machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
prowler_ said:
machomuu said:
I completely took his definition in context. I'm more of what he said in his definition than a weeaboo, what part have I ignored? Besides, I think one who loves anime, manga, and video games as much as I do could be considered a basement-dweller, even if I'm not anti-social and actually have a life.
Then you are not an otaku.
Otaku means someone who doesn't have a social life, has no friends other than whatever is on his computer screen, watches anime, reads manga, etc and hardly ever leaves his room/moms basement.
It's an insult and shouldn't be taken/spoken lightly.
Well hey, I'm an ignorant American (who ironically hates ignorance), what can you do? Still beats being a weeaboo.

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Hells Malice said:
Skyline969 said:
tl;dr

Can someone paraphrase?

You can't paraphrase something like this.
That's like asking someone to paraphrase a book. You lazy bastards can't just tl;dr things and expect to get something valid.
Learn to read, and use that power to do so when things require it.

Sure you can paraphrase a book. Ever heard of Coles Notes? I can read, probably a lot better than you, but when something is formatted as horribly as that site and littered with spelling/grammatical mistakes... well, if they don't put effort into writing it, why should I put effort into reading it?

Sora de Eclaune said:
QUOTE(Skyline969 @ Aug 18 2011, 10:46 PM)
tl;dr

Can someone paraphrase?
Various accounts of two batshit insane people who think their past lives were anime/game characters who don't bathe, don't have jobs, buy compulsively, try to suck people into their cult (yes, it's a cult), mooch off of the people they've sucked into the cult (effectively making those people go broke even when they have a job. they suck like 10,000 dollars in less than a week from you, from what I understand), one of the two abuses people mentally and physically, and they're so insane that the cases that do go to the loonybin are much more sane than them.
Was that so hard?
tongue.gif

Thanks. Oh, fanboys/girls... guess there really are extremists in everything.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Skyline969 said:
Hells Malice said:
Skyline969 said:
tl;dr

Can someone paraphrase?

That's like asking someone to paraphrase a book. You lazy bastards can't just tl;dr things and expect to get something valid.
Sure you can paraphrase a book. Ever heard of Coles Notes? I can read, probably a lot better than you, but when something is formatted as horribly as that site and littered with spelling/grammatical mistakes... well, if they don't put effort into writing it, why should I put effort into reading it?
He didn't say you couldn't, he just said it's like paraphasing a book, as in it's difficult, long, and probably not worth it.

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*rubs his forehead*
Gah I can't force myself to read this sort of tripe anymore.
What I get from the pages I did wade through is:
"Young people who have varying degrees of difficulty in understanding the word 'Fantasy'."

We've probably all met people like this before.
Most people have the good sense to back away and say
"Oooooh-kay, you can take your crazy shit over there, and good luck with it!"
Those who lack that sort of good sense get embroiled in drama that nobody can really make sense of by the time the dust settles.

Most fans of FF7 are not like this, but crazy people do seem to gravitate to it a bit more than other games.

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Some of it even goes on to mention that furries aren't even as bad as these people, which is saying something considering that a lot of people think furries act like these wackjobs.

Also notice that those two mostly went after people who had money.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I kinda dont believe http://www.demon-sushi.com/warning/mela.html
I mean, seriously, how would anyone who lived with their mother and desperately wanted out, have 17k with additional access to about 80k

granted, i have no idea what an investment company is or does, but this sounds like a whole lot of money, with or without the idea to open a business... you cant really get 80k for the idea of selling occult items, do you?

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
machomuu said:
Skyline969 said:
Hells Malice said:
Skyline969 said:
tl;dr

Can someone paraphrase?

He didn't say you couldn't, he just said it's like paraphasing a book, as in it's difficult, long, and probably not worth it.
Well, Sora seemed to do a good job in doing so.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Skyline969 said:
machomuu said:
Skyline969 said:
Hells Malice said:
Skyline969 said:
tl;dr

Can someone paraphrase?

Well, Sora seemed to do a good job in doing so.
Okay. Was that supposed to make my post null and void?

Ritsuki

ORAORAORAORA
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
CCNaru said:
What's so screwed up about this?

I don't understand too... Okay, they're a little bit too much into it, but seriously, I've seen much worse. Maybe I haven't read the good ones

stinkoman

Magnificent Bastard
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wish this were a film or comic or something. I feel like there's way more potential for hilarity than is possible with just text here.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ritsuki said:
CCNaru said:
What's so screwed up about this?

I don't understand too... Okay, they're a little bit too much into it, but seriously, I've seen much worse. Maybe I haven't read the good ones

I guess there's nothing screwed up about a small cult like two some of psychopathic adult children who believe they have the spirits of video game characters in them. I guess the whole abuse, emotional and physical, they lay on the people they rope into staying with them, along with forcing the person to give them money (one of them became so desperate that she had to sell her own blood just to get by) is fine, along with some of the other... more disturbing behavior.

Also, they never cleaned or bathed or changed, for months on end, in a hot summer. If that isn't disgusting, I don't know what is.

Are there more disturbing stories out there on Internet? Undoubtedly, but you would have to look past a lot to not see these stories as, at the very least, somewhat screwed up.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