Hacking Configurable USB Loader

wiiztec

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AXYPB said:
I got a particularly nasty codedump trying to use the new GUI; half of the output is covered by garbage data. Not only does half of my game list get scrambled when I exit it, but I can't read any of what looks like text on the bottom of the screen. It flows out of the overscan on my screen.

This is my config.txt if it helps:
Code:
background = background_l.png
buttons=options_B
layout = large
covers = 0
simple = 0
video = system
ocarina = 0
home = reboot
confirm_start = 0
device = usb
console_coords = 41,38,558,404
console_transparent = 1

I'm not exactly sure but it might be that you have game covers disabled which kinda destroys the point of the GUI anyways

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Narolez said:
I can test it oggzee.

sending..

QUOTE(wiiztec @ May 22 2009, 12:53 AM) I tested it and the loader times out before it's able to mount the harddrive

the v30 does not yet support ios222 properly, I'm talking about the next version I'm currently working at.
I'll send it to you as well.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
AXYPB said:
I got a particularly nasty codedump trying to use the new GUI; half of the output is covered by garbage data. Not only does half of my game list get scrambled when I exit it, but I can't read any of what looks like text on the bottom of the screen. It flows out of the overscan on my screen.

This is my config.txt if it helps:

Weird stuff :s
I tried your config and it works fine for me.
Can you make a photo of the code dump and send it to me ([email protected])
Also, can you tell me, what video mode is your wii configured for in the system menu? 480p? 576i? widescreen?

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
wiiztec said:
I'm not exactly sure but it might be that you have game covers disabled which kinda destroys the point of the GUI anyways

Well, actually the covers will be disabled only in console mode, they will be shown in gui mode no matter what is the cover setting.
Although in this case a funny thing will happen - when changing back from gui to console mode the cover will be drawn anyway
tongue.gif

I need to handle that as well...

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
OggZee if you can make run with kwiirk Ios222 and hermes ios223 this way it's better range of testing , and I have it all installed on 4.0u and 3.2u that I use for testing
wink.gif
and will be glad to beta test future work of yours
wink.gif
peace ( note : very busy at work for the moment but I'll have the wad ready dor you by the weekend
wink.gif
) .

syn13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
amazing app, thanks!

but i'm currently having 2 problems with it. firstly i can't get the theme to save when i change it in the config file? so for example i change it to the theme "stars" in the config and when i load it up, it loads up the default but it says stars in the changing theme part in the gui. secondly i can't quite get the music to work, i've added music =1 to both the global and app configs and even put the file name but it won't play?

anyway help on my problems would be great thanks! keep up the good work
wink.gif

GolfDude

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how exactly do i get the music option to work, is it

music = 1 music.mp3

in the config file, or am i missing something in that line b/c its not playign my mp3 using that line as i wrote above..

nvm. got it working now

musicman61554

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For golfdude, i have had the same issue since day 1 once music was enabled. I have had mp3 and mod files all with no tags whatsoever, small files big files and I still cant get them to work.

charroux

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Best loader imho & the new GUI is really great too.

Is it just me, or are these bugs (v30):
(1) gui=1 is incompatible with buttons=options_B since B only toggles the GUI and never the config menu the way options_B should (also the footer shows that B is for config)
(2) hide_footer=1 doesn't hide the footer
(3) confirm_start=0 doesn't work (always asks for confirmation even with ocarina=0)
(4) no way to save selected theme as default via menu (as mentioned by many others)

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
GolfDude said:
how exactly do i get the music option to work, is it

music = 1 music.mp3

in the config file, or am i missing something in that line b/c its not playign my mp3 using that line as i wrote above..

nvm. got it working now

No, it's either:

music = 1
or
music = music.mp3

But it does (almost) the same thing. The only difference is that by using music = 1 it will first look for music.mp3 and if not found it will also look for music.mod

But I guess you made it to work now..
smile.gif

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
charroux said:

(1) gui=1 is incompatible with buttons=options_B since B only toggles the GUI and never the config menu the way options_B should (also the footer shows that B is for config)
(3) confirm_start=0 doesn't work (always asks for confirmation even with ocarina=0)
(4) no way to save selected theme as default via menu (as mentioned by many others)

1) true. I guess I could add an option to remap GUI button as well, to maybe 1 or 2, but to me it seems impractical pressing 1 or 2 to enter gui mode, or not? And if you disable gui, then options_B still works.

2) all theme related options must come after setting the theme, because a theme redefines all theme related options. (see readme-cfg.txt which options are theme related.)

So instead of writing this in config.txt:

hide_footer = 1
theme = Wolf_3D

Use this:

theme = Wolf_3D
hide_footer = 1

to over-ride theme options.

3) not sure why that doesn't work for you, it works for me fine... which location for config.txt are you using, sd:/usb-loader or sd:/apps/USBLoader ?

4) true, it doesn't save the selected theme. I never said it would, but I agree that would be useful, so I'll probably add that sometime.

Jodiskett

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
charroux said:

maybe you must add a space before and after =
confirm_start = 0 and not confirm_start=0

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Jodiskett said:
maybe you must add a space before and after =
confirm_start = 0 and not confirm_start=0

No. Spaces are ignored, so it doesn't matter, both forms are ok!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/FdYTKAVSsXY?si=9E-2AU0JN-4hRZi3