Daigasso! Band Bros DX

JackDeeEss

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
In a move that nobody saw coming, Nintendo is releasing a European version of the fantastic music game Daigasso! Band Bros DX for the DS, and it'll be out on 21 May.

Jam With The Band is a rhythm action game which lets you play along with a load of popular songs using combinations of the D-Pad, face buttons and shoulder buttons.

The fun thing about the Japanese version of the game is that it doesn't just let you play the song, it lets you do it with any instrument used to create the song. If the song features a trumpet and you just want to use that, you can. Alternatively, if you'd rather do the drums, or piano, or guitar, or vocals you can do that too.

source: http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/...le.php?id=16419

Well, this is... Amazing. A game from 2005 Is coming next month. Awesome news, but what will you guys think about it?

redact

‮҉
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
yay

i wonder if spikey's save will work on this
biggrin.gif

Spikey

Your Special Someone
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is the most awesome news EVER! I cannot wait!

And to ZeroTm: Fuck you! You racist bastard! What you should say is that you hope for a bunch of not Japanese songs in there. But "no japanese songs"? Seriously, don't be a dick!

Gnargle

The day I set a profile picture is the day I die
Trophies
XP
Country
Spikey said:
*Toni style snip*
How was that comment racist in any way? He was just stating his opinion on Japanese music and what he wants in the game, not say, 'all the japanese people are f****** that should die lets nuke em.'
Inb4 ban
ON TOPIC: I loved Daigasso in Japanese and it will be even more awesome in English, when I can actually understand it!
smile.gif

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Awesome, but I fear it won't have all those awesome songs available online as the Japanese one, since they'll have different servers as we don't have JASRAC here
frown.gif

Spikey

Your Special Someone
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rayben said:
Totally uncalled for.
Some people just prefer music they can understand.
We don't all speak japanese.
QUOTE(Gnargle @ Apr 8 2010, 11:05 AM) How was that comment racist in any way? He was just stating his opinion on Japanese music and what he wants in the game, not say, 'all the japanese people are f****** that should die lets nuke em.'
There's a difference between wanting there to be a bunch of songs that aren't Japanese than condemning it altogether. His comment was completely unnecessary. There's no reason for there to be "no japanese music". Not like that will change things. There might not be songs with Japanese lyrics, but there will be Japanese songs for sure. Zelda. Mario. Pokemon. Having those songs been in the other games they'll probably be in this one too. And those are all Japanese.

ZeroTm

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
@Spikey: I actually don't want japanese music because I can't understand japanese. It has nothing to do with racism or any other shit. The most important part of a song are the lyrics, which make you think or that represent something like a message.

Gnargle

The day I set a profile picture is the day I die
Trophies
XP
Country
No songs please, music is for gits.
In all seriousness, I'm really looking forward to this.
ITT: Trolling as an art form.

Forstride

The rudder moves when I turn the wheel
Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
Spikey said:
*Toni style snip*
You're being more offensive than he could have possibly been (He wasn't even being offensive by being racist at all). He's allowed to not want any
Japanese songs...Just because he may not have worded it exactly how you wanted him to, doesn't mean he's being racist.

D

Deleted User

ZeroTm said:
@Spikey: I actually don't want japanese music because I can't understand japanese. It has nothing to do with racism or any other shit. The most important part of a song are the lyrics, which make you think or that represent something like a message.
Dude, have you played Daigasso? Most of the songs don't contain lyrics, regardless of whether they are Japanese or not. Also, a lot of the video game music is Japanese.

I'm really hoping for more British metal and hard rock
yaynds.gif

Spikey

Your Special Someone
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
flameiguana said:
ZeroTm said:
Dude, have you played Daigasso? Most of the songs don't contain lyrics, regardless of whether they are Japanese or not. Also, a lot of the video game music is Japanese.

I'm really hoping for more British metal and hard rock
yaynds.gif
Indeed, the songs at most contain karaoke lyrics for the language of the song, but the sound itself is basically MIDI.

ZeroTm: If you truly didn't mean it in the way that your statement means(and I know you did mean it, but I'll pretend you didn't), you should say something more like "I hope there are songs in a language I understand" because that takes all the hate you projected towards the Japanese, and makes it a unoffensive statement of a desire of the game instead.

I apologize for my harsh reaction, but I greatly dislike people being intolerant of other cultures/religions/etc. It makes me angry that anyone could be so negative to a broad group of people for no reason.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Very unexpected news, next thing you know they'll announce DS Air for an European release.

I get a feeling that Nintendo are maybe looking into titles they've yet to release outside of Japanese and that most of their resources are sorting out Wii/3DS titles. Expecting more localisations.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool: My original one +1