Status
Not open for further replies.

cdreams

Trophies
Website
www.shaunpauljohnston.com
XP
Country
I'm looking forward to this too. I think if it gets working properly then Don could include the source in Coverflow7 and we would have the ultimate loader purely on aesthetics
biggrin.gif

Not sure if it's going to happen though so fingers crossed.

just glad someone's moving this idea along and it's got Don and others who are pushing for this style working and trying to solve any issues.

Now that is what gbatemp should be all about.

gitkua

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
@cdreams, dude, why "include" it in coverflow7? This is a real coverflow loader... there's no need to include it in ANOTHER coverflow project. This is a project in its own.

cdreams

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Maybe your not understanding what I mean. I want this loader because it has the movement and loads the way we always hoped the Coverflow7 would eventually. However the loader as it is is just on a plain black background. I personally would like to see it on the backgrounds I made. i think it would make it look a lot better.

That's just my opinion though. So like I say if the functionality of the moving loader can be added to Coverflow7, then it would be exactly what we had been aiming towards. Surely that makes sense.

gitkua

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
The graphics on this loader are being worked on, by me as a matter of fact. It's not gonna be "just" a plain black background... it's gonna be totally frikkin' awesome.

Davedom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The problem i see arising is when someone has a VERY large amount of games
memory issues....
especially if you to make them boxes instead of flat images

usptactical

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HAHA! Looks like I was a couple days behind you on a CoverFlow loader. I got the coverflow working, I just need to integrate it into an existing loader. My plan was to make it so that you can pick a GUI in the settings (coverflow, 2D old-school, carousel, etc) and it will load whatever.

Looks great! I guess I should've looked into GRRLIB before I started coding since I'm doing all the GX manipulation myself.
biggrin.gif

cdreams

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
OK gitkua, I never knew someone was working on them. Good to hear it will be worked on.

Can I ask though, why don't you just use the stuff I made and add it to this? Everything is there basically all it needs is the coding to have the coverflow effect load into the centre of the background. Now remember I'm talking about the background without the place-holders like is on Coverflow7.

gitkua

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well... because I think it can be done better then what you guys are doing on coverflow7, not be a bitch or anything, but I just think it can be better...

cdreams

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Anyhoo, this loader will be whatever it is in the end. I'm looking forward to it and I hope you do some fantastic work on the backgrounds.

I like what your talking about usptactitcal though, a loader that allows you to choose the style. It's that kind of attitude that makes the best projects. Give people the options to choose what they want, so well done on how far you have come with it.

Gitkua, are you able to show off anything for the styling of it then since your working on that part?

gitkua

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
that;s up to NullKill/Beardface, just had contact with him on some designs and mockups and made some stuff for him... it's up to him to show off what he wants

cdreams

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
No offence taken, I'm just curious as to how it will look. Your probably right in that more can be done. I was working with Don to get the loader we are working on in a nice clean state and intuitive for the user. Nothing more nothing less.

There are bits I would like to add to it and maybe Don will be up for it still. However if this loader fits those ideas then there will be no need. Now I know that your working on it I am looking forward to seeing what comes of it.

FoGBaV

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hell - all coders - join forces - and do a programm split into frontend /backend ...

I'm sure there is a coding rule on this mentioned in a coding book ...8)

Coders/graphics -> FrontEnd - Modules with Flow/2d/etc ....
hardcore coders -> backend -> functional coding like waninkoko ...

now kill me ...8)

Nullkill

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry; when you're are on the bleeding edge, it can be painful. Stand by for reposted download link, the last one was a bad build.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AV8dBxGdNxk