omatic

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm attempting to hack or otherwise get Jet Impulse to recognize an ASCII space character when it finds one in it's text files. I've been working at this for a while, mostly trying to directly modify the font. I've used DarthNemesis' NTFR Editor to dump the font, but I'm unable to figure out exactly why the space character (at position 0,0 in the font table) isn't recognized. I'm able to use a Shift-JIS space, but that space is much too big, and the text looks awkward.

I'm pretty sure that the game is using VWF, as the game will bunch together any letters that don't take up the maximum width. However, I have no idea how I'd find or modify the values for it. If I can't figure out how to get the space properly recognized, I may just modify an existing character, and use that as a space.

Anyway, any help in modifying the font or text recognition for Jet Impulse would be greatly appreciated, as it would allow me to move forward with creating a useful patch.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I may try the new ram site, and download more RAM to my Switch. Not sure if ddr3 is the right...