to add the little padding that holds down the reader socket, plus they fixed my charger port since it had the "android wiggle" for like 50$, thats way less than nintendo making you charge up 150$ and waiting for 5-7 weeks, plus they are modded console friendly so I shouldn't have to worry about getting the entire system replaced with a patched model.

How does that explain the "new issue"?

doctorgoat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

you only had to pay them $50 to completely fail to repair your system and you're defending them

I'm not saying you should have sent it to Nintendo, I'm saying you should demand a refund and get someone else competent to do it. I guarantee you can find a repair person on here.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UyxeZ7JYwZs&pp=ygUJVnIgaXMgZ2F5 +1