Hacking Backup Launcher by Wiigator

dkelley

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
rasputin said:
Could the loaders be usuing a hacked GC mode to run wii games ? hence the slowness ?

interesting theory but no, I think it's been described here by the devs that the currently available loaders are using the dvd reading routine as opposed to the wii reading routine.

Whether the gamecube mode of all wiis uses that dvd reading routine is unlikely since gamecube discs I believe use the same reverse-direction-reading copy protection scheme that wii discs use, so one would think gamecube mode would use something along the lines of the wii loading routine.

Jm9760

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The ios fix won't work for me. I keep getting DVD identity error. It was working fine when I had the dvdx 249 installed. Help?

EDIT: I'm using Wiigator's loader if that matters.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Jm9760 said:
The ios fix won't work for me. I keep getting DVD identity error. It was working fine when I had the dvdx 249 installed. Help?

You need to
1. Uninstall the DVDx - then
2. Uninstall the CIOS thats in there
3. Reinstall the new Fixed IOS and
4. Re-install DVDx with advanced mode like the old one on 249
5. Change the VI mode to GC pad

should load the games then.

Treacha

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Jm9760 said:

After you uninstalled everything, you need to install the new cIOS after that you need to install DVDx again using again IOS249 only this time it;s the modded.. you probably forgot to reinstall DVDx

Treacha

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hehe

we both respond exactly at the same time
tongue.gif

wiirfreaks

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
with "wiigators loader" (&rev6, dvdx), the game "No More Heros PAL" freezed if u come near the agency (until u beat the first boss).
"Okami PAL" trys load a new game and freezed at the loading screen too. And the game "Fishing Master PAL" (seems that nobody test it, couse u could not find it on the compatibility lists), freeded befor u get the title screen,...
than i uninstalled the ios with "anytitle uninstaller" and installed the "cios_fix wad" with the "wad manager". (dvdx i didnt touch)
with the "wiigators loader" i become now only black screens (but if i have understood) i seems to be right. BUT with waninkokos loader, everything works fine...
and i mean everything!
Now i could play "no more heroes" and it doesnt frezzed.
and have anyone noticed that "okami" works nearly perfect?
and the loading time on okami seems to be short (compared with the ultra long loading times of no more heros ^^).
Fishing Masters (wich could not reached the title screen) run nearly perfect too.
But the game "Mortal Kombat Armageddon PAL" doesnt work with both cIOSes by me....
it freezed after the controller image (and the wiimode disconnects).

"I tryed Harvest Moon ToT NTSC" (PAL patched)too...
with wiigators loader & cios, i could play "normal" until i talked with the major,...than the game freezed ("normal" like in the comp list)
and with waninkos loader and the cios_fix the game comes only until the first image where u could see this 3 or 4 small goblins or what that is.....at this screen, it seems to freezed the game or somelike that...

I wait patiently for a new release and dream that waninko and wiigator work together ^^
thx waninko, wiigator, ppc_gba and all others who support this community ....
It is not about to make piratary, but to try thinks at the wii and find out everything what works ^^

sorry for my german-english and writing error are normaly by me
unsure.gif

EDIT: ahhhh yehhhh by changing the hook type to GC-PAD, the wiigator loader works fine now ^^
i tested Harvest Moon ToT again and BÄM it doesnt freezed!!!!!!!
guys im lovin it! ^^
THX
but the PAL60 option doesnt work for me,....and if i let everything off, i play a game thats terrible black&white colored ^^
only the PAL50 option work for me now...
but this i my problem and not yours becouse the game isnt released in europe yet.

Meharis

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
just to let you guys know, i did NOT uninstall the old cios, i just installed the cios fix and it worked.
so i guess it`s not really necesary to uninstall the old cios... i guess ...

Tiger Woods 09 works now, can`t tell about online, i don`t want to go online with a backup
same with mario kart

thanx for the fix, great stuff guys !!!

btw how do you drift in mario kart to use the small turbos ?!

GhostSonic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dkelley said:
rasputin said:
Could the loaders be usuing a hacked GC mode to run wii games ? hence the slowness ?

interesting theory but no, I think it's been described here by the devs that the currently available loaders are using the dvd reading routine as opposed to the wii reading routine.

Whether the gamecube mode of all wiis uses that dvd reading routine is unlikely since gamecube discs I believe use the same reverse-direction-reading copy protection scheme that wii discs use, so one would think gamecube mode would use something along the lines of the wii loading routine.
by "reverse-direction-reading" do you mean that rumor about the wii/gamecube spinning the disc's counter clockwise, because if you are, that's a false rumor.
Or is there something I'm not getting?

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Meharis said:
just to let you guys know, i did NOT uninstall the old cios, i just installed the cios fix and it worked.

Tiger Woods 09 works now, can`t tell about online, i don`t want to go online with a backup
same with mario kart

I just played a round was about to post the same - though we should be posting in the compatability thread and not here

dkelley

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
GhostSonic said:
by "reverse-direction-reading" do you mean that rumor about the wii/gamecube reading the disc's in reverse, because if you are, that's a false rumor.

yup that's what I mean. I thought they read outside in instead of inside out or something like that (which I always thought was f***ing brilliant), if it's false then there goes the past few years of my knowledge of why nintendo disc based consoles are harder to hack than other consoles! LoL... figures

GhostSonic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dkelley said:
GhostSonic said:
by "reverse-direction-reading" do you mean that rumor about the wii/gamecube reading the disc's in reverse, because if you are, that's a false rumor.

yup that's what I mean. I thought they read outside in instead of inside out or something like that (which I always thought was f***ing brilliant), if it's false then there goes the past few years of my knowledge of why nintendo disc based consoles are harder to hack than other consoles! LoL... figures
I actually meant more along the lines of "spinning the discs counter clockwise" but if that's what you mean too, then yeah, it's not real.

Meharis

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
djtaz said:
Meharis said:

same with mario kart

I just played a round was about to post the same - though we should be posting in the compatability thread and not here

jupp u r right, but maybe we should wait till backup launcher v.02 gets public and then start to post. i donn`t want to do the work twice for around 30 games now. i`m lazy
rolleyes.gif

dkelley

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
djgarf said:
yeh that is a total rumour
the ps2 however read the second layer of some dual layered games that way but that was cracked by echelon

ha! kewl. Learned something new today (other than wiiloader related)!

thanks for the info guys! ps- it was a great rumor, it made me not even bother looking into how to hack the wii to load commercial games because I figured it wasn't worth bothering. And as a result, better people than I are doing the hard work in this thread ;-)

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Meharis said:
jupp u r right, but maybe we should wait till backup launcher v.02 gets public and then start to post. i donn`t want to do the work twice for around 30 games now. i`m lazy
rolleyes.gif
Just an update - the online mode works fine too - just played a round though i did lose network connection so ill need to try again , but it worked for 2 shots.

*Edit* ok maybe not so well - i think the read speed on the coarse is a tad too slow and the network gets disconnected before it finishes loading.
Works on some holes though.

hencthurk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Can we have a new thread or something for the cIOS fix please, (then pm me with the link lol I'm going bed now)

Link the fix

What we need to do to get it working (conflicting reports, some say just install fix, others say uninstall everything and start over)

Known game fixes, OKAMI?! can anyone confirm,

I think it'll help a lot
smile.gif

Anyway guys good night

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/FdYTKAVSsXY?si=9E-2AU0JN-4hRZi3