Hacking FINALLY!!! A Fix for The October 23d update!!!

Wiiman99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
falcomainer said:
i was so f****d off when it didnt work, but then i ran IOS downgrader and it worked, NEVER FORGET TO RUN IOS DOWNGRADER AFETR CIOS DOWNGRADER, lemme know if it works after

Running IOS downgrader now
tongue.gif

Edit: Nope still doesnt work. Meh well nvm, gonna get rid of it and update, reinstall hbc and take it from there

falcomainer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wiiman99 said:
falcomainer said:
i was so f****d off when it didnt work, but then i ran IOS downgrader and it worked, NEVER FORGET TO RUN IOS DOWNGRADER AFETR CIOS DOWNGRADER, lemme know if it works after

tongue.gif

Edit: Nope still doesnt work. Meh well nvm, gonna get rid of it and update, reinstall hbc and take it from there
sorry i could be of no help, but i installed IOS36 via cios installer then dvdx, thats all i use HBC for

Wiiman99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
falcomainer said:
Wiiman99 said:
falcomainer said:

tongue.gif

sorry i could be of no help, but i installed IOS36 via cios installer then dvdx, thats all i use HBC for

Ah thats fine mate. I think i'm gonna wait it out until things get properly updated (like dvdx etc). Thanks for trying to help =]

shock44

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
meettomy.site
XP
Country
Samoa
Hey Wiiman99 let me know if you get it so you can install game wads again. Because I can't install wads either and I've downgraded with cios and ios.

shock44

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
meettomy.site
XP
Country
Samoa
Ok so after downgrading with cios and ios I installed ios36 wad with cios installer and after doing that i installed dvdx and that got it so any title deleter didnt come up with any errors anymore. So i deleted IOS51 and I still cant install game wads. Does anyone know another thing i should try doing?

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Plus since its a fix to repair not being able to install wads and u need cios_fix to get it working , it would be pointless to put this into a wad since you couldnt install it until after you had everything you needed anyway....

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dan_Aykroyd said:
@noob: Just letting you know that I'm here refreshing the page waiting for your cios_fix v6 and/or waninkoko's cIOS as a WAD
cool.gif

I had my car break down, and am trapped elsewhere currently, no joke. I need a new alternater...actually just a new car...so take a break from waiting.

QUOTE(Arm the Homeless @ Oct 31 2008, 09:03 PM) BTW, since they contain Nintendo's code, you can't repost them as WADs.

there are a lot of conversations going on, so I am not sure who you are referring to right now, and Im tired cuz of me car, so if its something else, disregard, .....but not only do we have cIOS_fix posted everywhere.....and since he has IOS36 thats not really a big deal....but this is just basically a better version of that (cIOS_fix 2.0 if you will).....so I'll make it available, and the proverbial "they" can remove it if they want.

It's a much altered version anyway. Not to mention, pretty sure (99%) I saw it posted elsewhere in this same forum.
If you weren't talking about the wad I'm going to post/pm, then ignore everything I just said

peace out homies.

Dan_Aykroyd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
djtaz said:
Plus since its a fix to repair not being able to install wads and u need cios_fix to get it working , it would be pointless to put this into a wad since you couldnt install it until after you had everything you needed anyway....

Yes, but instead of installing the cios_fix provided (older), why not install the latest version that noob is going to post?

And also, about Waninkoko's own cIOS... the steps would involver installing THAT one instead of the cios_fix and the WAD manager would take it too!

Can pleaseeeeeee someone give me a straight answer about which is better; cios_fix.wad (Wiigator?) or cios by waninkoko? What does each one features that the other hasn't? Which is smaller in size (lighter)? etc, etc, etc.

Thanks again, good luck with the car man!

L3x1c0n

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I've read about 3/4 of the posts on this topic and I think I get a lot of it, however I still have a few questions:

If I choose to downgrade will my system be reset to 3.2 completely and if so will I be able to continue with the wii shop install workaround?

If in the future if I decide to upgrade will it be possible or do I need to perform additional steps before upgrading again?

What is the resulting consequence if I decide to not follow through with the actual downgrade and stop at the point where I can install wads again, will I still be able to upgrade at a later time or will I need to perform additional steps prior to upgrading once again?

What I would ideally like to have at the end of the process is a system that is on 3.2 where I can then install the wii shop workaround.

Thanks to everyone in advance for the reply.

Dan_Aykroyd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks noob! Should it work if I install it over the previos cios_fix.wad using the regular wad manager, or should I go to wad-manager16 and install it from there?

Also, can you tell me if this is "better" than Waninkoko's own cIOS?

Thanks again pal,

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it is v6, and it is the best one available at this point in time...may not work if installed over the previous, but try installing it with the IOS16 version, because the regular wad manager is accessing the IOS249 as you use it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/FdYTKAVSsXY?si=9E-2AU0JN-4hRZi3