Hacking *~Auto Injectuwad Injector~* -kept updated-

Arakon

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Different issue with Genesis sram games (as host wad):
Now it always complains about the rom size being too large, even if the host wad had a 2 or 3 MB rom and the rom to be injected is only 768 kb in size.
In the message log, it reads "Entry Size 0x0" instead of the proper space size for a romfile. I think the rom starts at a different offset in sram games, due to the extra entry.

creffca

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Arakon said:
Now it always complains about the rom size being too large, even if the host wad had a 2 or 3 MB rom and the rom to be injected is only 768 kb in size.
In the message log, it reads "Entry Size 0x0" instead of the proper space size for a romfile. I think the rom starts at a different offset in sram games, due to the extra entry.

Gen games are funny, there is some compression that causes odd results sometimes. Injectuwad automatically searches for the rom entry offset, so even if stuff is shifted in the file it shouldn't be a problem. I am curious though. What rom and host wad are you using??

lolsjoel

Trophies
Website
www.0RANGECHiCKEN.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Cool, thanks. Do you think that this could increase compatibility? I'm curious to know that if anything can be done on the scene's end to make problematic games work, or if it'll have to be Nintendo that updates their emulators before we can get those games working.

creffca

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bobitos said:
Cool, thanks. Do you think that this could increase compatibility? I'm curious to know that if anything can be done on the scene's end to make problematic games work, or if it'll have to be Nintendo that updates their emulators before we can get those games working.

I'm sure there are some small things here and there that can be done to improve compatibility (goldeneye working is an example), but its a bit out of my ability. There might be some bytes to hex, or some config options within the wad to edit....I just can't find them.

lolsjoel

Trophies
Website
www.0RANGECHiCKEN.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
creffca said:
bobitos said:
I'm sure there are some small things here and there that can be done to improve compatibility (goldeneye working is an example), but its a bit out of my ability. There might be some bytes to hex, or some config options within the wad to edit....I just can't find them.
Wait, someone has injected Goldeneye and got it working 100% (saving and all)? Huh. I'll have to look in to that...

megabug7

Forum Relic
Trophies
XP
Country
Nightstalker said:
Just released v3 guys! Lots of changes, fixes, and additions!

CHANGES v3
-Genesis mode added (non-interleaved)
-Injectuwad no longer needs WadTool/BannerTool
-Injectuwad uses new wad packer/unpacker
-New output .wad name
-New visual improvements to Auto Injectuwad Injector

ENJOY!

Super fast injections now lol
smile.gif

Nightstalker

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
bobitos said:
Wait, someone has injected Goldeneye and got it working 100% (saving and all)? Huh. I'll have to look in to that...
khuong edited Goldeneye over a week ago and got it to work without saving. He has yet to release it or tell me where he edited it in the hex code.

Go bug him about it if you want: http://irc.netsplit.de/webchat/?net=EFnet&room=%23WiiVC

lolsjoel

Trophies
Website
www.0RANGECHiCKEN.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Ah, so the ROM had to be edited. I'll pass then. I just made my first VC injection! Finally got Daffy Duck in to Street Fighter. Works perfectly. I thought that this AIW was supposed to black out the banner, but it didn't. I take it that I was mistaken?

Nightstalker

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
bobitos said:
Ah, so the ROM had to be edited. I'll pass then. I just made my first VC injection! Finally got Daffy Duck in to Street Fighter. Works perfectly. I thought that this AIW was supposed to black out the banner, but it didn't. I take it that I was mistaken?
Your right, we didn't make it black out the banner. Instead for the next release we will probably add a banner image making feature.

