Blizzard All-Stars Is Now "Heroes of the Storm"

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Once upon a time, Defense of the Ancients was a lowly little mod for Blizzard's wildly popular Warcraft III. Defense of the Ancients, or Dota if you were you were cool, was the little mod that could, however; it created an entirely new genres, with games like League of Le Gents and (of course) Dota 2 now dominating much of the gaming scene.

This is all well and good... unless you're Blizzard, that is. See, while Blizzard's game provided the platform for the very first MOBA, they're not getting anything from it. Blizzard wasn't even able to keep the "Dota" name for themselves.

So, like any disgruntled ex, Blizzard's been working on its own project, desperate to prove that it's totally a million times better than whatever hussies you've been spending time with. There's been a few bumps along the way, however, and now they need to come up with a name. Also, I'm starting to realize that very few people can relate to this analogy and that I should probably just cut to the article bef-

Last month, Blizzard filed a trademark application for a game called Heroes of the Storm. At the time, we had very little information about what Blizzard was planning to do with the title, and if I'm being honest, we still don't know much. However, we can finally stop speculating about an announced game, or a World of Warcraft expansion. Heroes of the Storm is simply the rebranded title for Blizzard All-Stars.

"Yep, we've changed it again," reads trailer's YouTube description. Blizzard All-Stars, which was formerly called Blizzard DOTA when it was announced in 2010, is a free-to-play MOBA in the same vein as League of Legends. Players will take control of their favorite heroes from the Warcraft, Diablo, and StarCraft franchises.
:arrow:The Escapist

"They made a MOBA, they're fightin' Dota now with HotS, HotS, HotS!"

If you want any actual details on the game besides a name and a cute Youtube animation, well, you're going to have to wait just a little longer for BlizzCon. That's November 8-9th, in case you were wondering. I mean, you probably weren't, but I'm just covering my bases.

Now, I don't know much about Blizzard or MOBAs, but I think I speak for everyone when I say, [insert your response here].

Reactions: T Link7

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
So now we won't be able to talk about HotS anymore. Blizzard just created another one causing confusion :<

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Welp