DS #4492: Might & Magic - Clash of Heroes (USA)

hesho

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
for all ppl here who wanna buy the game just go buy it and leave the hard working hackers to hack the game here most of us are pirates we dont buy games so why dont u just all ppl say thank u to the hard working hackers and let it be

Fosya117

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
pakoito said:
Spongeroberto said:
For the record: Might & Magic is not the same as Heroes of Might and Magic

but this game isn't like either of those series so it doesn't matter that much
It's a Critter Crunch ripoff, nothing to do with any usual HOMM.

It's not a ripoff. It's just another game in M&M world.

PuyoDead

Hey! Hey! Oh!
Trophies
Website
www.flickr.com
XP
Country
United States
Capy had a hand in developing Critter Crunch and this game. It's a bit of a stretch to call it a ripoff when the same people make it. Plus, there are FAR more details and game mechanics to this than Critter Crunch. If you want to stretch this even thinner, you could call Critter Crunch a ripoff of Columns, and therefore, this a ripoff of Columns. Bit silly, eh?

Donato_Dobango

Trophies
Website
www.fairuseradio.com
XP
Country
United States
Zantagor said:
Hey, I have an idea, why not just buy the game if it's this amazing?

That way, no more crappy AP
wink.gif

If Ubisoft sees an increase in sales this quarter, you can pretty much guarantee that they'll credit it to their anti-piracy and just continue to spend more money on future games towards hundreds of AP checks instead of quality control, new franchises, and fun game play.

They got themselves in this hole by flooding the market with Imagine and Petz games. If we support them now we just make piracy that much more of a scapegoat for their earning reports.

Yves

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
my friend got it and... man thats one amazing game. to bad my R4 cant run it now, need to wait untill you guys hack it ^ ^"

demitrius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hesho said:
for all ppl here who wanna buy the game just go buy it and leave the hard working hackers to hack the game here most of us are pirates we dont buy games so why dont u just all ppl say thank u to the hard working hackers and let it be

Most people here are underage and can't hold a job let alone get one either.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
demitrius said:
hesho said:

Most people here are underage and can't hold a job let alone get one either.
Yeah, I know how that is myself >.< That's the reason I even got into this.
That and my town never gets the good games.
Speaking of which any more news on the progress with this game?

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Zantagor said:

wink.gif
Usually I download and if I like a game and I think its worth money then I buy it. This looks like something I will enjoy so I actually looked up the Europe release date with an intention to buy it and it said:

Release 22nd January 2010.

So there is a flaw in your amazing idea for some of us. This game will be hacked before the Europe release and by then I would have probably played it to death and moved on to other games. And that Ubisoft is why you should release games at about the same time in different territories.

concealed identi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Donato_Dobango said:
Zantagor said:

wink.gif

If Ubisoft sees an increase in sales this quarter, you can pretty much guarantee that they'll credit it to their anti-piracy and just continue to spend more money on future games towards hundreds of AP checks instead of quality control, new franchises, and fun game play.

They got themselves in this hole by flooding the market with Imagine and Petz games. If we support them now we just make piracy that much more of a scapegoat for their earning reports.

This is so wrong, I don't even know where to begin. Pirate games if you want to, I admit I do it, but don't try to justify it with some pseudo-noble assumptions like this.

Donato_Dobango

Trophies
Website
www.fairuseradio.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm responding to Ubisoft's stupid "Blame Piracy Instead Of Our Own Bankrupt Lack of Ideas" policy.

I'm not going to give a company my money for the few properties they farm out to actual decent design groups so they can turn around and spend it on another 3 different versions of the same game PETZ MONKEY HIZOUZE release that will just take up more room on the shelves, not sell, and lead to another press release from them in 2010 saying piracy is still at large and is the #1 reason their games don't sell, not the fact that 99% of their games are shit.

Either way, this conversation is getting off topic. So this'll be the last I speak of it.

Wanted

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
Don't assume it's an excuse. I can easily hack my 360 but I buy my 360 and PS3 games full price because there is little or no delay and I have the money to be able to do that. I just think with the internet the games and movies etc need to keep up. You can't hype and talk about a game and expect people to still care 3 months later. It's a missed sale for them at the end of the day.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
concealed identity said:
This is so wrong, I don't even know where to begin. Pirate games if you want to, I admit I do it, but don't try to justify it with some pseudo-noble assumptions like this.

I'm gonna side with you in saying that I don't think his argument holds water, but I do believe he's right in suggesting that Ubisoft will spin PR in whatever way polishes their own apple. But that's a given for any big company.

My reason for not buying most DS games anymore is strictly financial. I won't make excuses, but I also don't feel the need to try and justify my gaming habits. I owned every home console last gen and pretty much every generation before it, and I own both a Wii and PS3 this generation. I buy tons of accessories, games and other crap I can't afford, so I put plenty of capital into the industry. I also have a premium Gamefly account, so I can rent anything I want. If I play a game on a flash card, these days it's simply to save time.

