you fight like a dairy farmer
OP
Trophies
Website
www.wabsta.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
I wonder, is there are real phobia for this?
If there is, I have it.

A year ago, when I was 17 years old, I was afraid, afraid of getting old, it was like "AMAGAD IM ALMOST 18 AND THEN IM AT LEGAL AGE AND ALMOST A GROWNUP AMGAMGAMG".
This suddenly went away, prolly because being 18 years old brings a lot of advantage's in the Netherlands.

But whenever I start thinking about when I'm really grownup, when I'm done with my studies, etc.. I tend to panic.
I don't want a boring life that is like "Get up at 7, be at work at 8, go home at 5, eat, sleep, repeat".
Well, that would be fun if it's at a place I don't know. I hate the people in holland, I hate the dutch culture, I hate the dutch weather, etc.
Ofcourse, I'm still a student, and I got all the time of the world to travel, study in foreign country's, etc.
But when I'm not a student anymore.. *shivers*

Since a few years I got a dream of living in Japan once (inb4 weaboo or something).
Not because I like animé that much.. But I'm really fond of the culture there. Even though I have never been there.

But then there's the problem that my GF isn't going to move with me if I ever choose to live in Japan.
And is there even work for me in japan as application engineer?

Or maybe a life full of traveling, that would be fun.
I mean, ANYTHING but a normal life with normal boring stuff.

Anyone else has this problem? And are there people on this forum that travel a lot, or who moved to another country for work/private reasons?

nugundam0079

Prime Сasual Dating - Verified Women
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
sounds like my freakin summer-I used to travel with my folks when i was younger..but college life took over.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heh, at first glance, I thought the title said Bonglife-Phobia and I was like WTF and had to look again.
rofl.gif

It sounds like you need to get into something like the stock market or real estate or something so you can be your own boss and most of the time you could do nothing and still collect money (dividends, rent money). You could party/travel (whatever) all the time and have your employees do all the work for you. Of course, you'll need to have some money to start with to do that though.

Cermage

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
you don't want to have a boring life? get involved and get connections - make friends. i'd hate to have a 9-5 job and do that for 40+ years, heck i'm pretty sure most do. no one is going to simply come along and make your life interesting, you need to make the effort and do so. maybe its just me being naive/dreamy eyed, but i'm not going to fold over and spend the rest of my life as another drone (no offense to any of the older guys who are content with their current job). I understand that at one stage, i'll have to settle down but i don't intend for that to happen for a long while yet. and the only way i can see that happening in my current position is to get active, meet people and make connections.

@rayder; at first i thought it said bonglife too, read the contents and thought how does bongs relate to this blog any.

scrtmstr

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
you're young mate, don't think about the future
smile.gif

i'd also hate having a 9-5 job, and do nothing besides. My dad is one of those people, and i'd hate to have his life. He's hardly home.
just make friends all over the country, and you'll be fine. You can have a part-time job for example, and then spend the weekends and free time with friends in Limburg or Zeeland or whatever. That's the advantage of such a small country, you're everywhere quick.
I can understand that you want to leave the Netherlands. It's not the best country in the world. Isn't it possible to study in japan for a couple of months? The brother of a friend of mine studied 3 months in Japan, and has returned recently. You get in touch with the culture, get used to living there and you'll be more confident with your decision later on.

Wabsta

you fight like a dairy farmer
OP
Trophies
Website
www.wabsta.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
scrtmstr said:
you're young mate, don't think about the future
smile.gif

i'd also hate having a 9-5 job, and do nothing besides. My dad is one of those people, and i'd hate to have his life. He's hardly home.
just make friends all over the country, and you'll be fine. You can have a part-time job for example, and then spend the weekends and free time with friends in Limburg or Zeeland or whatever. That's the advantage of such a small country, you're everywhere quick.
I can understand that you want to leave the Netherlands. It's not the best country in the world. Isn't it possible to study in japan for a couple of months? The brother of a friend of mine studied 3 months in Japan, and has returned recently. You get in touch with the culture, get used to living there and you'll be more confident with your decision later on.
Hmmm yea, you're probably right..
And, I kinda have friends all over the the country, but still, it's "just" the netherlands..

And yea, friend of mine is gonna study a year in Japan, I'll probably do that too, somewhere in the near future.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I might download rayman revolution for my ps3