WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
So I got a opera bricked wii to fix today, here is what I did...

1. The wii had a really old version of System Menu (2.X), I unbricked it using a drivekey chip and a semi-brick fix disc... System menu version became 3.2U

2. Fine so far, even later installed an old version of homebrew channel using homebrew channel installer disc, the chip still worked fine.

3. Then region converted the wii using any region changer, system menu version became 3.2E... still fine

4. Installed homebrew channel&bootmii using bannerbomb...

5. Then updated the wii through internet up to 4.2E...

6. Bootmii got removed and Homebrew channel got hardtime running under IOS 30 so reinstalled both... they worked fine after this...

7. Changed the jumpers on the drivekey to make them suit the system menu region... (make the jumper configuration EUROPE)

The problem is, now anything I throw into the drive comes as "An error occured blah blah..."... Nothing works in the disc channel...

Run any region changer again to see if I missed changing Game Region, but it displays the correct value Europe... Still it displays the warning up in the header about a mismatch... but there is no mismatch....

So my questions are,
1. Anyone with a modchip & a region converted wii (not Korean->Others) having a similar problem?
2. What do you think is the problem? Chip? Region conversion detected by 4.2 menu or IOS 70?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AngryCinnabon @ AngryCinnabon: anything that offers trump an opportunity to become an actual dictator is bad in my book, i...