Hacking Backup Launcher by Wiigator

Rcolon85

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The cIOS Fix

With Mario Cart it lets you load the second race.
IT let me load up madden 09 all play.

Same Loading times for me thou its nothing Drastic. Still a good fix thou.

legend101

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Rcolon85 said:
The cIOS Fix

With Mario Cart it lets you load the second race.
IT let me load up madden 09 all play.

Same Loading times for me thou its nothing Drastic. Still a good fix thou.

yea i tried mariokart

dkelley

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm still not sure what the different hooks do in the gui. there's the default one, a wii one and gc (I'm guessing gamecube) one. what are these for? the games are all wii, so you couldn't use the gamecube controller with them exclusively in most cases. so it can't be for that.... what IS this switch for?

Rcolon85

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dkelley said:
I'm still not sure what the different hooks do in the gui. there's the default one, a wii one and gc (I'm guessing gamecube) one. what are these for? the games are all wii, so you couldn't use the gamecube controller with them exclusively in most cases. so it can't be for that.... what IS this switch for?

1.Default(IC) - WiiMote
2.Wii PAd
3.GC-Gamecube controller

But im not sure if you can set Wiigators Loader to use a gamecube controller for games.

Defiance

oh my god.. it's full of trading cards...
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cooler89 said:
shamone69 said:
Nin10doFan said:
Does the fixed cIOS render everything for Wiigator's loader useless? Also, to uninstall the cIOS, I use the Custom IOS Uninstaller by Waninkoko, right?

yes on the uninstaller and no on wiigator loader for me so far
ph34r.gif

or you can use anytitledeleter for uninstalling IOS249

Why would I want to delete IOS249? I thought I needed it...

Cooler89

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nin10doFan said:
Cooler89 said:
shamone69 said:
Nin10doFan said:
Does the fixed cIOS render everything for Wiigator's loader useless? Also, to uninstall the cIOS, I use the Custom IOS Uninstaller by Waninkoko, right?

ph34r.gif

For installing the CIOS_fixed by ppc who fixed some memory issues you have to uninstall the old one to install the new one

dkelley

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Rcolon85 said:
1.Default(IC) - WiiMote
2.Wii PAd
3.GC-Gamecube controller

But im not sure if you can set Wiigators Loader to use a gamecube controller for games.

seriously? so for wii games, most of which require the wiimote's motion controller, the loader allows you to limit game control to the wiipad (which IS the wiimote...) or the gamecube controller (which has no motion control at all)?

I think that's unlikely, not to sound harsh, but doesn't it seem unlikely? and it couldn't be that you're choosing which controller to use for the menu because you're already at the menu which works with the wiimote's pad and buttons, so that's not it either.

I bring this up because someone said that to use the new patch with wiigator's loader you have to set this hook to GC. Well if so, does that mean that we can't actually play the game because we're limited to the gamecube controller only for it? To me that's how it sounds based on what you're describing here, so I think I must be misunderstanding :-)

What does this hook actually do please? what action is controlled by the hook-set controller once that choice has been made?

Cheers

Cooler89

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

shamone69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Nin10doFan said:
Cooler89 said:
shamone69 said:
Nin10doFan said:

ph34r.gif

because you are installing it again cios fix= cios 249/ delete the old one first then install cios fix wad

Defiance

oh my god.. it's full of trading cards...
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cooler89 said:
Nin10doFan said:
Cooler89 said:
shamone69 said:
Nin10doFan said:

ph34r.gif

For installing the CIOS_fixed by ppc who fixed some memory issues you have to uninstall the old one to install the new one

Really? All I did was uninstall the cIOS I had before, then installed the new one.

Treacha

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
cIOS Fix works with both Waninkoko & WiiGators loader for me.. although just testing one game
tongue.gif

But it seems indeed to have more compatibility which is great offcourse!

But you indeed need to set it to GC Pad.. otherwise everything stays black

shamone69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
dkelley said:
Rcolon85 said:
1.Default(IC) - WiiMote
2.Wii PAd
3.GC-Gamecube controller

seriously? so for wii games, most of which require the wiimote's motion controller, the loader allows you to limit game control to the wiipad (which IS the wiimote...) or the gamecube controller (which has no motion control at all)?

I think that's unlikely, not to sound harsh, but doesn't it seem unlikely? and it couldn't be that you're choosing which controller to use for the menu because you're already at the menu which works with the wiimote's pad and buttons, so that's not it either.

I bring this up because someone said that to use the new patch with wiigator's loader you have to set this hook to GC. Well if so, does that mean that we can't actually play the game because we're limited to the gamecube controller only for it? To me that's how it sounds based on what you're describing here, so I think I must be misunderstanding :-)

What does this hook actually do please? what action is controlled by the hook-set controller once that choice has been made?

Cheers

yes that was me that is what ppc_gba said you had to do to use the fix with wiigators loader dont know what it does maybe he could tell you if he reads this
ph34r.gif

dkelley

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Treacha said:
cIOS Fix works with both Waninkoko & WiiGators loader for me.. although just testing one game
tongue.gif

Kewl. did you notice setting it to GC Pad did anything else like making the GC pad required for operation of the loader next time or of the game or something crazy like that? LoL, I know it sounds stupid, but to me it's like "I'm setting something to use the gamecube controller.... WHAT am I setting to use it?"

if it just magically makes things work then that's really all that matters, I prefer to know more or less what I'm doing to my wii before I start clicking settings though.

dkelley

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
shamone69 said:
yes that was me that is what pbc said you had to do to use the fix with wiigators loader dont know what it does maybe he could tell you if he reads this
ph34r.gif

kewl, cheers. I'm definitely curious now... what it's really doing... but as long as it works :-)

Treacha

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
dkelley said:
Treacha said:
tongue.gif

Kewl. did you notice setting it to GC Pad did anything else like making the GC pad required for operation of the loader next time or of the game or something crazy like that? LoL, I know it sounds stupid, but to me it's like "I'm setting something to use the gamecube controller.... WHAT am I setting to use it?"

if it just magically makes things work then that's really all that matters, I prefer to know more or less what I'm doing to my wii before I start clicking settings though.

Well actually.. i think GC Pad indeed disables some functionality of the wiimote.. since i fired up Brunswick Pro Bowling.. but i cant figure out how to throw a ball.. it doens't works the way Wii Sports does anyway.. heheh

EDIT:
Nevermind.. i think it takes some time to load the throw or anything.. i figured out i could throw once..
tongue.gif

ppc_gba

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
as far as i know gc pad could be for debugging purposes.. not sure I'm gonna look at the source of geckoos/backuplauncher to see.
it doesn't damage anything or hinder your ability to play games with the wiimote. i dont have have any wii games that use the gc controller, but if i did i might select wii pad. in any case, this is only in effect while the pirated game is running.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/FdYTKAVSsXY?si=9E-2AU0JN-4hRZi3