ROM Hack RELEASE Final Fantasy VII: A New Threat [Switch Version]

NuadaXXX

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
yes u can use layeredfs but u need to make the png to tex and then import it to the right .lgp. and the patched LGP u can do in romfs in the right folder best is u do a romfs from the whole game first time. then u know where u have to place the files.

Remako do work have it testet but only with 1 stage its a lot of work for all stages. if not any release the redesigned remako verison thats i in the internet also capable for psx. but i cant find this version.

i test atm Menu Overhaul edited fonts do work but i think not mutch more.

Last edited by NuadaXXX,
Reactions: badman112

badman112

Trophies
XP
Country
yes u can use layeredfs but u need to make the png to tex and then import it to the right .lgp. and the patched LGP u can do in romfs in the right folder best is u do a romfs from the whole game first time. then u know where u have to place the files.

Remako do work have it testet but only with 1 stage its a lot of work for all stages. if not any release the redesigned remako verison thats i in the internet also capable for psx. but i cant find this version.

I am trying to use this https://captrobau.blogspot.com/2019/01/ff7-remako-hd-graphics-mod-beta-released.html will it work???
The reason i dont know is because no one has bothered to tell how to get these mods working. It seems like people are ignoring my post.

Last edited by badman112,

NuadaXXX

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
u can this mod use but u need to edit every PNG ALL..... and after resizing every png u need to use TexTool. and do all png to a .tex

u have 2 options to swap the .tex files in a .lgp

1. with makoureactor u can repleace all files in a .lgp

2. use from chaos the scripts make a Menu_Add/Magic_add/Battle_Add/flevel_add ect.. folder in the chaos folder and place all ur rdy .tex files / (or other files) in there and start lgp.edit

if u use the script version all files need to 100% same name. in the .lgp and the folder

Last edited by NuadaXXX,

Fewtch22

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
u can this mod use but u need to edit every PNG ALL..... and after resizing every png u need to use TexTool. and do all png to a .tex

u have 2 options to swap the .tex files in a .lgp

1. with makoureactor u can repleace all files in a .lgp

2. use from chaos the scripts make a Menu_Add/Magic_add/Battle_Add/flevel_add ect.. folder in the chaos folder and place all ur rdy .tex files / (or other files) in there and start lgp.edit

if u use the script version all files need to 100% same name. in the .lgp and the folder
Orrrrrr you can skip all of that and automate the entire process with this tool.

http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=18500.0

KinGTD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ohhh good god so no one is going to explain how to apply these mods????

This requires LayeredFS to work (SXOS currently broken as of v2.6.1). Example of where to place the files if you are using Atmosphere. (example, 0100A5B00BDC6000 is the titleid of FFVII)

root:\atmosphere\titles\0100A5B00BDC6000\romfs\[place your working folders and files here]

an example of my file path for the battle.lgp replacement below.. you basically have to find all your mods and place them in the correct path. I think many are doing it correctly but dont realize that they are on SXOS and the LayeredFS function is broken.

root:\atmosphere\titles\0100A5B00BDC6000\romfs\ff7\workingdir\data\battle\battle.lgp

badman112

Trophies
XP
Country
Orrrrrr you can skip all of that and automate the entire process with this tool.

http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=18500.0

I have downloaded the 4xcut app and i have read the guide but its not clear what i do with the .iro file or the extracted .iro.

This requires LayeredFS to work (SXOS currently broken as of v2.6.1). Example of where to place the files if you are using Atmosphere. (example, 0100A5B00BDC6000 is the titleid of FFVII)

root:\atmosphere\titles\0100A5B00BDC6000\romfs\[place your working folders and files here]

an example of my file path for the battle.lgp replacement below.. you basically have to find all your mods and place them in the correct path. I think many are doing it correctly but dont realize that they are on SXOS and the LayeredFS function is broken.

root:\atmosphere\titles\0100A5B00BDC6000\romfs\ff7\workingdir\data\battle\battle.lgp

I am using Sxos and i dont see the files in sxos. As for broken layeredFS i dont even know what that is this is why i was hoping someone puts a small tutorial out their.

I wonder if anyone has made a noob friendly hd remako mod for switch

KinGTD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if i understand it correctly (feel free to correct me if im wrong), LayeredFS is a functionality that allows the game to run mods off of the directory as a priority. Example is the battle file, even though it has the battle file in the main directory of the game, it runs the battle file from the LayeredFS direction first if it sees it and wont touch the main directory file. Regarding you not seeing the files in SXOS, the files wont be there unless you put it there manually. Download the file from OP on the first post, and place it in the folder below (you may have to create it if it isnt there). Again, it may not work for you since youre using SxOS

[root of switch SD card]:\sxos\titles\

badman112

Trophies
XP
Country
if i understand it correctly (feel free to correct me if im wrong), LayeredFS is a functionality that allows the game to run mods off of the directory as a priority. Example is the battle file, even though it has the battle file in the main directory of the game, it runs the battle file from the LayeredFS direction first if it sees it and wont touch the main directory file. Regarding you not seeing the files in SXOS, the files wont be there unless you put it there manually. Download the file from OP on the first post, and place it in the folder below (you may have to create it if it isnt there). Again, it may not work for you since youre using SxOS

[root of switch SD card]:\sxos\titles\

I got [root of switch SD card]:\sxos\titles\ this already their but it has my cheat folders in it. Is their no way to replace the pysical files within the game as people are saying it works. (I have no need for the original as i own this game on sevral platforms now including my phone.)
That way i wont need LayeredFS i can just play the game with all the working mods to make this game look alot better.

