Hacking Coverflow demo

Liink

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
without filtering through 70 pages of information on this loader...i remember seeing a concept for disc art implementation upon selecting the game to run. Will that ever see the light of day in this loader?
smile.gif

nindim

Trophies
XP
Country
Liink said:
without filtering through 70 pages of information on this loader...i remember seeing a concept for disc art implementation upon selecting the game to run. Will that ever see the light of day in this loader?
smile.gif

That is in usb loader gx and has been for quite some time... I also think coverFloader uses the disc art. I haven't seen it in a while but its implementation fo disc art didn't look great to me, they just kinda popped it out a little from behind the box and it looked too small (this was a while ago though, it may have changed now).

Hibern has said that his plan is not to include any needless animations, or more to the point the animations should never impede game loading. Not sure, but he may see this as getting in the way of what the main focus of the loader is, playing the games (sayinh that though, I would love to see the discs pop out the boxes and spin on the screen once you select it, this would happen before you confirm you actually want to play the game, that way it doesn't slow down loading at all).

dlxowhd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Liink said:
animations should never impede game loading.

i agree with hibern 100% and i hope he never implements disc art features.
if the disc art thingy is an absolute necessity for you, stick with loader gx.

Benjay

Hardstyle Addict
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
it will never be
wink.gif

Hibern has always stated that he wanted the most simple and light loader possible.
So , useless things will never be implemented , such as disc art.

ThaDraGun

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

BBking83

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi there,

I also don't want to read through 70 pages but was wondering if Hibern has only released one demo? The one in the Original Post? I vaugely remember him posting other version but not editing the OP.

Also, might seem like a stupid Q but... What's a forwarder?? It's been mentioned a few times in various USB Loader channel threads.

I'm guessing all the fancy looking loaders are all based on Waninkoko's USB Loader?

alexinna

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BBking83 said:
Also, might seem like a stupid Q but... What's a forwarder?? It's been mentioned a few times in various USB Loader channel threads.
Forwarder is a shortcut to the actual dol. It will execute dol file (from pre-build or configurable location) when pressed.
Big plus comparable to channel is that you can update dol version without touching actual forwarder.

Benjay

Hardstyle Addict
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France

jservs7

Witcher of Whores
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
spayrosam said:
A little preview of my new forwarder

Comments are welcome !
biggrin.gif
I like what you're getting at spay
smile.gif
, but why not just use blank images instead of games everyone might not have? I think it makes more sleek and universal to everyone. Also, the discs seem like they are fading instead of flowing.

Good job though and again, just my 2 cents. Take it as it you'd like.
smile.gif

ThaDraGun

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Benjay said:
Spidy1000 said:

yes , Benjay ^^
thx
wink.gif

@thadragun : it should be possible to launch an app with this forwarder from HDD i think.
we just need to modify the path in the forwarder.

but i'm not sure wiiflow will accept to be launched from HDD , don't know how are set up the paths.

LOL whoops.. I knew that, It did say benjay. I remember thinking the nickname was Ben-Gay (when I first looked at it thats what I thought. sorry. lol) Must have made the typo when i had to edit the post cuz youtube wouldnt work.

How do I modify the path in the forwarder? which program would I use... is is safe? maybe I shouldnt bother if it might brick my wii since I have no idea what Im doing with making forwarders.
I'm pretty sure it does work on HD. I think I had to go through homebrew channel for it to work before tho. (no SD inserted)

Benjay

Hardstyle Addict
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
well , no problem ^^ but i'm not gay =D

you can't modifiy the path of my forwarder , it is hard coded.
But , you can ask Bluescreen81 if he wants to modify it , he owns the sources of it
wink.gif

I'm really not sure wiiflow will work on HDD , because it has to pick files like language.ini or theme.ini and i think these links are hardcoded inside the loader to pick to the SD.

But you can give it a try , it costs nothing
wink.gif

@Spayrosam : good job !!! keep it up !!
btw , i've already seen this font before , oh !!! i remember , it's in my theme ^^

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BigOnYa, i don't have my own money