Hacking Downgrade to Clean Nand

JJO192

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello there. I have a clean nand at 5.1. I upgraded to 6.1 and have been using sxos. I have just upgraded to 8.1 without burning fuses and have not booted into OFW. The question is. Can I restore the original 5.1 (I know that 6.1 would have burned fuses), boot into CFW that will now be on 5.1 aswell and upgrade that to the lastest 8.1. I know this wont be the cleanest because i will have had to enter CFW to upgrade. But will it work? Because then i want to create an emunand and leave the OFW as clean as possible.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello there. I have a clean nand at 5.1. I upgraded to 6.1 and have been using sxos. I have just upgraded to 8.1 without burning fuses and have not booted into OFW. The question is. Can I restore the original 5.1 (I know that 6.1 would have burned fuses), boot into CFW that will now be on 5.1 aswell and upgrade that to the lastest 8.1. I know this wont be the cleanest because i will have had to enter CFW to upgrade. But will it work? Because then i want to create an emunand and leave the OFW as clean as possible.
This will probably work. Booting into CFW one time just to update is unlikely to be detected and get you banned.

That being said, I'm talking about Atmosphere. When it comes to SX OS, I have no idea.

Kadji

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I am irritated...
- You have a clean nand (dump i suppose?) thats on 5.1
- You upgraded (your Sysnand?) to 6.1 (with Nintendo Update Servers? Or ChoiDujourNX? Or a Gamecard? I guess by official ways since you are talking abou burned fuses) and then to 8.1 without burning fuses (again, which nand? So you already have a Emunand? Which tool did you use?)

I suppose you did not go online with your Switch since using CFW, but then again 'how' did you update to 6.1?

I need more information before I can give you a clear answer since I don't want to be responsible if anything 'bad' happens to your Switch.

Reactions: Lacius

JJO192

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I am irritated...
- You have a clean nand (dump i suppose?) thats on 5.1
- You upgraded (your Sysnand?) to 6.1 (with Nintendo Update Servers? Or ChoiDujourNX? Or a Gamecard? I guess by official ways since you are talking abou burned fuses) and then to 8.1 without burning fuses (again, which nand? So you already have a Emunand? Which tool did you use?)

I suppose you did not go online with your Switch since using CFW, but then again 'how' did you update to 6.1?

I need more information before I can give you a clear answer since I don't want to be responsible if anything 'bad' happens to your Switch.

No emunand currently installed. First thing I did before doing anything CFW related was create a nand backup that was 5.1 with Hekate. I haven't been online since using CFW. The upgrade from 5.1 to 6.1 was a gamecard update in OFW that was still offline. Ideally this is to get a 'cleaner' sysnand for online use (obviously always a risk) and start an emunand for all CFW related uses.

Kadji

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Meh, this is a bad Situation...

5.0.0-5.1.0 -> 6 fuses burned
6.0.0-6.1.0 -> 7 fuses burned

You could downgrade to 5.1, update with CFW / ChoiDujourNX to 6.1 so your fuse count matches again, although I would be highly paranoid about any traces that are left on your Nand afterwards...

I don't think that it's possible to get a 100% clean, "never touched by anything" state of your nand (using CFW / ChoiDujourNX counts as "dirty" for me).
If you are willing to take the risk go for it, but why do you even want a clean System nand? To play Online? In that case you have to update to the latest Firmware anyway...

Reactions: PHiLiPZ

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Meh, this is a bad Situation...

5.0.0-5.1.0 -> 6 fuses burned
6.0.0-6.1.0 -> 7 fuses burned

You could downgrade to 5.1, update with CFW / ChoiDujourNX to 6.1 so your fuse count matches again, although I would be highly paranoid about any traces that are left on your Nand afterwards...

I don't think that it's possible to get a 100% clean, "never touched by anything" state of your nand (using CFW / ChoiDujourNX counts as "dirty" for me).
If you are willing to take the risk go for it, but why do you even want a clean System nand? To play Online? In that case you have to update to the latest Firmware anyway...
Restoring the clean 5.1.0 NAND backup, booting into Atmosphere, and updating to 8.1.0 through normal means is unlikely to cause a ban. You are right, however, that CFW should be avoided whenever possible on a NAND that is going to connect to the internet.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: MoM, I don't have to do homework, anymore :D:blush::D