Homebrew DeSmuME Wii - DS Emulator for Wii in development.

OArikadoO

Trophies
Website
arikadosblog.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
panmusic:
On hold until the 0.9.6 DeSmuME Wii build is finished. One of the developers behind RealityBoy (who now does mednafen instead) went out of his way to contact me and is helping out every step of the way. I want it emulating virtual boy games no later than the end of August (which I think is fair despite being a long ways off since I'm working on DeSmuME and DOP-Mii primarily)

panmusic

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Excellent news!!!
I wish you good luck to your projects and surely I will wait holding my breath!

P.S If I am not mistaken,0.9.6 DeSmuME Wii build is expected this week.Thank you so much!!!!

bluebowser31

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im not trying to sound rude or anything, but is there a way to make it run faster? (is that what the bios do, or is it just to increase compadibility?)

but kirby works amazing! it was going full speed no skips! (no bios)

OArikadoO

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Nothing you can do on your end to make it run faster but theres still a nearly endless amount of things we can do over here.

Im hoping to have something committed later this evening to yield minor improvements in a lot of places as a warm up for the big stuff coming as soon as the 0.9.6 video driver (just finished sound and the MMU and the other big components of 0.9.6 finally the other day) decides to cooperate with the Wii.

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ah, so it is coming today. Nice one Arikado, but don't strain yourself
tongue.gif

OArikadoO

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
So trying to finish it on the same day as my highschool graduation wasn't such a hot idea heh. I've gotta work for about 10 hours today, but afterwards I will have exactly time to finish and commit it. I swear I'll get it done today.

Thanks for the patience. Having a real life sucks >_>

panmusic

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
For one more time,I would like to express my gratitude for all your hard work.Thanks to you,in a few months,we will be able to play Zelda DS on our Wiis.I wish you best luck!

OArikadoO

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
I've added a new build to the downloads on the google code page ( http://code.google.com/p/desmumewii/downloads/list ). The source just needs to be cleaned up a little bit with a few of my comments before it is committed.

Thanks for all of the support, it means a lot
biggrin.gif

Basically, this new build is halfway upgrade to the 0.9.6 core (I'm not one to hog credit, but I did this release all by myself ;-P). Without frame skipping, the phoenix wright games (haven't tested apollo or edgeworth) and a few others should be running at full speed without frameskipping. Furthermore, frameskipping will now bring up a wider variety of games to full speed. 3D heavy games that were previously unplayable should be semi-playable now with a little frameskipping. There really shouldnt be any graphical errors at all at this point. Also, I hope to have squashed a few bugs specific to just one or two games.

Enjoy. You can donate via the chip-in widget on my blog ( http://arikadosblog.blogspot.com ) if you're so kind enough to do so. Hopefully it wont be too long before the next update ;-P

OArikadoO

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Sorox: You could try it yourself and tell me.

KiiWii: Yeah, I looked into it. It definitely seems doable as I could definitely mess with the video settings with the USB Gecko. It would take a fair bit of time I dont have to find the right registers to mess with though. You should pop in #usbgecko on EFNET. There are tons of guys in there who are much better than myself and are looking for a challenge.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    light27 @ light27: well pretty much