Hacking Can't import a save in a rom with SaveDataFiler...

Scorchy

Wanderer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello, I had to format my Gateway Mini SD Card where I had my games because it was corrupted and lost a rom I had of Super Smash Bros but I exported the save with SaveDataFiler before formatting and backed up the .sav from my SD Card too. Then, I redownloaded the game from another source and imported a new private header on it (the header I imported is different from the one in my last rom before the format), and then I mounted the rom in my 3DS and imported my save backup through SaveDataFiler. But the problem now is that everytime I open the game it says my save is corrupted and it recreates new save data, but my save was working just fine when I did the back up just before formatting.

Anyway, is there any way I can fix this? I still have the geniune .sav file that was not corrupted but which came from my last rom that had a different header which can explain why it's not reconized anymore. I also have the SaveDataFiler save data that I exported too. How can I do to recover my save? I'm a bit confused because there's the SDF save and the .sav which are not the same file but are virtually the same thing...

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hello, I had to format my Gateway Mini SD Card where I had my games because it was corrupted and lost a rom I had of Super Smash Bros but I exported the save with SaveDataFiler before formatting and backed up the .sav from my SD Card too. Then, I redownloaded the game from another source and imported a new private header on it (the header I imported is different from the one in my last rom before the format), and then I mounted the rom in my 3DS and imported my save backup through SaveDataFiler. But the problem now is that everytime I open the game it says my save is corrupted and it recreates new save data, but my save was working just fine when I did the back up just before formatting.

Anyway, is there any way I can fix this? I still have the geniune .sav file that was not corrupted but which came from my last rom that had a different header which can explain why it's not reconized anymore. I also have the SaveDataFiler save data that I exported too. How can I do to recover my save? I'm a bit confused because there's the SDF save and the .sav which are not the same file but are virtually the same thing...
Yeah, you'll need to delete the secure value using SDF before restoring your save or it will always be flagged as corrupted.

Edit: Also, ensure you're using the latest Gateway launcher. Importing/exporting using SDF was broken for a while and was only fixed in the latest update.

Last edited by Zidapi,
Reactions: NekoMichi

Scorchy

Wanderer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah, you'll need to delete the secure value using SDF before restoring your save or it will always be flagged as corrupted.

Edit: Also, ensure you're using the latest Gateway launcher. Importing/exporting using SDF was broken for a while and was only fixed in the latest update.
I see, so I need to delete the file named something like ''0000edf'' from the first tab of SDF, that's the secure value right? Do I need to mount the rom to do it or can I do it directly? And also, since the game created new save data on the sd card because last one was corrupted, do I need to copy my .sav backup back on SD Card or will SDF do everything for me?

Last edited by Scorchy,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AngryCinnabon @ AngryCinnabon: anything that offers trump an opportunity to become an actual dictator is bad in my book, i...