Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Latest Game Informer issue comes with information about Warren Spector's (Wing Commander, Deux Ex) new game with Disney Interactive Studios: "Epic Mickey".

The game is confirmed to be a Nintendo Wii exclusive dated for Fall/2010.

The issue is not out yet, but the cover is already available showing more concept art for the game:

zwaik4.jpg

source: http://gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/200...e-revealed.aspx

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The concept art sold me on this game and the news that its out late next year is also something else to be happy about, Wii owners get far too many games that are rushed out already.

Seems like one of those "gamer games" something I thought there wouldn't be much of next year seeing that this years Wii "gamer games" didn't do well.

Hope to see something from the actual game soon. I'm guessing that the wiimote is used to paint? Mickey is holding a paintbrush.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nIxx said:
Nice for the Wii
smile.gif
and the concept art looks very interesting and promissing.
Is already known what type of gamme this will be ?
Platformer I think, it was being touted by the makers as a Mario Galaxy killer.

nIxx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Oh a Mario Galaxy Killer. Seems as they want to make a really good and non standart (crappy) Mickey Game.
Hmm i guess the brush that Mickey is holding is for painting something with the Wiimote but we will see
smile.gif

PS: I loved Magical Quest
smile.gif

CockroachMan

OP
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
nIxx said:
Oh a Mario Galaxy Killer. Seems as they want to make a really good and non standart (crappy) Mickey Game.
Hmm i guess the brush that Mickey is holding is for painting something with the Wiimote but we will see
smile.gif

PS: I loved Magical Quest
smile.gif

Mickey games are actually pretty good.. at least the Genesis and SNES ones were all great..

Yeah.. apparently you'll use the pointer to paint stuff on the screen.. kinda like Okami.

SonicRax

Egg-Mayo: The Movie
Trophies
XP
Country
Nice; I wasn't expecting this to turn up as a Wii-exclusive title. Definitely need to watch out for this. ^^

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Very good news and the concept art is excellent and well done. Hopefully the gameplay will do as much justice as the art style and graphics.

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hop2089 said:
Very good news and the concept art is excellent and well done. Hopefully the gameplay will do as much justice as the art style and graphics.
Exactly my thoughts. The concept art just looks SO good, the game MUST be excellent or else it'll fail...

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I really hope, that this will be a unique plattformer with new ideas, like galaxy was. As far as I can see the genre isn`t as popular as it was last the last generations, which is a pitty (Ubi, where is Rayman4, you d**ty bas***ds)

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wabsta said:
So, this will be with spiderman right?
I realize Marvel-Disney jokes are all the rage these days, but at least say a Marvel character that Disney actually owns. Universal has the rights to Spiderman currently. So Disney can't do a thing with him currently. I think they own the Hulk as well.

Honestly, this game has me somewhat excited. I remember the glory days of Mickey in gaming. The Magical Quest series, Illusion games on Sega, and even Mickey Mania has a soft place in my heart. There WAS a time when Mickey games meant awesomeness. Maybe this will bring that awesome back. The concept art looked "epic" enough.
wink.gif

Paint brush eh? How about making the villain the Phantom Blot? If you know who i'm talking about, you're hardcore! lol

CockroachMan

OP
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
granville said:
wabsta said:
So, this will be with spiderman right?
I realize Marvel-Disney jokes are all the rage these days, but at least say a Marvel character that Disney actually owns. Universal has the rights to Spiderman currently. So Disney can't do a thing with him currently. I think they own the Hulk as well.

Honestly, this game has me somewhat excited. I remember the glory days of Mickey in gaming. The Magical Quest series, Illusion games on Sega, and even Mickey Mania has a soft place in my heart. There WAS a time when Mickey games meant awesomeness. Maybe this will bring that awesome back. The concept art looked "epic" enough.
wink.gif

Paint brush eh? How about making the villain the Phantom Blot? If you know who i'm talking about, you're hardcore! lol

Apparently the game is about old Disney characters wanting revenge against Mickey, so.. it's possible that he'll be there!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRM_pe7IZeQ