Can we run Wii games with Gamepad from SD card?

depaul

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi. I didn't follow the WiiU scene lately. I remember there was a tool to convert Wii ISO/WBFS to WiiU installable format and run them with Gamepad from USB storage (not all Wii games are compatible though).

Is there some new method to run Wii games from SD card, and using Gamepad?

Thanks

Jayinem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A little bit of a complicated answer. You can see the Wii games on the Wii U Pad but you still have the use the Wiimote unless you inject them with TeconMoon's Wii U VC Injector and choose to play with gamepad option, but it only works on certain Wii games that allowed gamepad support. But if you didn't make an injection like that you cannot use gamepad for Wii games at all.

So the answer is for some Wii games yes some no, and only if you create an injection and install it to your Wii U. You can't just use a Wii hard drive with Wii games and do it.

So as far as your question about running them from sd card the answer is no because you have to convert them to a Wii U VC inject and those have to be installed on Wii U internal or external hard drive. You can't play Wii U games from sd card or at least not injections.

Reactions: depaul

depaul

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thank you @Jayinem, that's what I remember.
So the only way now to control Wii game using Gamepad is to run them from USB, using teconmoon's injection tool.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Soi soi soi rofl rofl rofl