KinGTD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got [root of switch SD card]:\sxos\titles\ this already their but it has my cheat folders in it. Is their no way to replace the pysical files within the game as people are saying it works. (I have no need for the original as i own this game on sevral platforms now including my phone.)
That way i wont need LayeredFS i can just play the game with all the working mods to make this game look alot better.

the romFS folder for the mod will be placed along side the cheat folder. as for replacing the physical file, i have no clue how to do that. If you still want to use LayeredFS, i would suggest either switching to Atmosphere, OR dual boot SXOS alongside Atmosphere via Hekate.. see link below for tutorial

https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-from-sx-os-to-atmosphere.533337/

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

More details please. Remako is the last mod I want to add to my pack before releasing it. I’ll take the time to resize stuff and pack it up. What lgp file do the remako files go into and what size did you resize them to?

badman112

Trophies
XP
Country
the romFS folder for the mod will be placed along side the cheat folder. as for replacing the physical file, i have no clue how to do that. If you still want to use LayeredFS, i would suggest either switching to Atmosphere, OR dual boot SXOS alongside Atmosphere via Hekate.. see link below for tutorial

https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-from-sx-os-to-atmosphere.533337/

I still got alot to figure out i have a combination of a few mods. So i wont be doing anything with Atmosphere now.

Character + Enemy models, Menu and all back grounds.
Full map detailed and upscalled
All mingames upscalled
Music OST redone
All Summons and magic redone

Seen all this on youtube. It would be nice for someone to compile all this for the switch. I might attempt this if i figure out how to inject the files directly to the game.

More details please. Remako is the last mod I want to add to my pack before releasing it. I’ll take the time to resize stuff and pack it up. What lgp file do the remako files go into and what size did you resize them to?

Wow your a legend already dealing with all this.

Im going to try and covert my eshop FF7 to XCI and then try and replace files and see if that will work???

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Does this only work when the game is running in English? I have it in the correct folder but I can't seem to notice any differences. Is there any indication that this runs? How do I skip cutscenes for example? Which is listed as one of the features.
Or is layeredfs not working on SX 2.6.1?
Also tried in on Atmos and see no differences.

Last edited by wurstpistole,

KinGTD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does this only work when the game is running in English? I have it in the correct folder but I can't seem to notice any differences. Is there any indication that this runs? How do I skip cutscenes for example? Which is listed as one of the features.

Atmosphere works if you placed it in the correct folder

root:\atmosphere\titles\0100A5B00BDC6000\romfs\

make sure your mods are NOT placed on the root:\sxos\ folder if you are using atmosphere.

LayeredFS does not work on SX 2.6.1.

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Atmosphere works if you placed it in the correct folder

root:\atmosphere\titles\0100A5B00BDC6000\romfs\

make sure your mods are NOT placed on the root:\sxos\ folder if you are using atmosphere.

LayeredFS does not work on SX 2.6.1.
Yes, of course. I copied the dir to atmosphere/titles as well. I just don't know if the mod is running, I don't see any difference

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, there are different files for EN, JP, and a few other languages. If the patch was only applied to the EN files only the English version would have the changes.

ginryu

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

You sir are a hero! I'm eagerly waiting for the release!

Reactions: jjjexorcist

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, from the shows website?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They should've just made it a movie at 50 minutes
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    No from Paramount Plus or whatever it is
    +1
    Psi now has access to every streaming and cable channel out
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Eh I'd rather just download and delete is it already up on paramount?
    Yeah it's on now
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, why are most new south park episodes half hour specials?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Psionic Roshambo, let me get a Netflix account I've always been nice to you
    +1
    I made a honey pepper glazed turkey breast for dinner turned out pretty bomb
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We can Netflix and chill
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Nvm not half hour, but hour long
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Normal south park episodes are already half hour
    Got 2 free Xumo boxes they work pretty good
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm happy to get anything most series don't make it pass 6 seasons
    Except Stars and Encore those are being a bitch lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I may consider that onn pro box finally a media box with type A ;O
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, cuz the companies don't want em to
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No it's revenue and demand south park could argue has a bigger audience than family guy about the same
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Family guy is worth 300mill south parks worth 1Bill according to the interwebs
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, probably cuz family guy is more disliked compared to south park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It just does the same formula south park can press buttons without going overboard
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    And bc most of the family guy budget is spent on the voice actors rather than on the animation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Southpark could spend 30k on a animated dick and people would laugh at it
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    lol one prescription to Lizzo
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    who is lizzo?
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: who is lizzo?