[Error] Nintendont + WiiFlow

Southpaw_Wusky

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hopping back into Wii modding after years of hiatus so some of this is new to me.

The issue tl;dr: Gamecube games do not load at all in WiiFlow from the HDD.
CheckForMultiGameAndRegion() failed: 1

What works:
Loading Gamecube games from the SD card, loading Wii games on SD card and HDD, and viewing all titles in WiiFlow
What doesn't work:
Loading Gamecube ISOs from the HDD

I am attempting to load an ISO file in usb1:\game directory\game[NTSC][gameid]
From what I've gathered, the filename is important and must include the game ID which I have verified is correct. This doesn't seem to matter when loading from the SD card because anything goes.

I have noticed that most people, err, nearly everybody uses USB Loader GX. I used to use that years ago, but could never get Gamecube games working through it correctly. This time around, I cannot get it to do ANYTHING correctly, it refuses to acknowledge any of my drives or games period, which is why I'm dead-set on using WiiFlow instead where at least most things work. I do not know if Nintendont or WiiFlow is to blame for this issue.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-05-16-01-14-18-34_965bbf4d18d205f782c6b8409c5773a4.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-05-16-01-14-18-34_965bbf4d18d205f782c6b8409c5773a4.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 3

Exidous

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My folder structure for Nintendont on USB is

usb:/games/(gamename) [(gameid)]/game.iso

That is, every gamecube game filename is game.iso, except for the multidisk ones.

Your issue might be something else, so just give that a shot with one iso as a test.

Southpaw_Wusky

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My folder structure for Nintendont on USB is

usb:/games/(gamename) [(gameid)]/game.iso

That is, every gamecube game filename is game.iso, except for the multidisk ones.

Your issue might be something else, so just give that a shot with one iso as a test.
Thank you for the input but that did not work this time unfortunately

Exidous

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it's a dated softmod, you may want to rehack it with Modmii. I see you're using a more modern version of Nintendont than I am, but it may be expecting/configured for a more modern cios than you have on your Wii.

I believe IOS 58 is the most updated vanilla USB 'driver' for Wii, and came with system menu 4.3, so if you're on an older system menu version and seeing USB problems that could be the issue.

If the cause is either of those, you address it with Modmii.

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hopping back into Wii modding after years of hiatus so some of this is new to me.

The issue tl;dr: Gamecube games do not load at all in WiiFlow from the HDD.
CheckForMultiGameAndRegion() failed: 1

What works:
Loading Gamecube games from the SD card, loading Wii games on SD card and HDD, and viewing all titles in WiiFlow
What doesn't work:
Loading Gamecube ISOs from the HDD

I am attempting to load an ISO file in usb1:\game directory\game[NTSC][gameid]
From what I've gathered, the filename is important and must include the game ID which I have verified is correct. This doesn't seem to matter when loading from the SD card because anything goes.

I have noticed that most people, err, nearly everybody uses USB Loader GX. I used to use that years ago, but could never get Gamecube games working through it correctly. This time around, I cannot get it to do ANYTHING correctly, it refuses to acknowledge any of my drives or games period, which is why I'm dead-set on using WiiFlow instead where at least most things work. I do not know if Nintendont or WiiFlow is to blame for this issue.
this is a usb issue with nintendont - more likely your usb device is not fast enough or is too fast. try using a different usb device.

the text in your picture tells you the problem. nintendon't couldn't load the image file (the games .iso). it even shows the path but unfortunately it is cut off to see the entire path or .iso filename.
if your iso is not corrupt and the path is correct and your usb device is formatted to FAT, most likely nintendont can't connect to your usb device.

i read one guy changed disc read speed limit in nintendont options but wiiflow doesn't give you the ability to change it.

by the way, reading and connecting to a SD card is easier and more compatible the a usb device. which explains why it works on SD for you. if your using the same files and same paths on usb, its most likely your usb device and you should try a different one.

Southpaw_Wusky

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this is a usb issue with nintendont - more likely your usb device is not fast enough or is too fast. try using a different usb device.

the text in your picture tells you the problem. nintendon't couldn't load the image file (the games .iso). it even shows the path but unfortunately it is cut off to see the entire path or .iso filename.
if your iso is not corrupt and the path is correct and your usb device is formatted to FAT, most likely nintendont can't connect to your usb device.

i read one guy changed disc read speed limit in nintendont options but wiiflow doesn't give you the ability to change it.

by the way, reading and connecting to a SD card is easier and more compatible the a usb device. which explains why it works on SD for you. if your using the same files and same paths on usb, its most likely your usb device and you should try a different one.
I check these in Dolphin to make sure they're not corrupt x3

Weirdly enough WiiFlow and nearly everything else has played nicer with the drive formatted as NTFS rather than exFAT, although I noticed Nintendont does specifically expect FAT. I did see the disc read speed come up a few times on the net but as you said that option is only directly in Nintendont, and USB Loader GX has it but not WiiFlow.

FWIW this is an ooold portable HDD, it's a WD Passport I think I honestly bought at Circuit City but it's seen minimal use since then. Just picked up a 256GB microSD card and am going to see how that performs instead, the HDD probably is just born a little too slow.

Exidous

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Weirdly enough WiiFlow and nearly everything else has played nicer with the drive formatted as NTFS rather than exFAT
I'm not surprised. Wii likes FAT32, 32k cluster size. Not exFAT. I didn't know anything on Wii even supported exFAT.

WiiBackupManager can format a usb hard drive appropriately, as well as split games for transfer (given 4GB filesystem size limit).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: updated ship of harkinian, gonna install some hd texture pack