Hacking Cios rev20 will come in September if Spain loses

panmusic

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Thanks for your answers!I hope we won't wait too much...
wink.gif

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
D34DL1N3R said:
yatesl said:
*Furiously burns Metroid to a DVD*

I clearly remember playing the trilogy from disc and it working 100%. Menus, difficulty level, and everything else.
No idea which cIOS version or NeoGamma version I was using at the time.

You need to replace the IOS the game wants with a cIOS. It's IOS53 or 55 i think.

QUOTE(D34DL1N3R @ Jul 23 2010, 12:48 AM)
Soft.

Edit: If I remember correctly I had patched the iso to 249 prior to burning. I may be wrong though, but I'm pretty sure that's what I did.

This should result in a 002 error after loading the episode you want. I'm not sure if Wanin's IOS Reload block fixes 002 error, or if loader can be changed to get rif of 002 error on IOS Reloading 002 games.

But it didn't cause an 002 error. It worked flawlessly.
I am now going to dig out the disc, check what it is patched to, and try playing with the latest cIOSx and NeoGamma.

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You guys are going to have to keep me updated on the stream, I'm totally working during that time
frown.gif

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I checked my MPT disc with IOS Patcher 1.1 and can confirm it was patched to 249. I tested it with cIOSx r19 w/ 57 base and NeoGamma r9b30....
All 3 games work perfectly with no alt dol method including multiplayer. 420p setting also works fine, as well as the normal/veteran selection.
No 002 error at all.

No idea why anyone would say it doesn't work, as it has ever since I first posted it as working simply by patching it to 249 just short of a year ago.

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It was being streamed live. You had to be on at the right time to watch it. I'm surprised no one gave a re-cap of what had happened for all of us who missed it
happy.gif

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Zetta_x said:
It was being streamed live. You had to be on at the right time to watch it. I'm surprised no one gave a re-cap of what had happened for all of us who missed it
happy.gif
Because there's nothing to tell, and it was a night of fail, imo.

But for the Noobs that still think rev20 is "Da Shitzs and the next big step", here's a recap, to destroy your hopes
tongue.gif
:

1) The Stream was pink (inverted colours), sometimes distorted and pixelated, you couldn't read anything (why is unknown, probably a Flash/Hardware-Fail).
2) NAND-Emu (for saves, etc.) was shown, but with no actual proof that it worked.
3) Sam & Max was shown working from the DVD (with the new Block IOS Reload).
4) Triiforce MRC was shown, although Wanin hadn't any games, so all you saw was an empty menu.
4) The Easter Egg was shown, although I didn't get and saw anything, besides a Matrix-Animation (which didn't seem to be the whole Easter Egg).
5) Waninkoko showed himself (masked), although he lost his masquerade for a moment, creating panic on his side.

That's it. IMO, r20 seems to be a nice, stable rev, but not the big step forward (regarding USB+IOS Reload). It may be a big Step forward for the (dying group of) Disc-Users (and making DARKCORP nearly obsolete), and it was for shure a lot of work to get it to work (and I respect Wanin for this, really), though, for me (and probably for all other USB-Loader Users), it's more a Bug-Fixing Release, and not "more".

BTW: I'm still looking forward to a stable rev, and thank Wanin for all the hard work
smile.gif

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
But I liked the pink! Also about when Wanni lost the mask... I still keeps thinking that Nintendo viewed his stream and press the printscreen button like hell.

So the stream wasn't that intresting but still, he showed us that it existed
wink.gif

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
If...

2) NAND-Emu (for saves, etc.) was shown, but with no actual proof that it worked.

That means Disc based game saves then it's a great thing imho, but as Hermes already managed this with uLoader then it's not as epic as it could have been, also it depends what loaders will support it.

Also will it change some illegal characters on-the-fly for games that have an illegal (in FAT/NTFS) characters ? Harry Potter games for example have a colon (
smile.gif
in them so the saves are a pita and need extra attention. I cant remember the others but there are a few more.
Afaik SNEEK/UNEEK still hasn't fixed this so can't declare 100% compatibility with saves and WiiWare that have these characters in file names...well yet.

Anyway, I think it's great from wanin
biggrin.gif

I remember a while ago he was quitting with the wii and I'm glad he has added some more work to his portfolio.

The IOS reload fixed on discs is great, and I think it WILL be doable on USB but we all have a long, long wait for that.

waninkoko

Trophies
XP
Country
Slimmmmmm said:
Also will it change some illegal characters on-the-fly for games that have an illegal (in FAT/NTFS) characters ? Harry Potter games for example have a colon (
smile.gif
in them so the saves are a pita and need extra attention. I cant remember the others but there are a few more.
Afaik SNEEK/UNEEK still hasn't fixed this so can't declare 100% compatibility with saves and WiiWare that have these characters in file names...well yet.

I have a way to change on-the-fly FAT illegal characters and at the moment it didn't give me any problems.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
waninkoko said:
Slimmmmmm said:
smile.gif

I have a way to change on-the-fly FAT illegal characters and at the moment it didn't give me any problems.

Some documentation on this would be nice, so that nand dumpers can follow your naming.

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
waninkoko said:
Slimmmmmm said:
smile.gif

I thought you would have sorted that as I'm sure we spoke about it a long, long time ago.

Great stuff
biggrin.gif

QUOTE(WiiPower @ Jul 25 2010, 11:40 AM)
Some documentation on this would be nice, so that nand dumpers can follow your naming.

I agree it would be nice to know what the ... / ? < > \ : * | ” become, but patience is the key as we can all see once you release anyway.

the BIG question on my mind now is ...... WHAT NEXT ! ! ! I know IOS reloads on USB are gonna be a holy grail for some time, so what does wanin do next ... hmmm

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/FdYTKAVSsXY?si=9E-2AU0JN-4hRZi3