Not open for further replies.

Joel16

Ils ne passeront pas
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As someone who used to run a Windows Phone 7 styled launcher on an ios themed android rom, I'm all about the customization.
This however, doesn't seem like something I'd have much use for. I tend to spend way less time in the homebrew launcher than I do anywhere else, so I can't see the point in using it.

If you managed to get it running a home menu replacement for emu-nand, that'd be another story.

Also, I love how attached developers get to misleading names like "Cydia3ds","Cyanogen3ds", etc.
It's one thing to take inspiration from something you love. It's another to flat out copy it and rip off the name.

This isn't just a "homebrew launcher". I still have yet to program this so no, how it works is still undetermined, I can't say I'll get it to replace the home menu. Is that even possible?

Anyways I don't see why almost every person here seems to be so damn concerned with name. For peet's sake this has existed for almost a year in more than one PSP forum and not one guy complained about "Oh the name is so misleading", "This is not cyanogen, there is no point in this". Heck not just PSP sites but I posted this on XDA and they even complemented it. This made it to the Dev portal, and not one freaking guy complained about the name. Imagine XDA, a site that's primarily based on Android information didn't complain about it. After XDA posted this, tones of other Android sites posted it including Android headlines.
You call this 'ripping off', no offence but that is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. Do you see me calling this "CyanogenMOD 12 PSP" or CyanogenMOD 11 3DS", now that I understand is misleading. If you want to judge something over it's title then you're (you're - as in all of you concerned about the name) insane. I'm not pointing my fingers just at you, but this goes to everyone who seems to be so concerned about the title rather than what its about. This isn't just some shitty LUA shell, (By this I mean the overuse of LUA for PSP Shells, not 3DS) this is coded in C with almost over 40,000 lines of code.

I'm an android enthusiast, so the rom "CyanogenMOD", inspired me to build this. Jeez if you people are so concerned about the name then I might just forget about porting this over to 3DS. BTW even someone from CyanogenINC posted about this. For non believers I made sure to hunt this post down, and luckily I've found it. https://plus.google.com/+AdnanBegovic/posts/ifo9inKSfyF

dela

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I fully agree with you , here we focus too much on the unimportant things ... Seriously speaking of your project . it would be interesting if this graphic departed without having to cubic ninja or similar . I advise you to look " decrypt9 " and " rxtools " .

Reactions: Sev501 and Joel16

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
For peet's sake this has existed for almost a year in more than one PSP forum and not one guy complained about "Oh the name is so misleading", "This is not cyanogen, there is no point in this". Heck not just PSP sites but I posted this on XDA and they even complemented it.

Welcome to GBATemp.

Be careful of the haemorrhoid sufferers who will quote you, only to let you know they're really mad! >_< !:'( and will be ignoring you.

Have you looked around here?
There's a similar project called "sunshell", similar in that it wants to be a menu type thing on the 3ds.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-sunshell-a-powerfull-shell-for-3ds.382483

edit; i'm not saying don't do it because this exists, I'm saying someone else has done it too, so why not?

Joel16

Ils ne passeront pas
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Welcome to GBATemp.

Be careful of the haemorrhoid sufferers who will quote you, only to let you know they're really mad! >_< !:'( and will be ignoring you.

Have you looked around here?
There's a similar project called "sunshell", similar in that it wants to be a menu type thing on the 3ds.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-sunshell-a-powerfull-shell-for-3ds.382483

edit; i'm not saying don't do it because this exists, I'm saying someone else has done it too, so why not?

Thanks for letting me know what it's like here. My friends were right about this place lol.
Yes I saw it, and no worries I know what you mean. I'm just saying mine is based on a different graphical interface. Not only that, but there are gonna be differences in what he offers with mine. I know he pretty much offers almost everything that I plan to offer here, but there are also other things I plan to offer, in terms of customization and features.

Reactions: Sev501

pastaconsumer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This isn't just a "homebrew launcher". I still have yet to program this so no, how it works is still undetermined, I can't say I'll get it to replace the home menu. Is that even possible?

Anyways I don't see why almost every person here seems to be so damn concerned with name. For peet's sake this has existed for almost a year in more than one PSP forum and not one guy complained about "Oh the name is so misleading", "This is not cyanogen, there is no point in this". Heck not just PSP sites but I posted this on XDA and they even complemented it. This made it to the Dev portal, and not one freaking guy complained about the name. Imagine XDA, a site that's primarily based on Android information didn't complain about it. After XDA posted this, tones of other Android sites posted it including Android headlines.
You call this 'ripping off', no offence but that is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. Do you see me calling this "CyanogenMOD 12 PSP" or CyanogenMOD 11 3DS", now that I understand is misleading. If you want to judge something over it's title then you're (you're - as in all of you concerned about the name) insane. I'm not pointing my fingers just at you, but this goes to everyone who seems to be so concerned about the title rather than what its about. This isn't just some shitty LUA shell, (By this I mean the overuse of LUA for PSP Shells, not 3DS) this is coded in C with almost over 40,000 lines of code.

I'm an android enthusiast, so the rom "CyanogenMOD", inspired me to build this. Jeez if you people are so concerned about the name then I might just forget about porting this over to 3DS. BTW even someone from CyanogenINC posted about this. For non believers I made sure to hunt this post down, and luckily I've found it. https://plus.google.com/ AdnanBegovic/posts/ifo9inKSfyF

Alright, now that I have given this some thought, I think I understand what it actually is. It is a launcher that is designed like Android, but not Android. I now find it VERY possible to do. With that, if you decide to do this, I support you 100%.

