Moduular511

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thoob said:
Nope. The Danny Phantom icon and text is the fix.
The DSi thinks the AceKard/M3i is the Danny Phantom game so it allows it to run.

T...

Couldnt this in theory be done using any game? lol

Uzumakijl

Trophies
Website
www.uzumakijl.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Mexico
Moduular511 said:
Does it exist? I really dont wanna be stuck with the danny phantom icon....

I can't help you since i don't know if its possible, But dout it, Maybe a future update will change the icon... But..

Seriously..It's something completely unnecessary jeez... It doesn't really matters... Also you are pirating, learn to live with the Danny Phantom icon
huh.gif

arctic_flame

GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Moduular511 said:
Thoob said:
Nope. The Danny Phantom icon and text is the fix.
The DSi thinks the AceKard/M3i is the Danny Phantom game so it allows it to run.

T...

Couldnt this in theory be done using any game? lol

No, because the Acekard 2i actually contains a danny phantom game.

The DSi verifies this game (including icon and text as of firmware 1.4) before allowing a cart to run.

litobro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Misleading title +2

But on a related note, could we modify the flashing software so we could potentially use any game/app? Would it be as simple as hex editing? It would be great to get another game besides Danny Phantom to use as our image.

phoenixclaws

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As I understand it, it doesn't contain the actual game but the portions from a Rom to fool the DSi into thinking it is legit. Otherwise the update should have been a lot bigger then a couple MBs.

litobro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well i'm just speculating here, so correct me if i'm wrong. But the Danny trick basically overwrites the boot sectors the DSi uses to verify that it is a legitimate game. So all we need to do is find out how to change these to the boot sectors from a ROM, eg. Danny Phantom. But it would also be possible, given the knowledge and tools, to have a dynamic one, insert ROM A, output is a patch that will update the acekard using the boot sector trick.

wolffangalchemist

This is bat country!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it simply takes the rom data from and image danny phantom: urban jungle and uses it as the boot loader to launch the ak2i it's not that hi technical.
this update doesn't modify the 1.4 firmware in anyway if that's what you're thinking it does, or maybe I'm misunderstanding you.

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
litobro said:
Misleading title +2

But on a related note, could we modify the flashing software so we could potentially use any game/app? Would it be as simple as hex editing? It would be great to get another game besides Danny Phantom to use as our image.
No. I beleieve the entire ROM is on there, not just it's name, so you'd be doing a hell of a lot of hex editing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/qv96JYhfAuA?si=_PN4PTWfj5BWI9wk