Homebrew Community Project: Content Network

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like a very ambitious project, but a very cool one at that. I'd use it if it was made.

Quick suggestion: for the compression, look into DSCompress, as it contains code for extracting GZIP files on the DS itself. Also look into Tuna-viDS for mp3 playback, as that manages to playback mp3 files on the ARM7 alone, leaving the more powerful ARM9 available for other tasks (though if the sole purpose is to playback mp3 files then you'd probably want to use something else that can handle higher bitrates)

Tapper

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll keep those suggestions in mind, I appreciate it.

I'm not sure how concerned I am about offloading the MP3 playback for other tasks, because I planned on the MP3 playback being a 'full screen' type of thing, but now that you suggested unloading the MP3 process, it got me thinking. If handled properly, you could start an MP3 playing and then drop into the image viewer or something, while the music is still playing.

It'd be tricky to juggle everything, but I suspect if it's coded carefully the DS could still handle the file downloading, background MP3 playback and other misc content viewing all at once.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol