• Start date
  • Views 4,415
  • Replies 25
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sumarth

OP
i cant post this here, but go here ... http://www.ndstti.cn/55.html ... and get it ... its not the one i made, but the losers who dont have a life and want to jump through hoops set by snobby but talented coders with issues wont let me post it here.

im glad somebody used it ...

cogitech said:
sumarth,

Thanks for posting this. I, for one, appreciate not having to jump through all those fucking hoops to get this to work.

I followed your easy steps and I am happy to have moonshell autobooting and roms running from moonshell.

Cheers!

if you own a dstt, sell it to some idiot newbie for 30 bucks, and order a m3i zero from 0shippingzone.com or dealextreme.com

or you can ask "how high?" when a jerk coder tells you to jump

S

sumarth

OP
and, btw, could someone please test the new roms to make sure that 1.17a12 games work?

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, um...
1). Don't distribute YSMenu
2). linoul's loader is well known
3). No offense, but there are better guides
4). It works on up to 2.06, 2.07+ if you rename the loader to ds.YSloaderForMS2.nds and your ROMs to .ds
5). This isn't an exploit

There is another way of loading commercial ROMs on 2.07+ I believe that DOES involve an exploit.
I have not seen anyone mention it though.

S

sumarth

OP
twiztidsinz said:
Yeah, um...
1). Don't distribute YSMenu
2). linoul's loader is well known
3). No offense, but there are better guides
4). It works on up to 2.06, 2.07+ if you rename the loader to ds.YSloaderForMS2.nds and your ROMs to .ds
5). This isn't an exploit

There is another way of loading commercial ROMs on 2.07+ I believe that DOES involve an exploit.
I have not seen anyone mention it though.

thanks for your input
you see, its easier this way

and people with a life probably dont want to read through alll that crap
and whats the problem with distributing ysmenu?

the guide is stupid also, so damn long

shamiko_

~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
WOW this is the most fantastic thread EVER
laugh.gif

this is the first time i've seen someone WHO doesn't care about distrabuting ysmenu when thousands and thous=ands of posts SAYING DO NOT DISTRABUTE YSMENU

EVER!!!!!!

cogitech

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
sumarth,

Thanks for posting this. I, for one, appreciate not having to jump through all those fucking hoops to get this to work.

I followed your easy steps and I am happy to have moonshell autobooting and roms running from moonshell.

Cheers!

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
sumarth said:
and people with a life probably dont want to read through alll that crap

the guide is stupid also, so damn long
The guide is very not stupid and gives users a decent step-by-step process so when they need to update their files, they can do it again quickly and with a fairly high success rate.
The problem with distributing ysmenu is:
1) Yasu doesn't like people handing out his stuff without going through his website.
2) Yasu will stop developing ysmenu when he does find out that people are handing out his stuff without his permission.
3) He owns the damn thing and probably could be protected by law because it is his (and yes, homebrew is legal, pirating is not).

Also the guide is separated into parts...all that you need to set up moonshell is all in a small section that takes less than five minutes to read and about the same amount of time to complete.

A better way you could have made it easier for everyone is to have links to the original downloads and then make a bat file that can work through everything like R4YSauto.

Snorlax

POSTMODERNISM
Trophies
Website
postmodjoel.com
XP
Country
sumarth said:
Maybe you should find out, by putting in as much time and effort as Yasu did to code. Then maybe you might understand why people get annoyed when their works are redistributed.

S

sumarth

OP
i want to talk to this yasu fellow
seems like a snob... im a great coder... now lets make things hard for people

arctic_flame

GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
It's more of a statistics thing. Nearly every pice of non open-source software says "Pleas only download it from x"

And take that link away, because the reason everyone keeps repeating "do not distribute YSMenu" is that when people were distributing it before he stopped all work on it.

S

sumarth

OP
Turtle said:
sumarth said:
Maybe you should find out, by putting in as much time and effort as Yasu did to code. Then maybe you might understand why people get annoyed when their works are redistributed.

look. this is free software. under the gpl, the most common licence, people can redistribute it as long as its for free
yasu did not even release his source
if yasu feels like he became king when he made ysmenu, he has issues
a ysmenu link is not even on a page that is available in english
what does yasu want to do, make people jump through hoops?

yasu has stopped development on ysmenu anyway
you know what, i dont have a dstt, and i should be saying "just get a m3i zero"like me, but no, i try to help

if yasu wants to through tantrums, why did he code this in the first place?

wchill

Resident chillxpert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It's not under the GPL. Therefore, you can't redistribute it without his permission.
Remove it now. Respect the programmer's wishes.

Perhaps you'd like to try coding something like YSMenu? I highly doubt you have any programming experience... Coding something just for someone to steal it from you is not something that programmers particularly enjoy.

Supersonicmonk

Trophies
XP
Country
a few beginners make the mistake of distributing YSMenu then someone says to remove it and they do then apologize. I'm sure Yasu wouldn't stop work on it because of this. You however are trying to argue that you have some right to distribute the software he worked hard on and has released for free despite the fact he specifically stated he only wanted it hosted on his site so people can see his other projects. Just take it down before a mod has to and you get a warn for debating about it

D

Deleted-119707

OP
sumarth said:
Turtle said:
sumarth said:

look. this is free software. under the gpl, the most common licence, people can redistribute it as long as its for free

*facepalm...
just remove it...

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
sumarth said:
look. this is free software. under the gpl, the most common licence, people can redistribute it as long as its for freeYSMenu isn't GPL...
sumarth said:
yasu did not even release his sourceYSMenu isn't Open Source...
if yasu feels like he became king when he made ysmenu, he has issues
sumarth said:
a ysmenu link is not even on a page that is available in englishYasu isn't from an English speaking country...
He is under no obligation to do anything for you.
sumarth said:
what does yasu want to do, make people jump through hoops?Don't want to jump through the hoops? Don't use it.

