Hacking Backup disks.

ReimuMikoHakurei

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello. I have been trying to burn a backup of super smash brothers project m since my USB no longer works and the ISO is too big for my verbatim 4.7 gb DVD-r disks. Is there any way I can compress the 6.99 GB iso without putting it in a rar file?

szczuru

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hello. I have been trying to burn a backup of super smash brothers project m since my USB no longer works and the ISO is too big for my verbatim 4.7 gb DVD-r disks. Is there any way I can compress the 6.99 GB iso without putting it in a rar file?

Burn it on DVD9 (DVD DL 8.5GB)

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
You can burn it on a DL DVD-R, but then the next thing that will be broken, will be your dvd drive. That is, if your dvd drive even likes dual layer discs at all.

There should be a .iso file of the game unmodified game, where all movies but one are removed, and it's the same movie playing instead of all others(DVD5 version). You could take this .iso and apply the mods to it instead of the original .iso. Or you could take the modded version and remove the video files and then link all of them to the same file, which is "a bit" complicated.

The easiest solution would be fixing your usb drive, or getting a new one. Trust me, you won't be able to bear the slow loading from dvd. USB is 2x as fast as a retail disc, and DVD-R is 1/2 as fast as a retail disc. Once you are used to usb loading, there's no going back for most people. If the usb port is broken, check loading from sdhc cards. Some usb loaders support it, and the card compatibility is not so good, but it's still 10x better than DVD-Rs.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: updated ship of harkinian, gonna install some hd texture pack