Hacking Discussion Custom Home Menu themes and edits

PanTheFaun

The Uninspired Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use the last ReiNX build, and you have two options for enable the LayeredFS:

1. Move the file "fs_mitm.kip" from "sysmodules.dis" folder to "sysmodules" manually.
  2. Install the ReiNX toolkit on "switch" folder, open it from homebrew launcher and enable "fs_mitm" on the menu.
I got it to work! Thank you!

Last edited by PanTheFaun,

Chocola

GBAtemp Meowgular
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
The option to enable LayeredFS are here:

iSqIe7Q.jpg

And here the custom theme working fine:
BGdfUkg.jpg

Last edited by Chocola,
Reactions: Witalka_Shelby

Chocola

GBAtemp Meowgular
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
You should place the theme folder inside SDCard/ReiNX/titles/ make sure that you don't repeat the folder name on extract, the final file should be:

SDCard\ReiNX\titles\0100000000001000\romfs\lyt\common.szs

Make sure too that you have the 0kb file:

SDCard\ReiNX\titles\0100000000001000\fsmitm.flag

If still not working definitively are a wrong install on your SDCard, if you use some repack o sdcard startup files, try to install ReiNX from scratch instead use premade sdfolders.

I start using TomGer SDFiles but finally I install Hecate and ReiNX manually after a few of bugs and all it's working as expected now.

Last edited by Chocola,

PanTheFaun

The Uninspired Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You should place the theme folder inside SDCard/ReiNX/titles/ make sure that you don't repeat the folder name on extract, the final file should be:

SDCard\ReiNX\titles\0100000000001000\romfs\lyt\common.szs

Make sure too that you have the 0kb file:

SDCard\ReiNX\titles\0100000000001000\fsmitm.flag

If still not working definitively are a wrong install on your SDCard, if you use some repack o sdcard startup files, try to install ReiNX from scratch instead use premade sdfolders.

I start using TomGer SDFiles but finally I install Hecate and ReiNX manually after a few of bugs and all it's working as expected now.

Haha I finally got it to work. The pokeball theme didn't seem to want to work so I tried another and it finally worked! Thank you again!

XaneTenshi

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
I realize this is still pretty new, but is it possible to create a theme with our own custom backgrounds yet?

I'll be checking out the Discord server shortly to see for myself, but just thought I'd ask. I already have atleast 2 BG's in mind I would absolutely LOVE to use as a theme on my Switch:)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Not as scary as walking in the woods alone, and running into Wario. +1