Sausage Head

Lord Sausage LXIX
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hello all,

I'm having some trouble with de Blob 2, European (#5310).
This is the third time my save file gets corrupted. While the game doesn't say it's corrupted, it creates a new one.
I am using a DS Lite, but I don't think it is the cause of this problem.
I've had the same problem on Tetris Party Deluxe, on both the R4 SDHC (www.r4sdhc.com) AND the DSTWO.
I am running all my games in 'Clean Mode', with no cheats enabled.

Please note that de Blob 2 is not released as American release, so switching region versions is not an option.

For those who want to know what was just lost:
50% of the whole game.
Of all levels I unlocked, I had all collectibles.
This is the FOURTH time I have to start over.

I am disappoint.
Oh, also if you haven't guessed already, I use clean ROMs.

I use EOS 1.11, downloaded yesterday

Killermech

Cookie Monster
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I had a similar problem with Ghost Story, but it wasn't due to the cart or the save file. It was cause the save file was created on a broken sector on my micro SD.
I used HDD Regenerator 2011 to fix it. But you can also use the one that comes with Windows XP (should be similar with other OS) by right clicking the drive > Properties > Tools > Error checking.
The difference is that the one that comes with Windows XP, it doesn't repair it. It instead converts the bad sectors into space, but that works too.

Could be something else, but that was the problem in my case so might give it a try.

Barta

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Both my son and I use a DSTWO and we don't have any problems. My son has already finished the game and I am at world three.
We upgraded to the last formware because of Pokemon Black and White. Maybe you should upgrade the DSTWO.

Killermech

Cookie Monster
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Sausage Head said:
Killermech, I will try your solution.
I probably won't be able to post results, as the corruption is random every time.

If it manages to find any damaged sectors, then that might've been the problem all along.
Do post if it detects any damaged sectors in your search, as it might be proven helpful to others with a similar problem.

Hope you get it fixed.

Buleste

Old Fart
Trophies
Website
www.redbubble.com
XP
Country
I've got a SCDS2 and am using EOS 1.11 and De Blob2 works fine for me so it's not the card or the ROM. Try running the game in patch mode see if that makes a difference.

Other than backing up everything and then formatting your sd card with Panasonic formatter you should also double check how much space you have left on your card as this can cause problems.

Sausage Head

Lord Sausage LXIX
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have used 524 MB of my 4GB SD. (I had a mayor cleanup yesterday night, I made it from a full blown emulation device to just loading the EOS, without any plugins.

Also, it found 2 damaged files, and some sectors damaged too.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/Os7f9Se.mp4