eldorogon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hey there,

I've been having this same error (0xD8E08025) several times when trying to install a .cia game with FBI. I tried to install other CIAs and it worked just fine.
https://imgur.com/BeCoPfX

Is the problem coming from the .cia itself or something else? My console also has around 39k blocks left so I doubt the problem is the fact that I don't have enough space.
Any suggestions?

Reactions: Froej

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
According to other reports of this error, the problem likely has to do with your SD card. As a matter of troubleshooting, what happens when you try to install the CIA using a different SD card?

If using a different SD card works, then I would recommend backing up the contents of your old SD card and reformatting it.

eldorogon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
According to other reports of this error, the problem likely has to do with your SD card. As a matter of troubleshooting, what happens when you try to install the CIA using a different SD card?

If using a different SD card works, then I would recommend backing up the contents of your old SD card and reformatting it.

I've never had this kind of issue until now, but I can still install other games so wouldn't the problem come from the .cia file instead?
And also, I unfortunately don't have another SD card in my possession right now.

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've never had this kind of issue until now, but I can still install other games so wouldn't the problem come from the .cia file instead?
And also, I unfortunately don't have another SD card in my possession right now.
Get the rom again from a different place. That one could be a bad dump if the ncch header is inacurrent.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What happens when you try a CIA for this game from a different source?

It is possible you're only just now coming across a part of the SD card that is corrupted. It is also possible the SD card is fake and is not the correct size. If a new CIA from a different source does not work, I recommend backing up the contents of your SD card and reformatting the SD card.

Reactions: Alexander1970

eldorogon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Get the rom again from a different place. That one could be a bad dump if the ncch header is inacurrent.

I wish I could, but those roms are so difficult to find on internet - most of the websites leads to broken links or other things. And about that, a friend of mine told me that perhaps I should encrypt the rom again since the one I own was originally a decrypted .3ds that I converted into .cia using gm9. But maybe it's just nonsense.

What happens when you try a CIA for this game from a different source?

It is possible you're only just now coming across a part of the SD card that is corrupted. It is also possible the SD card is fake and is not the correct size. If a new CIA from a different source does not work, I recommend backing up the contents of your SD card and reformatting the SD card.

I actually deleted some old games I do not play anymore so I would be safe from any kind of space issue. But I can't deny the possibility of a problem coming from my SD card itself.

eldorogon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Update:
I backed up the content of my SD and tried to open the rom with Citra but it didn't work and Citra literally just crashed.
I guess the rom was the source of the problem after all.

The .3ds rom seems to work on Citra but not the .cia one.

Last edited by eldorogon,

eldorogon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I tried to convert the rom from .3ds to .cia with gm9 again and for some reason it worked this time.
Something probably went wrong during the first conversion.
Thanks for the help, though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/LM0Y6RWvcr8?si=RjMLNrx1TEX301g1 Already has cfw lol +1