Hacking ATTN: Anti-hackers

Xuphor

I have lied to all of you. I am deeply sorry.
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
Piracy may often invite more shovelware.

However this is what's known as a "bad example", since Ubisoft doesn't give a fuck.

Round and round the conversation goes. See the last page, about why I think this'll drive up more developers to make shovelware like a virus.

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Slyakin said:
Ubisoft = retarded.

Nintendo = magnet for shovelware.

Pirating = not gonna make a FUCKING DIFFERENCE about the amount of shovelware.

+1

Nintendo has become a kids and grandmas first brand. And this = shovelware
And I'm willing to bet the Wii U won't be any different, even with their promise of going "hardcore".

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RoMee said:
Slyakin said:
Ubisoft = retarded.

+1

And I'm willing to bet the Wii U won't be any different, even with their promise of going "hardcore".
It didn't become anything. It a game company for everyone. Plus I didn't even think that what he meant... so, yea.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KingVamp said:
RoMee said:
Slyakin said:
Ubisoft = retarded.

+1

It didn't become anything. It a game company for everyone. Plus I didn't even think that what he meant... so, yea.
Actually RoMee's right, it's become a circus for the lame and the half-a$$ed, and boy is it attracting a crowd. He's not insulting it, he's just stating the facts.

Recorderdude

Musician, Animator, Buffoon.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I thought there'd be a million dog/pet games on 3DS in the first place. They tend to invade most ninty consoles and moreso portables nowadays.

Another shovelware company, Majesco, seems to be REALLY reaching deep into the unoriginality bucket now, though.

It seems they couldn't decide whether to make a pet game or a Zombie game, so they made BOTH.

"Pet Zombies 3D"

...no, I'm not joking.

http://ds.ign.com/objects/097/097901.html

besides that, there's always going to be debate whether or not the 3DS's hacking will kill it. One thing though, is that hacking does NOT kill a console, in my opinion. It's other factors such as pricing, capabilities compared to the competition as well as how the company RESPONDS to the hacking. If they freak the hell out and devote all their resources to stopping it, that's that much less work being done on new, fun and innovative first-party games for the system. All my opinion though.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
personuser said:
I thought there'd be a million dog/pet games on 3DS in the first place. They tend to invade most ninty consoles and moreso portables nowadays.

Another shovelware company, Majesco, seems to be REALLY reaching deep into the unoriginality bucket now, though.

It seems they couldn't decide whether to make a pet game or a Zombie game, so they made BOTH.

"Pet Zombies 3D"

...no, I'm not joking.

besides that, there's always going to be debate whether or not the 3DS's hacking will kill it. One thing though, is that hacking does NOT kill a console, in my opinion. It's other factors such as pricing, capabilities compared to the competition as well as how the company RESPONDS to the hacking. If they freak the hell out and devote all their resources to stopping it, that's that much less work being done on new, fun and innovative first-party games for the system. All my opinion though.
Actually most of the shovelware you see is published, not developed, by Majesco.

That includes Pet Zombies.

AceWarhead

"Must Construct Additional Pylons"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
personuser said:

"Pet Zombies 3D"

...no, I'm not joking.

This is sad. I am sad to see such stupid and un-original games on the 3DS.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Are we still going on about this? Why can't someone not want a system to be hacked because they don't want to see it hacked. Also Ubisoft doing something stupid like that is no longer a big shock anymore.

Xuphor

I have lied to all of you. I am deeply sorry.
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A Gay Little Catboy said:
Are we still going on about this? Why can't someone not want a system to be hacked because they don't want to see it hacked. Also Ubisoft doing something stupid like that is no longer a big shock anymore.

Read what I said on page 1, this is likely going to spiral other devs into make garbage too. "Pet Zombie in 3D" is being published by Majesto, not related to Ubisoft at all.

I'm editing my OP to include the fact this isn't just Ubisoft, as everyone seems to be focusing on that.

boombox

Trophies
XP
Country
machomuu said:
KingVamp said:
RoMee said:
Slyakin said:
Ubisoft = retarded.

+1

Actually RoMee's right, it's become a circus for the lame and the half-a$$ed, and boy is it attracting a crowd. He's not insulting it, he's just stating the facts.

+1 on that...to some extent and won't add much extra as the facts have been said.