EDIT: I meant if someone does release a banner tool. It is too risky otherwise, due to bricking.

lolsjoel

Trophies
Website
www.0RANGECHiCKEN.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Nightstalker said:
Your right, we didn't make it black out the banner. Instead for the next release we will probably add a banner image making feature.
Really? I thought that was supposed to be a very difficult process to change the banner to an animated picture like Paradox managed to do. Is yours going to do that, or will it be something simpler? Either way, that's exciting!

creffca

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nightstalker sort of jumped the gun on the banner thing. From what I hear it is risky to do, so I won't be attempting to code anything for it. If someone does release a banner tool though, we will integrate it into our package (unless the author requests we don't). So "next release" may not be accurate, but it could happen in the future.

wichoxp

Trophies
XP
Country
Guatemala
creffca said:
Nightstalker sort of jumped the gun on the banner thing. From what I hear it is risky to do, so I won't be attempting to code anything for it. If someone does release a banner tool though, we will integrate it into our package (unless the author requests we don't).
Well, Paradox made a "snes9x" channel with banners:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOv9uhAxcYE

He modified the banners from some VC Game and made his own channel
smile.gif
!

lolsjoel

Trophies
Website
www.0RANGECHiCKEN.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Great! I'll confirm again that this works perfectly! I just injected Legend_of_Zelda_-_The_-_Ocarina_of_Time_-_Master_Quest-(U)-(GC)-[!] in to OOT (NTSC) and it works 100%. Also, since the banner remained intact, it looks just like an official release! I couldn't be happier
smile.gif

dernettemann1983

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Finaly i got some wad packed with the right size. Only the DKC 2 WAD makes problems. I used the Blaze repack release. Any idea why it's not working for me ?
With the US DKC 2 WAD i get these Error:

@Checking if you're a noob...

ERROR: Input files cannot contain spaces or dashes!!

Noob protection failed!!
Drücken Sie eine beliebige Taste . . .

Edit: I get now the 4100 error

Arakon

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
creffca said:
Arakon said:

Gen games are funny, there is some compression that causes odd results sometimes. Injectuwad automatically searches for the rom entry offset, so even if stuff is shifted in the file it shouldn't be a problem. I am curious though. What rom and host wad are you using??

I've tried with Sonic 3 (2 MB), story of thor (largest currently available sram VC game, 3 MB), shining in the darkness (1 MB), Landstalker (2 MB) as hosts (all PAL). I've tried injecting Phantasy Star IV (3 MB), Phantasy Star II (768 kb, just to use an especially small ROM) and Shining Force 2 (2 MB).

Always the same error:

@Calculating ROM size...
@Compressing rom...
@Reading ROM data...
@Rom size: 0x7371a
@Entry size: 0x0
ERROR: Rom file too large to inject to the selected entry, exiting!!

If I inject them into any non-sram wad, they work.

Update: I just tried injecting into an NTSC wad and that does work, or at least it detects the size right before complaining it's too large. This seems to be an issue with PAL wads as host.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    hunter x hunter
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    he has not allowed anyone to continue it for him for example
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, theres a dragon ball af mod for budokai 3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    updated ship of harkinian, gonna install some hd texture pack
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I might download rayman revolution for my ps3
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I may try the new ram site, and download more RAM to my Switch. Not sure if ddr3 is the right ram
    for it tho. Edit- no it uses floppy Ram, just like @AncientBoi
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    aeiou
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And sometimes Z
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, MAGA supporters be wearing tin foil hats lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, whats maga?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It stands for Maniacs Against General Acceptance
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, people rejecting general consensus about stuff?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, nuh its really just Trump followers
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, im not american so i dont care about trump
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    or us elections
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me niether, us north Koreans don't care
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i don't care either, even if i'm american
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    truth be told, i agree with psi, i dislike both candidates, but i'd probably vote trump simply because the economy was better during his presidency
  • AngryCinnabon @ AngryCinnabon:
    Just be careful, if trump ends up winning and using project 2025 America might really change...for the worse.
    I'm not american and even that sends shivers down my spine.
    anything that offers trump an opportunity to become an actual dictator
    is bad in my book, i could care less if it wasn't for that...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Canada: America's Russia
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious
    NinStar @ NinStar: people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious