Hacking Configurable USB Loader

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Wow you screw something up in the v8 oggzee, you see I'm playing (finally) "Metroid Prime 3: Corruption" and it was working fine till v6 (didn't even see v7), but now I tryed v8 just to see the new options and stuff, and it looks like the first leaked ISO Loader from Waninkoko, like two stripes in the Top and bottom of the screen, hope you know where the problem is, and I'll check more games to see if this last version screw something else, thanks BTW for this great (modification of) loader...!!!
biggrin.gif

EDIT: Well it got fixed by changing his video option to GAME instead of SYSTEM, but still weird cause I always had that options setted for all the games......well thank you for coding the settings-per-game thing..!!
smile.gif

P.S. Not an important post I wrote, eh..?
tongue.gif

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
stev418 said:
Anyone have a background to go with the new 'buttons = OPTIONS' ?
smile.gif

I'd like to see that as well.
Something simple, that has:

A Start
1 Options / B Back
+ Install / - Remove

Can someone try making one?
smile.gif

Cypherdias

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love this loader.
smile.gif
And it's getting better and better. Just keep on the fantastic work!

I only have issues with mounting my USB device sometimes. When switching on my HDD (has it's own power supply) while the loader waits for the USB device, it doesn't find the drive at all, which ends in a reboot for me after the 30 sec countdown is finished.

Even if the drive is already running when starting your loader, it doesn't find it sometimes. For example: HBC->USB-Loader->start game X, closed game -> HBC -> USB Loader -> startet game Y, closed it as well, HBC -> USB-Loader -> can't find HDD - WTF!? Nothing was switched off, nothing was changed.

Had no problems like these with another loader that had that kind of countdown, which I used before finding your cfg-loader.

One time I got a black screen freeze when starting the loader, but only once, it never happened again until now.

Only some small issues, 'cause most times everything works well. But maybe they can be fixed anyway, to make it even more "perfect".

MadBob

Nostalgia ain't what it used to be!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
One thing missing is a variable to set the number of games skipped in the menu when using left right.

I would prefer 5 games for each step not top to bottom of the screen.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
New version is here, with a new background and other minor improvements, many of which were suggested also here.

cfg v9:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/jtozzuzrwzu/...Loader_cfg9.zip
Changes:
- new set of backgrounds to match the new buttons=options mode
- option: layout=large3 to match the new backgrounds
- automatically set number of entries per page
and number of characters from the console size
- buttons=options_B for alternative button layout (press B to enter options menu)
- option: layout=ultimate3 to match WiiShiza backgrounds from ultimate V 3-7
note: ultimate 7 background use in combination with buttons=options_B
- options to control the look of main menu:
option: hide_header = [0],1
option: hide_hddinfo = [0],1
option: hide_hfooter = [0],1
- included titles.txt from: http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/index.php/USB_Loader_titles.txt
- cleaned up the sample config files to match the sample backgrounds
- remove confirmation for Ocarina, since it is configurable
- fixed display of titles longer than console
- fixed a crash with odd x coordinates
- other minor fixes

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
This is the new default look:

sauyab.jpg

Nothing special, just modified the old one to match the button assignments...
If anyone makes one with the button 1 for options, please share.
smile.gif

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
evvil said:
stev418 said:
Anyone have a background to go with the new 'buttons = OPTIONS' ?
smile.gif

I updated mine really quick, if you don't like it then tough
tongue.gif
I'm working on a new one from the ground up using custom locations and colors, Im really just waiting until they figure out this 16x9 thing so I dont have to start over again (need to make 16x9 first then 4x3)

Use layout = ultimate2

evvil: Thanks!
smile.gif

hungyip84

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oggzee said:
This is the new default look:

sauyab.jpg

Nothing special, just modified the old one to match the button assignments...
If anyone makes one with the button 1 for options, please share.
smile.gif

I love this background.

You really did an awesome job =) Keep up!

steve-p

Trophies
XP
Country
i got a couple of ideas for use with the titles.txt
not sure how easy it would be.

1: different coloured text in the console to indicate the games region - based on the 4th letter of it's i.d.
this will be handy for keeping 2 regions of the same game or keeping track of what's gonna need a different video-mode.

2: flag some games as "favourites" somehow, so that they show at the top of the list.
probably by having a favoutites.ini file with the i.d.'s in, but there are probably other ways.

infact, that first one, it would be good to be able to set the text colour anyway to match nicely with the background skins.
smile.gif

Knocks

Trophies
XP
Country
oggzee said:
Knocks said:
Code:
# language = [console], Japanese, English, German, French, Spanish,
#ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂItalian, Dutch, S.Chinese, T.Chinese, Korean

No game default option for language?

What would "game default" option be?
As I understand it, the game uses the console default language, and with this setting you can override the console language, so by leaving this setting to console would be the same as just running the game normally..
Let me know if there's more to it...?

Aren't "game default" and "console default" different? They are for video, right? Take for example DK Jungle Beat (J)--if you launch it on a U.S. console with system default language options, it should crash because the game doesn't like to be forced into English. If the flag is not present in the ISO, we could always make a fake one (i.e. always Japanese for XXXJ games, always English for XXXE/P). But I think it might be in the game already.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Knocks said:
oggzee said:
Knocks said:
Code:
# language = [console], Japanese, English, German, French, Spanish,
#ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂItalian, Dutch, S.Chinese, T.Chinese, Korean

No game default option for language?

What would "game default" option be?
As I understand it, the game uses the console default language, and with this setting you can override the console language, so by leaving this setting to console would be the same as just running the game normally..
Let me know if there's more to it...?

Aren't "game default" and "console default" different? They are for video, right? Take for example DK Jungle Beat (J)--if you launch it on a U.S. console with system default language options, it should crash because the game doesn't like to be forced into English. If the flag is not present in the ISO, we could always make a fake one (i.e. always Japanese for XXXJ games, always English for XXXE/P). But I think it might be in the game already.

and that's where the "Settings-Per-Game" function comes handy, try it out and let us all know how well did it go, remeber that a Game doesn't have a "Default" language, European region games have 5 languages, American region games have only 3, Japanese region games have also 3 (I think), so they take the language that is setted in the console...!!!
wink.gif

Knocks

Trophies
XP
Country
ether2802 said:
and that's where the "Settings-Per-Game" function comes handy, try it out and let us all know how well did it go, remeber that a Game doesn't have a "Default" language, European region games have 5 languages, American region games have only 3, Japanese region games have also 3 (I think), so they take the language that is setted in the console...!!!
wink.gif

I am not convinced that there isn't such a flag. At least one of the early USB Loader versions that I've tried (don't remember from which thread) did launch all Japanese games in Japanese on my U.S. console, with proper fonts and everything, no garbled characters. Others, like Waninkoko's original or 1.1 crashed Donkey Kong and displayed mojibake letters for other games.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
If I set japanese language in japanese games (and in some even without setting it) the characters aren't garbled at all, remember that this kind of issue has been only reported in 2 games:

Donkey Kong Jungle Beat
PIKMIN1 for Wii

and hence you can just set in the configurations to launch this games with japanese language, I really don't think it is an issue, unless we get to the point where we can run games in the USB device straight from the Disc Channel, cause the Disc Channel doesn't have any options/settings at all...!!
wink.gif

Knocks

Trophies
XP
Country
And I'm telling you that I was able to get it to work without touching any settings, which implies there is a "game default" language setting. You don't play a lot of Japanese games if you think this is only an issue in two games.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
That's because I can't read japanese
rofl.gif
, seriously, save the setting per game and forget about changing options everytime you launch a game..!!

maybe the launcher you used had a language DETECTION, wich it doesn't actually make it a "game default" language, wich would be the default language for a NTSC-U region game having more hispanic speakers in America...??? English.? Spanish.? French..??

Knocks

Trophies
XP
Country
No me importa cuántos hispanos hay en América. I want my Japanese games to launch properly without fudging with them.
wink.gif

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Save the japanese language in those games, it will only be needed one time to do so, and then you can forget about fudging with them, and the correct answer was: more than half of the continent...!!
laugh.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AngryCinnabon @ AngryCinnabon: anything that offers trump an opportunity to become an actual dictator is bad in my book, i...