Reactions: Joel16

Procyon

TheRealProcyon
Trophies
Website
discord.me
XP
Country
Netherlands
I love how it looks, even if it's no cyanogen, it looks good after all, keep up the work and get ready for those exams. Citra sometimes doesn't emulate like a real system does. You could look for a real system after it works on citra, to check if it works or not. ;) I'm sometimes here from now on and I saw you earlier when I checked out the forums.

Joel16

Ils ne passeront pas
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just so you guys know, anyone with a descent C/C++ programming language can already begin porting this over to the 3DS. You don't have to wait on me. Feel free to PM me, if you have any questions. Some things may be 'un-port-able', because I'm still not fully sure of how ninjahax works.
If incase anyone's intrested have a look at home.c first to get the home menu up and running.

minexew

ayy lmao
Trophies
XP
Country
Honestly, I don't see the point of another launcher that needs to be launched.
What would this offer that Sunshell doesn't?

The posted code (home.c) is nothing to phone home about either. For something that's supposedly highly-interactive, it should be less imperative and more data-driven. Certain parts (drawing the battery, for example) have a lot of copy-pasted code which is a blatant violation of DRY. A higher-level language (C++, Lua) would be probably better suited for a project like this. But that's just my personal opinion.

Also +1 to "misleading name".

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The

The posted code (home.c) is nothing to phone home about either. For something that's supposedly highly-interactive, it should be less imperative and more data-driven. Certain parts (drawing the battery, for example) have a lot of copy-pasted code which is a blatant violation of DRY. A higher-level language (C++, Lua) would be probably better suited for a project like this. But that's just my personal opinion.

It might simply be better than sunshell.

Joel16

Ils ne passeront pas
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fucking hell, that's it. I'm sick of hearing this:

And this:

I don't mind this:
The posted code (home.c) is nothing to phone home about either. For something that's supposedly highly-interactive, it should be less imperative and more data-driven. Certain parts (drawing the battery, for example) have a lot of copy-pasted code which is a blatant violation of DRY. A higher-level language (C++, Lua) would be probably better suited for a project like this. But that's just my personal opinion
Yes I know I'm being redundant in certain areas but there's a lot that I still haven't worked on properly. I haven't touched some things that I've coded the first time. I've been focusing more on offering rather than fixing. Just so you know I did want to switch to C++ but got too lazy with how much work I'll need to put in. I'm still considering to do it, but right now I can't. And no Lua's not my way to go, sorry. Even though I used to do a bit of LUA, I highly dislike it. Its just my 'personal opinion'.

Anyways yeah sorry for those who actually wanted to see this coming on the 3DS. It's not coming anymore. Yes I noticed the ratio of those who want it to those who don't. But if you look in the posts here they're mostly criticism. Critism is a good thing (sometimes) but everything has its own limits. Like for example, I don't mind you criticizing my code cause yeah, I understand I tend to get redundant sometimes and in some cases its almost unreadable thanks to my choice of variables and I'd love to make improvements but I've heard enough of the 'we don't need this' comments. I actually was going to buy a 3DS just for this and the homebrew scene, but I won't be bothered anymore.
Seems like here most people don't fucking appreciate diversity. We have this so why do we need this?

Edit: Okay, I was pissed as hell at that point in time lol :rofl:

Last edited by Joel16,
Reactions: Sev501

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Anyways yeah sorry for those who actually wanted to see this coming on the 3DS. It's not coming anymore. Yes I noticed the ratio of those who want it to those who don't. But if you look in the posts here they're mostly criticism. Critism is a good thing (sometimes) but everything has its own limits. Like for example, I don't mind you criticizing my code cause yeah, I understand I tend to get redundant sometimes and in some cases its almost unreadable thanks to my choice of variables and I'd love to make improvements but I've heard enough of the 'we don't need this' comments. I actually was going to buy a 3DS just for this and the homebrew scene, but I won't be bothered anymore.
Seems like here most people don't fucking appreciate diversity. We have this so why do we need this?
Mods ban me if you may. Lock this thread as well if you wish. Goodbye.
Don't take the hate too serious. This is gbatemp, hate is an essential part of it. You should go to 4dsdev if you want to get constructive opinions.
And as always the people against something are louder than the people for something. Users who are interested in your project just don't comment but the haters comment.
One last tip: it's better to only post something if it's ready to be released. At least that's what I do.

I'd really appreciate a decent file browser. Rinnegatamante writes some essential applications but they have no user friendly UI and are sometimes very buggy.

nxwing

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Seems, I'm late.
So anyways I've followed your works on XDA and I was surprised and amazed by your work even though it's something like a launcher. I just want to ask the following:
Will it be region locked?
How will this be launched?
Do we need NinjHax to run this?

Procyon

TheRealProcyon
Trophies
Website
discord.me
XP
Country
Netherlands
Seems, I'm late.
So anyways I've followed your works on XDA and I was surprised and amazed by your work even though it's something like a launcher. I just want to ask the following:
Will it be region locked?
How will this be launched?
Do we need NinjHax to run this?

He wants to quit sadly enough

minexew

ayy lmao
Trophies
XP
Country
Just a suggestion...
You are apparently good at graphic design and Sunshell seems to need a redesign pretty badly (unless the screenshots in its thread are way out of date), so why not join its development?
AFAIK it's an open project on Github and I'm sure they would welcome any sort of contribution.

No need to get upset, by the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Wow, only $700?