Hacking best flashcart for DS?

boco77

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Right now I have a m3 ds Simply flashcart its ok but doesnt support micro sd cards larger than 2gb. I want one that supports 8gb or more. I heard the Cyclo DS is good is it worth getting? I'm not interested in listening to music or video with it. Whats generally regarded as the best one? I like Cyclo as it seems very easy to use and supports 32gb cards.
The Edge ds card also looks good too?

krazykirk

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You're going to get flamed.

But anyway, a cyclo will be fine. It's really good.

But if you're not going to use the other features, an Acekard2 will do the job perfectly well with a 8gb MicroSDHC card.

sidneyyoung

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
I'm gonna change my tune from my usual reccomendation of the scds-1 and reccomend the cyclo if you can get it cheap.

I'm fed up with SC not changing the sav file naming convention, it really is a joke now. Though it doesn't stop any functionality it's still a pain in the arse to deal with.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I certainly wouldn't recommend an Acekard 2 if you need it right away. It's a great cart, but with the hardware problems the latest batches have been having, I'd wait until they've clearly fixed the problem before I'd recommend anyone buying one.

-Bri

Kazumastars

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Get a DSTT. Cheap, plays games perfectly, no extra menu for media. It supports up to 4 terabyte cards(which probably will never be created for another few years)

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The CycloDS is a better cart than the DSTT, and is definitely worth the extra features and better menu considering the small difference in price at dealextreme.com.

-Bri

Sephi

fool
Trophies
Website
nov.us.to
XP
Country
United States
Bri said:
The CycloDS is a better cart than the DSTT, and is definitely worth the extra features and better menu considering the small difference in price at dealextreme.com.

-Bri
CycloDS Evo is totally worth the extra $~15.00. If you can afford it, get it. Otherwise a SCDS1 or EDGE.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    human with cyborg enhancements
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or like terminatior
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    with living tissue
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty there is health behaviour you can add to your character, then to use a health bar is lil more complicated, google n watch a few tutorial video on it, be too hard to explain here.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, the character has the health behavior
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I know you have to create a health and health max variable. Then there is a calculation you use in code to subtract width size of the health bar. Google few vids.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, the "greenflatbar" is one of the preset health bars btw
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea you can use any bar/sprite. It will just change the width. Ok good luck and have fun. I'm off to go shoot some pool at the bar. Talk to you later.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, why does the health behavior exist if you can just use a variable?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and nope the number still doesnt change
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    ok im gonna make my own asset
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm i think i fixed it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, I fixed it
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    how are you\
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, we just talked like 2 hours ago
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I had the Goodyear blimp fly real low right over my house this morning, was weird out of nowhere looking up and seeing it that close up. Memorial golf tourney going on by me in Dublin Ohio and its there.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, i tried the gdevelop mobile app and theres a event limit and you have to pay to add more events
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I never used the mobile or online versions, just the pc version.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, i only use the online version
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I was at the bar for 1 hour and lost $40 playing pool, and said well that's enough for my unlucky day, better quit. Some sharks up there today.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, did you get drunk?
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BigOnYa, did you get drunk?