Posts merged

QUOTE(sumarth @ Jan 12 2010, 06:22 PM)
you know what, i dont have a dstt, and i should be saying "just get a m3i zero"like me, but no, i try to help
No... you should shut your mouth about shit you don't know rather than bitching and crying.

QUOTE(sumarth @ Jan 12 2010, 06:22 PM)
if yasu wants to through tantrums, why did he code this in the first place?
He didn't release the code.

S

sumarth

OP
YSMenu isn't GPL... i know, fool. but it should be

YSMenu isn't Open Source... thats my point

if yasu feels like he became king when he made ysmenu, he has issues ... yes he does

Yasu isn't from an English speaking country... so i can help him with that

He is under no obligation to do anything for you. ... then i am not under an obligation to honor his wishes

Don't want to jump through the hoops? Don't use it. i dont. i have a m3i zero with sakura

Posts merged

sumarth said:
you know what, i dont have a dstt, and i should be saying "just get a m3i zero"like me, but no, i try to helpNo... you should shut your mouth about shit you don't know rather than bitching and crying. 1)watch your language. 2) im not crying, you are, about me distributing ysmenu

QUOTE(sumarth @ Jan 12 2010, 06:22 PM) if yasu wants to through tantrums, why did he code this in the first place?
He didn't release the code. he released the final product

you realize ysmenu is redistributed in many places

hmmm.. you all have issues with worshipping jerk programmers

and im sure yasu wouldnt be as upset as you fags

wchill

Resident chillxpert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
sumarth said:
YSMenu isn't GPL... i know, fool. but it should be

YSMenu isn't Open Source... thats my point

if yasu feels like he became king when he made ysmenu, he has issues ... yes he does

Yasu isn't from an English speaking country... so i can help him with that

He is under no obligation to do anything for you. ... then i am not under an obligation to honor his wishes

Don't want to jump through the hoops? Don't use it. i dont. i have a m3i zero with sakura

Posts merged

sumarth said:
you know what, i dont have a dstt, and i should be saying "just get a m3i zero"like me, but no, i try to helpNo... you should shut your mouth about shit you don't know rather than bitching and crying. 1)watch your language. 2) im not crying, you are, about me distributing ysmenu

QUOTE(sumarth @ Jan 12 2010, 06:22 PM) if yasu wants to through tantrums, why did he code this in the first place?
He didn't release the code. he released the final product

you realize ysmenu is redistributed in many places

hmmm.. you all have issues with worshipping jerk programmers

and im sure yasu wouldnt be as upset as you fags

IT'S NOT UP TO YOU TO DECIDE WHAT LICENSE A DERIVATIVE WORK IS LICENSED UNDER.
YSMenu isn't under the GPL. A lot of good software isn't under the GPL. Sakura isn't under the GPL. Windows 7 isn't under the GPL.

Yasu made YSMenu for free on his own time with his own resources. He doesn't want it redistributed, you don't redistribute.
Since YSMenu isn't under a copyleft license or anything, you NOR ANYONE ELSE has permission to redistribute.
You say you got an M3i Zero with Sakura. Then go ahead and USE IT. We're not stopping you. You are under no obligation to be posting this either. You don't want obligations, don't post these. Tell people to use R4/TTYSAuto or a2h's R4 YSMenu Generator instead.

Yasu can stop development of YSMenu if he wants, when he wants. He is under no obligation to continue developing for it. It's within his rights to remove YSMenu from his site and such because of people who don't have respect for others.
So what if he doesn't want to release the source code. Microsoft doesn't release the source code for Windows 7. They released the final product, but it's up to the programmer to figure out things for themselves if they want the source.

And by the way, you know Sakura? It was developed by Moonlight, the developer of Moonshell. The M3 team and him had some shit going on between them. That's why Sakura's GUI will never be as robust as Moonshell 2. It is due to people that have no respect for our beloved hard-working programmers that the entire scene and homebrew/pirating community is no longer as good as it used to be.

Also, REMOVE ALL LINKS TO ANYTHING CONTAINING YSMENU, UNLESS IT LINKS TO YASU'S DS PAGE.
I see you tried linking to a clone site. They don't have permission to redistribute either. If you really did want to help, perhaps you could have made a batch script to set everything up for you. Everything except downloading YSMenu itself.

Ignorance of the rules is no excuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    the author has the final aproval
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    hunter x hunter
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    he has not allowed anyone to continue it for him for example
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, theres a dragon ball af mod for budokai 3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    updated ship of harkinian, gonna install some hd texture pack
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I might download rayman revolution for my ps3
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I may try the new ram site, and download more RAM to my Switch. Not sure if ddr3 is the right ram
    for it tho. Edit- no it uses floppy Ram, just like @AncientBoi
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    aeiou
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And sometimes Z
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, MAGA supporters be wearing tin foil hats lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, whats maga?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It stands for Maniacs Against General Acceptance
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, people rejecting general consensus about stuff?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, nuh its really just Trump followers
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, im not american so i dont care about trump
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    or us elections
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me niether, us north Koreans don't care
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i don't care either, even if i'm american
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    truth be told, i agree with psi, i dislike both candidates, but i'd probably vote trump simply because the economy was better during his presidency
  • AngryCinnabon @ AngryCinnabon:
    Just be careful, if trump ends up winning and using project 2025 America might really change...for the worse.
    I'm not american and even that sends shivers down my spine.
    anything that offers trump an opportunity to become an actual dictator
    is bad in my book, i could care less if it wasn't for that...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Canada: America's Russia
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Canada: America's Russia