.::5pYd3r::.

Viva La Pizza
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm looking into getting the Limited edition Crisis Core PSP when it comes out here in Australia and have no idea on what accessories to get.
Please post your suggestions.
Thanks in Advance!

EDIT:Forgot to mention that i'd rather stuff from DealExtreme because its easier to get for me

jelbo

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
HORI screen protector and Hard Pouch. Some soft (so it won't scratch your PSP) strap is nice too (I'm using my Japanese DS Lite strap
biggrin.gif
).

bustyman100

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Here are a few things I couldn't live without:

1. Mem stick for movies and ps1 games. Custom Firmware is part of the fun.

2. Nice hard case to protect your shiny new PSP.

3. A screen protector. I know some people think that a case alone is enough. It is not. The PSP screen finish is super prone to scratching. I know people who have scratched theirs on the first time they wiped the screen because some "Hard Dust Particles" (HDP) were on the lens cloth. So a screen protector will act as a sacrificial layer and you can just chuck it when it gets old.

jelbo

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
hybridkit said:
Definitely get a legit Hori PSP screen protector.
Seconded. I bought 4 fakes from DX, and all of them are crap: too big or too prone to scratches. Haven't got my real HORI and CAPDASE ones yet though, but they can't be any worse
tongue.gif

IBNobody

I try to keep myself amused.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
hybridkit said:
Definitely get a legit Hori PSP screen protector.

I'm going to disagree with the Hori protectors. Don't go with them.

Hori was my first choice, as I love their DS products. I hated the PSP screen protector, though, because it was too small to fit on a PSP slim screen. Even perfectly centered, the edges encroached on the viewable area of the screen. Some of the PSP homebrew or games I was using put text right at the bottom or top edge of the screen, and the edge of the protector made viewing it extremely annoying.

Instead, I went with BestSkinsEver

http://www.bestskinsever.com/servlet/the-7...000-Slim/Detail

This protector was not without some faults of its own, but I found it to be better than the Hori.

The BSE covers the entire front of the PSP, although you may need to trim some edges slightly to keep it from peeling off the edges of the PSP. The install process is easier, as you basically float it onto your PSP using a thin layer of water. (It's safe to do and doesn't damage your PSP.) You won't have any problems with air bubbles because the BSE adhesive absorbs all the water underneath it. It also molds itself around the minute dust particles that are the bane of any Hori install.

Since it covers the entire PSP face, you do not have any of the annoying screen edge effects!

The screen is not anti-reflective like some of the Hori products. In fact, it looks rough and mottled. When playing, though, you don't notice anything.

My biggest complaint with the protector is that it will temporarily mold itself around anything pushed against it. I left my PSP sitting upside down on my headphone cord one day, and when I picked the PSP up again, I saw that the cord had left an imprint on the protector. The crease went away on its own, though.

As far as cases go, don't get a crystal case. They scratch too easily. Get a padded case. I currently use a Hori padded case that came with my scrapped screen protector.

jelbo

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Interesting protector, IBNobody. I wonder though how it can fit to the entire front of the Slim, as it's not one equal surface, opposed to the Phat.

Care to take some pics?
tongue.gif

IBNobody

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
jelbo said:
Interesting protector, IBNobody. I wonder though how it can fit to the entire front of the Slim, as it's not one equal surface, opposed to the Phat.

Care to take some pics?
tongue.gif

It molds itself to the uneven surface. You can see where the LCD screen indent is, but it's not distracting.

I'll take a pic when I get home.

Shyn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a BSE on my psp slim as well, best investment I've made for it. I got the full body kit for mine, so the back is protected as well. I didn't have to trim mine at all upon install though, just take some time to keep pushing it down to secure it. The BSE's are also, for the most part, scratch proof. I have pulled my keys out and went at the skin, to test it, and there are no scratches.

Here's two pictures I just took:
DSCN1116.jpg

DSCN1115.jpg

IBNobody

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Shyn said:
I have a BSE on my psp slim as well, best investment I've made for it. I got the full body kit for mine, so the back is protected as well. I didn't have to trim mine at all upon install though, just take some time to keep pushing it down to secure it. The BSE's are also, for the most part, scratch proof. I have pulled my keys out and went at the skin, to test it, and there are no scratches.

I only went with the face plate because I have a 2200MAh battery door. The skin won't fit that portion of it. But if they made one for that door, I'd have jumped at the full body skin.

I trimmed down the face skin, though, because I was afraid that the edges would peel off the beveled edges of the PSP after some use. Has that happened to you?

Shyn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IBNobody said:
I trimmed down the face skin, though, because I was afraid that the edges would peel off the beveled edges of the PSP after some use. Has that happened to you?

I was afraid of that too, but its actually not a problem at all. I can run my fingers with hard pressure over the applied edges, no problem.

Pyrofyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My God, these BSE skins seem awesome. I'm going to skip out on buying myself one of the crystal cases from BestBuy for sure, and get one of these.

Where do you get this "Hori Padded Case" or similar Padded Cases? My PSP keeps falling as the shorts I'm currently wearing (New shorts I bought) have awkward pockets and the PSP often falls out :[

Btw does anyone know of an ideal strap or some other sort of clip or whatnot that I can use on my pants (preferred clip) that won't have it bouncing around, but also keeps my pockets free? :0

IBNobody

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Pyrofyr said:
My God, these BSE skins seem awesome. I'm going to skip out on buying myself one of the crystal cases from BestBuy for sure, and get one of these.

Where do you get this "Hori Padded Case" or similar Padded Cases? My PSP keeps falling as the shorts I'm currently wearing (New shorts I bought) have awkward pockets and the PSP often falls out :[

Btw does anyone know of an ideal strap or some other sort of clip or whatnot that I can use on my pants (preferred clip) that won't have it bouncing around, but also keeps my pockets free? :0

I bought my Hori pack at Frys, but here is the package. The only good thing in there was the case. I already discussed the screen protector. The headphones have a big volume control on them that I found annoying. (I removed it and just spliced/soldered wires together.) The screen cleaner is useless with the BSE installed, as the BSE resists fingerprints.

HRIUHPP214.jpg

I can't help you on your PSP clip problem; the padded cases that come with clips aren't great. The clips have a tendency to break off.

I'll take some pics of the BSE tonight at different angles to show you how it looks. Shyn's pics are too dark.

IBNobody

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Here are my pics.

---
Look at the LCD edge. The BSE molds itself right over the bordering crevices. On a Hori, you'd see the ugly edge of the protector.

You can also see the cut-out for the 4 main buttons, the speaker hole, and START/SELECT.

f%20006.jpg

---

Here is another pic. You can see that I trimmed off part of the protector over the PSP logo. I probably could have made it stick. The important trimming I did was along the left and right edges of the PSP, which you can't tell in the pic.

f%20010.jpg

---

You can see the mottled texture of the skin in this pic. It is not smooth. See how it breaks up the reflection?

You don't notice it unless you have something reflecting off it.

004.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: updated ship of harkinian, gonna install some hd texture pack