Hacking Dead pace Savedata Detects Cheats and Disables Sound

vettacossx

Wii Theme Team Founder
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Well guys I just wanted to point out that the game Dead Space Extraction's savedata can detect changes and then disable the games sound untill the Savedata is erased!
ohmy.gif
Now chances are this could be a result of the cheats themselfs conflicting or causing issues but i wondered if anyone else had tried this?

I used Usb CFG to download a cheat txt for the PAL version of dead space extraction. I then enabled all cheats (and they work fine the first go sound and all) but after i shut down the game and as soon as I try to load the game back up (with or without the cheats enabled) the sound becomes disabled completely!
ohmy.gif
I tried loading via had the sound came back when i had the cheats disabled i wouldnt have thought much of this but being the issue seems to actually currupt the sound of the game makes me think the game checks for altered savedata or memory changes? seems a bit different then a conflict in codes with this particular game

No sound loaded under the following to test it out b4 erasing my savedata (that finally did the trick)
249 (rev 14)
223 m-load and y-load
222m-load and y-load
250 (rev 10 i think)

I am on 3.2U console and use rev 44 of configurable usb loader and cioscorps if this matters? Anyway i just wanted to tell you guys if you erase the savedata the sound will come back weird little security or something in place though that the wiird community and occarina community might be interested in? (yes im sure i know how to use the cheats i've owned a gecko and used a hex editor b4 lol)

Phylos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm on 4.1U and I'm having no sound when loading it through a disc with no cheats using NeoGamma V7. I was wondering what was up with this too....
I haven't tried removing my save yet. I'll try that in a little while and update my post with my results.

vettacossx

Wii Theme Team Founder
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
thanks for the post bro im interested to see why this savedata is acting differently i noticed that after i erased my savedata and started a new game the sound seemed to work NP? regardless of ios! I would like to see what the guru's find in the savedata or in wiiscrunbber partitions of the game itself its a curious bug to say the least

Phylos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Haven't had a chance to delete my save yet and try it again....

I was looking on another site (sorry I can't post what site) and others are having the same problem even using the PAL edition. Did the sound continue to work after a restart? if so, I'll delete my save and start again.

vettacossx

Wii Theme Team Founder
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
no apparently this was just my misconception because it happen to the above poster without using cheats so maybe it detects custom IOS i dont know what i do know is that i had to delete the savedata to get sound again and that alone seems strange to me..Maybe a occarina cheat could patch the values LOL i dunno why it happens but it happens and its in the savedata or the iso so with waninkoko's savedata extractor (or wii crazy's pc tool) we can get the savedata to look at it and with wii scrubber we should be able to check out the iso for any "new ios" if thats the case or whatnot i havent tried ether and dont suppose i would even know what to look for but it seems noteworthy at the least because i would hate to have to deal with this in alot of games thankfully its just this one atm...Time will tell
biggrin.gif

Riicky

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damn i had the no sound problem today too....played it for a few days fine through wiiflow (NO CHEATS)...booted it up today...no f-in sound lol....restarted wii without the SD card in (to skip the bootmii load) pushed it back in, loaded game through wiiflow, and the sound was there....

P.S... I', using the PAL version with Wiiflow Forcing NTSC

Wii Specs:

4.1U
Cioscorp 3.4
Preloader 0.29
Bootmii as Boot 2 and IOS
cios38 Rev14

scrappy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The no sound problem is only related to the loader, not to gamesaves.
Your language setting has to be -default-, anything else mutes the game.
Even if your console is set to english, you have to choose -default- in the loader, not -english- to have sound.

You should use the boards search-function!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Double dickhead chinballs is still better than double dickhead eyeballs.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    As in, the balls will grow in your eye sockets.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I paid 5 grand to get them moved to my chin
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    This you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My hair can't be that cool
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Ah, yes, portrait mode, surely the best way to film a row of people. If only there were some way to fit a wider shot, at the expense of height... if only...
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    4k portrait mode?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Diddy - "I never touched her, that bitch is crazy." Video is released. Diddy - " Ok I did it, i am remorseful for my actions during my darkest times." Lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Glad that the Diddler got caught once again.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Iran ran out of options
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thought I saw my ex on that new kingdom of the Apes poster
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I thought I saw a puttie snatch...
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm so pumped, NCAA football video game is back after a 10 year hiatus, coming to SeriesS/X, PS5 in July.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wish they would let us play the NCAA football 14 on newer xbox, its one of the only games I love and own on disc still, that is not back compatible, bs.
  • AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird:
    @BigOnYa My dad recently bought a spare Series X off of me, got game pass, and saw Madden '24 on Game Pass, decided to try it out.

...He was a bit taken aback by the 60GB download size. Poor guy's still living in the 90s!
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @AdenTheThird, Bro's still in the PS2 age.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol charging your dad's classic unless he's the type that doesn't like taking things like that
  • AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird:
    @K3Nv2 He was looking into consoles for his house anyway (for my younger siblings and himself) and I had a spare XSX and Switch I ended up selling him at pretty steep cuts. I would just give them to him, but I did buy them with the intent to sell them... and college is super expensive.
    AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird: @K3Nv2 He was looking into consoles for his house anyway (for my younger siblings and himself)...