If a quality game comes out (like Mario, Zelda, Donkey Kong) then people are more likely to buy it, it's worth the money, they're Nintendo's own brand and they've lasted years. They've been experimented with and improved, but still kept their original magic. There are still going to be a lot of people who will buy these types of games (the ones that are worth it) even pirates.

omatic

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
When someone tries to argue against exploit discovery due to the possibility of shovelware on target platform, make like an attention pirate and don't pay them any.

Edit:
Also, my 3DS has seen little to no action since I bought it in May, because after the wow factor of the 3D wears off (which is about 30 minutes per game max), the best games on the console boil down to being ports or remakes of games I've played several times before, with storylines that I don't care about, already know, or don't exist.

With no demos on the console (which is a shame considering they have the infrastructure in place to distribute them wirelessly), it'd be nice to know if I'm going to tire of a game an hour after paying ~$40 for it, so I can avoid doing so in the first place. Nintendo's refusal to get with the times is what will increase shovelware moreso than the existence of exploits. The DS had plenty of shovelware, but it also had plenty of excellent games, and it was arguably the easiest console to pirate games for in the last generation of consoles.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
How many developers are making shovelware on the 3DS right now? How many developers are/were making shovelware on the DS? Has the number of developers increased, decreased, or stayed the same from the time of the DS to the 3DS? That should be an indication of what's going on.

So far, only 2 developers have been mentioned here for this generation. Ubisoft and Majesco. 2 shovelware developers is not enough to warrant that shovelware will be rampaging this generation.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Xuphor said:
A Gay Little Catboy said:

Read what I said on page 1, this is likely going to spiral other devs into make garbage too. "Pet Zombie in 3D" is being published by Majesto, not related to Ubisoft at all.

I'm editing my OP to include the fact this isn't just Ubisoft, as everyone seems to be focusing on that.

One company vs Ubisoft? Ubisoft take the spot light.
I didn't care if there are shoverwares,but if it so much by one company who doesn't really need to produce one then
I can't respect that at all.

personuser said:
"Pet Zombies 3D"
This has been know for a while...

QUOTE(boombox @ Sep 2 2011, 06:02 PM)
+1 on that...to some extent and won't add much extra as the facts have been said.

If a quality game comes out (like Mario, Zelda, Donkey Kong) then people are more likely to buy it, it's worth the money, they're Nintendo's own brand and they've lasted years. They've been experimented with and improved, but still kept their original magic. There are still going to be a lot of people who will buy these types of games (the ones that are worth it) even pirates.
No, it isn't a fact because if want to go by people doing lame and the half-way (
tongue.gif
) stuff then blame 3rd party themselves.
I hear/read about what devs are doing on other consoles and PCs.

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Snailface said:
I'm annoyed that I have to sit around years waiting for Nintendo to get around to adding common sense features like user-made 3D video. I don't want free games I just want to have something to do with it.
To you it may seem like "common sense", but I would be surprised if the components used in the 3DS can even support a task such as encoding two simultaneous 400×240 streams in real-time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    the author has the final aproval
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    hunter x hunter
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    he has not allowed anyone to continue it for him for example
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, theres a dragon ball af mod for budokai 3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    updated ship of harkinian, gonna install some hd texture pack
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I might download rayman revolution for my ps3
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I may try the new ram site, and download more RAM to my Switch. Not sure if ddr3 is the right ram
    for it tho. Edit- no it uses floppy Ram, just like @AncientBoi
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    aeiou
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And sometimes Z
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, MAGA supporters be wearing tin foil hats lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, whats maga?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It stands for Maniacs Against General Acceptance
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, people rejecting general consensus about stuff?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, nuh its really just Trump followers
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, im not american so i dont care about trump
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    or us elections
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me niether, us north Koreans don't care
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i don't care either, even if i'm american
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    truth be told, i agree with psi, i dislike both candidates, but i'd probably vote trump simply because the economy was better during his presidency
  • AngryCinnabon @ AngryCinnabon:
    Just be careful, if trump ends up winning and using project 2025 America might really change...for the worse.
    I'm not american and even that sends shivers down my spine.
    anything that offers trump an opportunity to become an actual dictator
    is bad in my book, i could care less if it wasn't for that...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Canada: America's Russia
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Canada: America's Russia