s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Goten said:
You're missing a point... Gay guy, probably ashamed of himself (like most, although now it's a bit commum) and dating a 30 year-old guy... The parents know? :/ Are you getting the point?
nothing has been mentioned about their parents by the OP. But your prediction is more probable, I guess.
unsure.gif

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As a guy in my 30's, I have to say this is really pushing the bounds of what should be done.
What the heck would a 30 year old man have in common with a 16 year old boy?
Certainly not enough to build a real relationship on.

Uchiha Obito

Trophies
XP
Country
Vulpes Abnocto said:
As a guy in my 30's, I have to say this is really pushing the bounds of what should be done.
Yeah, I thought that 30ish people liked more mature people... A 16 year old boy, no matter of rough times he passed on, no matter how much bad things happened to him, can't be a good person to build a relationship when the difference of ages are 14 years --'

431unknown

VR Gaming Enthusiast
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Dark Langin said:
Well a friend of mine has a relation with a 30 years old guy. I was like wtf when he told me about his relation he is self 16 years old(like me
tongue.gif
) and I want your opinion about age if it matters to have a relation with somebody. I self think he'll needs to find out if it is the real love of his life.

In normal language can a 16 years old have a relation with a 30 years old?

Depends on the law about age of consent in your country. Look I'm 35 in a few weeks and there is now way I would be fooling around with a 16 year old here in the states. If your friend has a love for this guy he should just cut it off if they are doing anything sexually and save this guy a hassle. If when he turns 18 or whatever the age of adulthood is where you are and they want to have a sexual relationship then it's cool. In a case like this it does not matter what any individual thinks it matters what the laws state.

injected11

Crescent Fresh™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Goten said:
Vulpes Abnocto said:
Yeah, I thought that 30ish people liked more mature people... A 16 year old boy, no matter of rough times he passed on, no matter how much bad things happened to him, can't be a good person to build a relationship when the difference of ages are 14 years --'
A good friend of mine started a relationship with a guy almost exactly like the OP described, and they've been together for 7 years now. Just because you don't understand it, doesn't mean it can't happen and work out well.

gloweyjoey

who??
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think that the age difference is a the problem.

Yes they are 14 years apart but there is a HUGE difference when the two people are 16 and 30 and two people who are say 30 and 44.

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
16 is under age in most country, I wouldn't date a 16 yo even if I where 21.
Id doesn't matter if 2 adult people love each other.
I'm 37 and my girlfriend is 26, and we get along just fine. You see girls approaching 30 are starting to feel old, and need a man who gives them security and protection, even if that man is 10-15 years older, while a man at 40 today, just starts to live ( and in my case still play video games ).
But at 16, you should hang out with other teenagers, not so much for your sake, but for the older guy's. In my experience, this kind of relationship can be very emotional, and I've seen many times brokenhearted underage trying to get back at the heart breaker by suing him for sexual harassment/violation and so on.
So I would say, definitely NO.

Uchiha Obito

Trophies
XP
Country
injected11 said:
Goten said:
Vulpes Abnocto said:
A good friend of mine started a relationship with a guy almost exactly like the OP described, and they've been together for 7 years now. Just because you don't understand it, doesn't mean it can't happen and work out well.
I know, I didn't say that it couldn't happen... Still, it's not that frequent... Specially male-male relations

Langin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Goten said:
injected11 said:
Goten said:
Vulpes Abnocto said:
I know, I didn't say that it couldn't happen... Still, it's not that frequent... Specially male-male relations

The problem is I worried on both guys. Look the guy is my BFF. I know its not my task to say whats good or not.

Uchiha Obito

Trophies
XP
Country
Dark Langin said:
The problem is I worried on both guys. Look the guy is my BFF. I know its not my task to say whats good or not.
Why not? Parents don't know (possibly) and others don't give a crap... You are worried, have you talked with you friend about that? Maybe he needs a wake up call... Your wake up call...

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm knocking on 30(ish) and I wouldn't get with anyone under 21 at a push. And 16 is legal here. So guess what my instincts say.

But, does it feel like you are being hidden from your friends BF or he his hiding his BF from you though? All my personal prejudices of this sort of thing aside, if that's not happening you probably don't have as much to worry about as you'd think. I'm guessing the other person is a very very immature 30 year old so hopefully there's not a major amount of unfair manipulation happening.

GamerzInc

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm 22 and dating. My gf is 17, turns 18 at the end of this year. We haven't had sex and we've been together almost two years. Dunno how but we clicked. Somethings I find acceptable with age. Mainly it depends on the maturity level, but I think a 14yr difference under 18 is just wrong.

stinkoman

Magnificent Bastard
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dating someone half your age kind of crosses the line unless you're a rich mofo or Hugh Hefner. This is kind of entering NAMBLA territory at the moment. But, if they're happy together, fine by me. To each their own, I guess.

iluvfupaburgers

FUPA Luva
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
the only problem i see is that the 30 year old person could go to jail for pedophilia for dating a minor. and this could most likely be happening since i really dont see what 30 and 16 year old people could have in common other than physical attraction (my opinion)

awssk8er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm 17, and my girlfriend is 15. She got held back at an early age, so she is a freshman and I'm a senior.

At the beginning of the year, I thought it was weird how some of my friends/classmates were going for freshman, but we just go together so well. It's awesome.

The age difference doesn't bother me, and she doesn't seem younger. She's more mature than anyone in my grade. I think if she was any younger it might bother me.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Sort of irrelevent for the OP, as the relationship in question is a homosexual relationship, and there aren't exactly a big group of studies to display what kind of mates are generally picked, but males tend to go for younger females for a variety of reasons. In this day and age though, it seems that is being defied to a pretty large extent. Hard to say why society is kind of pushing around like that, but regardless.

The relationship in question, I do find a little weird. On the other hand, my 17 year old friend was dating a 21 or 22 year old (both female), and common ground was easily developed there. If a relationship of that type can be developed and held in a healthy way, I see no real problems with it. We are just sort of trained to believe that a relationship between certain age groups is wrong.

Personally, I aim for slightly younger and don't find myself attracted physically or emotionally to nearly any girls my age (I'm 17 personally). I found one who doesn't even go to the same school as me, and that's it. I mean, there are still those that are physically attractive, but at the very least, I've learned that isn't nearly enough for myself. I guess I sort of fall into the trend, though I would never consider going for somebody past two years younger than me. The only girl that I say I've gone head over heels for in the past couple of years is a year younger than me. Older than me though, I'm not sure. I think I would really have to experience a relationship such as that to really say if I think it is potentially workable.

I feel like I just kind of rambled.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://doublepulsar.com/recall-stealing-everything-youve-ever-typed-or-viewed-on-your-own-window...