Chrono Trigger DS bottom screen pic and Japan date

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The first official pic of how the bottom screen will appear in battle has been shown:

72551020080904_211638_1_big.jpg

The full scan:
72551020080904_211638_0_big.jpg

It's discolored, but it gives you the general idea. Beside the pic, you see the single screen mode. Square-Enix reps at E3 confirmed that the original single-screen mode will be included to satisfy purists. So in all honesty, you can play this game EXACTLY as it was originally supposed to be played if you want!
yaynds.gif

The official release date for Japan has also been announced too: November 27. That's 3 days AFTER the US date!
blink.gif

Source:
http://www.gamekyo.com/news28840_chrono-tr...e-in-japan.html

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DieForIt said:
If it's out, someone must make a translation , when is the release dat?
No one will translate it because it's out in the US FIRST. November 24 is the US date. It's going to have a new translation. The Japanese version will retain the same dialog (I compared a DS and SNES screen), but the US version will have a new remastered localization ala the GBA/DS Final Fantasies.
yaynds.gif

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cannot wait. Thanks for the info!

EDIT:
So, will the bottom (or top?) screen actually be turned OFF in single screen mode? Save on battery life a little? That would be pretty rad. (doubt it. but still, nice idea...)

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WildWon said:
Cannot wait. Thanks for the info!

EDIT:
So, will the bottom (or top?) screen actually be turned OFF in single screen mode? Save on battery life a little? That would be pretty rad. (doubt it. but still, nice idea...)
I guess so. I don't have any clue how they will handle the bottom screen when playing single-screen mode.

Ferrariman

Hip-Flop and cRap
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This looks great!....

But, I'm like 12 hours in to the SNES version on EMU...

Looks like I will try it after it gets released, unless by magic someone makes a SNES CT to DS CT save converter... (Dreams)

kikuchiyo

大阪に生まれた男
Trophies
Website
coin-battle.com
XP
Country
United States
Played the SNES version in English, looking forward to playing the DS version in Japanese, even if I have to wait three days longer than you guys.

Ah well, I got Namco X Capcom and Front Mission 5
tongue.gif

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
I wonder if it's actually a straight port or not...

Would be nice if they put the cut content back in (Such as some of the areas and music).

weiff

Trophies
XP
Country
The chances of getting removed content = slim.
The chances of getting content no one asked for or wanted = win.
The chances that everyone will end up playing it anyway = ?
This post = profit.

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
weiff said:
The chances of getting removed content = slim.
The chances of getting content no one asked for or wanted = win.
The chances that everyone will end up playing it anyway = ?
This post = profit.

Funny thing is, a lot of the removed music was still in the ROM file.

Would be extreme if a few of the cut areas were put in though (Although, wasn't there a mention of a bonus dungeon or something?).

I can dream.

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Aha, so the single screen mode the representative at E3 spoke of has been confirmed. As of E3 it was only a possibility.

Law said:
I wonder if it's actually a straight port or not...

Would be nice if they put the cut content back in (Such as some of the areas and music).
It's not a straight port, but it is an enhanced port. That is to say all of the features and content of the original, plus all of the PS1 exclusive features, and finally DS exclusive features such as an arena mode and new in-game content. Oh, plus a corrected translation. So it's more like... Chrono Trigger Plus.

As for the content that was taken out of the pre-release version back in the day, that doesn't amount to much. A couple of songs, and an area called Singing Mountain, etc. I would like to point out though, that in the Final Fantasy Advance enhanced ports (which were done by the same group) they always re-instated some or all of the cut content. So it's not farfetched to assume we will see those songs and singing mountain.

QUOTE(Law @ Aug 31 2008, 04:27 AM) Would be extreme if a few of the cut areas were put in though (Although, wasn't there a mention of a bonus dungeon or something?).

I can dream.
The first press release stated it as a bonus dungeon. The latest press release states it as bonus dungeons.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: You hater.