I will say this, however: I support Ubisoft in protecting their property with these sorts of measures. Obviously, it does little to divert the flood gate, but they get out of it what they put into it. That is to say, their shareholders, along with the development teams who make these games, sleep better at night thinking the publisher is making a valiant effort on their behalf. We still get our games in the end, Walmart moms still support Ubisoft and make the games profitable, and the noise from investors is silenced. It's win, win. And the gaming-news sites, of course, get ample stories about "how bad piracy has become!"

Donato_Dobango

Trophies
Website
www.fairuseradio.com
XP
Country
United States
And I don't begrudge any game company that uses AP up to a point: if they are programming more AP checks than actual game play, obviously I have a problem with that. Luckily with this game, they have a large franchise to work with, a solid game play style from Critter Crunch, and it's more in the RPG vein. But it's easy to see how 400+ AP checks could seem obscene on their other games like Rabbids TV Party.

If the AP is more polished than the game it's trying to protect, then the problem is with the game company, not the pirates.

Yves

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
meh, take it elsewhere
frown.gif

every time i come here i see new posts but only to dicover its your half argue half idk
tongue.gif

i want it to be patched!
frown.gif

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yves said:
meh, take it elsewhere
frown.gif

every time i come here i see new posts but only to dicover its your half argue half idk
tongue.gif

i want it to be patched!
frown.gif

Nice way to introduce yourself to the boards, essentially telling everyone to "STFU" and "gimmie meh patch."

We're having a discussion on a discussion board about a topic directly related to this game, which has AP that has sparked conversation. You take it elsewhere, buddy. We'll call you when the patch is ready.
wink.gif

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
irpacynot said:
Yves said:
meh, take it elsewhere
frown.gif

tongue.gif

i want it to be patched!
frown.gif

Nice way to introduce yourself to the boards, essentially telling everyone to "STFU" and "gimmie meh patch."

We're having a discussion on a discussion board about a topic directly related to this game, which has AP that has sparked conversation. You take it elsewhere, buddy. We'll call you when the patch is ready.
wink.gif
Though very awesome way to introduce yourself still
yay.gif
but yeah, just wait, there are a lot of AP checks on this game, the patch isn't going to be done in one night and if it is, it's going to be like the COP patch where people find more AP checks and they have to redo it again.

outgum

Pokemanz Master
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Back to the AP discussion.
If Ubisoft wants to spend all there money on AP on all there games, or there good-ish ones.
They will just run themself bankrupt eventually, and its not like us pirates care very much, i dont think it would be such a big loss if Ubisoft disappeared anyway.

Ill pirate when I want to pirate.
And for that guy that was complaining about us pirating, at the end of the day, if it werent for pirates, the people who create AP codes would be out of a job, magic, so there you go. Us pirates are giving people jobs, now shut it

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
outgum said:
Back to the AP discussion.
If Ubisoft wants to spend all there money on AP on all there games, or there good-ish ones.
They will just run themself bankrupt eventually, and its not like us pirates care very much, i dont think it would be such a big loss if Ubisoft disappeared anyway.

Ill pirate when I want to pirate.
And for that guy that was complaining about us pirating, at the end of the day, if it werent for pirates, there people who create AP codes would be out of a job, so magic, there you go. Us pirates are giving people jobs, now shut it

Wow. Just wow.

outgum

Pokemanz Master
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
lol....
Now i feel bad for saying it, thanks Opium XD
Im not a fan of Ubisoft, im only looking forward to this game as i have NOTHING TO PLAAAAAY!
Assasains Creed means nothing to me, or splinter cell and i also hated C.O.P.
I expect to get flamed, but idk ~Flame on~

But i still stand by my last statement. Its true, we are giving them jobs. If there wasnt pirates, people wouldnt be hired to it it. Meaning higher unemployment blah blah blah

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    updated ship of harkinian, gonna install some hd texture pack
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I might download rayman revolution for my ps3
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I may try the new ram site, and download more RAM to my Switch. Not sure if ddr3 is the right ram
    for it tho. Edit- no it uses floppy Ram, just like @AncientBoi
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    aeiou
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And sometimes Z
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, MAGA supporters be wearing tin foil hats lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, whats maga?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It stands for Maniacs Against General Acceptance
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, people rejecting general consensus about stuff?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, nuh its really just Trump followers
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, im not american so i dont care about trump
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    or us elections
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me niether, us north Koreans don't care
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i don't care either, even if i'm american
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    truth be told, i agree with psi, i dislike both candidates, but i'd probably vote trump simply because the economy was better during his presidency
    +1
  • AngryCinnabon @ AngryCinnabon:
    Just be careful, if trump ends up winning and using project 2025 America might really change...for the worse.
    I'm not american and even that sends shivers down my spine.
    anything that offers trump an opportunity to become an actual dictator
    is bad in my book, i could care less if it wasn't for that...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Canada: America's Russia
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Why so serious!
    @BakerMan, yeah that's about the only reason I would vote for Trump over Biden.
    In my opinion on all other factors they are pretty much the same.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: In my opinion on all other factors they are pretty much the same.