porkiewpyne

Report-er
OP
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi, I just got an Acekard 2i recently and am still trying to get used to it. Since I am still using it on my DS lite, I believe it is not entirely necessary for me to use the latest firmware (1.4.3 now iirc) right? If so, which is the latest usable firmware that I should get if I don't want the bootup icon to be some Prince Caspian or Danny Phantom or Hello Kitty pic?

Is it Version 4.23?

Yes I read the wiki. I know the that we cannot change the icon in the latest firmware because we need to fool the DSi. But just out of curiousity, what exactly is the reason for that? I mean, technically, it SHOULD be possible to change the icon and replace the pseudo-ROM data with another ROM's icon and data right? Relax. Just wonderin'.

Sorry about the noobish questions but thanks in advance :P

EDIT: @Pong2030200: Oops my bad. I meant to say firmware for the Acekard 2i, not the DS lite. Yea I know it doesn't really matter but I want a firmware which doesn't automatically change my icon to the ones from Prince Caspian etc. I am looking for the firmware which allows me to display the acekard's icon itself (which should be out before 2009, just not too sure exactly which one it is) plus I don't feel like setting it to autoboot like my previous flashcart. Don't worry I know how to flash it to the latest firmware should I need to use it on a DSi or 3DS.

EDIT2: @ Geren: DOH!! Why didn't I think of that? Silly me. :D

@Pingouin7: Hmm that's interesting. Didn't know about that. Will look more into it.

@chaosdarkneo:

Does it really matter?

Somewhat.

The icon is there to fool the DSi/3DS.

I know. I read the wiki. Repeatedly. Heck I even mentioned that as well.

Seriously, if people are so picky about an icon they see for literally 3 seconds before they start using their flashcart, they have problems.

Relax. I was just exploring my options. It's like with any other customisation such as skinning and what not. Personal preference. After all, it can be done and I knew basically what I had to do, just needed confirmation on the exact firmware. It's not like I was asking for the non-existent [eg 3DS roms], the (currently) impossible [eg How to play GBA roms on Slot 1 flashcarts other than DSTWO], the already-answered-6-billion-times-and/or-highly-subjective-and-overly-general [ eg "best flashcart" and the above two] or the downright stupid [eg CAN YOU TELL ME WHERE TO DOWNLOAD ROMS?]. Then again, it's probably just my OCD.

As for the second part of my post, I was just curious. The explanations I got so far from googling did not answer it. In fact, the best ones were the wiki and one post in the forum iirc.

In any case, there are currently two ways proposed. First, downgrade the firmware to v4.23 and keep in mind to not use it in an updated DSi. Otherwise, use the psuedo-PassMe method.

Geren

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Spain
I also use the acekard in a old ds, and was wondering the same. It felt strange to boot it with the hello kitty icon, but what I do is to boot directly to the cart. You can do it by going into the ds system options and setting it in the right options. It's a pseudo pass-me :P

D

Deleted-236924

Now I'm wondering why the AK2i doesn't display a regular Acekard icon when in a DS/Lite.
I remember the DSTwo showing Fish Tycoon no matter what, but a firmware update made it so it would show Supercard DSTwo in a DS/Lite and Alex Rider in a DSi/3DS

chaosdarkneo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does it really matter?

The icon is there to fool the DSi/3DS.

If you don't want to see the icon, use the DS/Lite's option of a psuedo-PassMe.

Seriously, if people are so picky about an icon they see for literally 3 seconds before they start using their flashcart, they have problems.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol