iDarkTrace

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
mattesno1 said:
iDarkTrace said:
How EXACTLY can I run the application? If I don't have HBC, how can I run it?
frown.gif

If you still have a cIOS installed (like IOS250 or any Hermes v5) and have a forwarder channel installed on your wii, you could replace the dol your forwarder loads with any other dol you want to run, and use the channel to load it.

Okay, so despite the update I can STILL install Hermes v5 or an cIOS? Hmm, I'm going to try it out. I'll be back with the results if possible.
closedeyes.gif

iDarkTrace

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
QUOTE said:
Okay, so despite the update I can STILL install Hermes v5 or an cIOS? Hmm, I'm going to try it out. I'll be back with the results if possible.

Ugh... never mind.
Can't get Hermes v5 without HBC.
And I'm not too sure how I'm going to install a cIOS without a loader ><

That pops another question: How many other loaders are there?

mattesno1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
What I suggested is only possible if you hacked your Wii prior to the update.
Did you install any cIOS before the update?
Did you install a Forwarder Channel to any homebrew application before you updated?

if you answer both with yes than you can do something.

iDarkTrace

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
mattesno1 said:
What I suggested is only possible if you hacked your Wii prior to the update.
Did you install any cIOS before the update?
Did you install a Forwarder Channel to any homebrew application before you updated?

if you answer both with yes than you can do something.

LOL, in that case. I have to wait for a new HackMii Installer and an upgraded HBC. I hope they crack this thing fast =o

SFS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I just updated my Wii using the Firmware Updater, without errors, but something went wrong: the disc channel doesn't recognize my games anymore and my modchip is useless! How i can revert it?

PS: Sorry for my bad english, i'm brazilian.

airline38

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
SFS said:
I just updated my Wii using the Firmware Updater, without errors, but something went wrong: the disc channel doesn't recognize my games anymore and my modchip is useless! How i can revert it?

4.3U (or 4.3J) only can recognize USA game (or JPN game) .
What's your modchip ? My D2Ckey is still working (for the same zone of game).

What's the original version of your Wii (before using updater 4.3b) ? You can
use wad manager to install your original version SM+IOS to go back to the original
version. The other way is if you have BootMii/boot2 with NAND backup , just simply
use BootMii to retrieve your NAND backup.

Good Luck !!

SFS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
airline38 said:
SFS said:

4.3U (or 4.3J) only can recognize USA game (or JPN game) .
What's your modchip ? My D2Ckey is still working (for the same zone of game).

What's the original version of your Wii (before using updater 4.3b) ? You can
use wad manager to install your original version SM+IOS to go back to the original
version. The other way is if you have BootMii/boot2 with NAND backup , just simply
use BootMii to retrieve your NAND backup.

Good Luck !!

My chip is D2CKey, and the original version is 4.2u Waninkoko (My Wii's region is U).

But how Wad Manager can restore the original version of my Wii? And Bootmii is installed as IOS, I can't install as boot2.

iDarkTrace

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
QUOTE said:
you people are forgetting that smashstack still works as well... and there IS a Japanese SSBB

But the exploit ONLY works for USA SSBB, read more plz. >_>
I got the JAP SSBB yesterday (downloaded and burned) and tested out the exploit. After moving all the custom stages, it freezes when you attempt going inside the Stage Builder.

What I did:
-> Moved Custom Stages to SD Card
-> Moved exploit stage to SMBJ (still have one in SMBE)
-> Booted Wii
-> Start SSBB (JAP VERSION)
-> Stage Builder
-> FREEZES

It loads for a second or two then it freezes. Not everyone has NTSC-U Wiis guys
frown.gif
Support the PALs and JAPs too
frown.gif

Gassy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My firmware updater 4.3b is failing. I do a network install, patch option, and during the downloading EULA (USA) portion, it gets an error with a return code of -1. This is happening on a consistant basis. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Riicky

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gassy said:
My firmware updater 4.3b is failing. I do a network install, patch option, and during the downloading EULA (USA) portion, it gets an error with a return code of -1. This is happening on a consistant basis. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

free up some blocks of memory

TheWon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
iDarkTrace said:
QUOTE said:
you people are forgetting that smashstack still works as well... and there IS a Japanese SSBB

But the exploit ONLY works for USA SSBB, read more plz. >_>
I got the JAP SSBB yesterday (downloaded and burned) and tested out the exploit. After moving all the custom stages, it freezes when you attempt going inside the Stage Builder.

What I did:
-> Moved Custom Stages to SD Card
-> Moved exploit stage to SMBJ (still have one in SMBE)
-> Booted Wii
-> Start SSBB (JAP VERSION)
-> Stage Builder
-> FREEZES

It loads for a second or two then it freezes. Not everyone has NTSC-U Wiis guys
frown.gif
Support the PALs and JAPs too
frown.gif

I'm with you on that, but then I have 3 Wiis. So as long as I have HBC on 2 of them I'm fine!

Everlasting Nigh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SFS said:

I noticed when I have Waninkoko's 4.2 Firmware installed, backup discs appear on the disc channel as if it's reading the real game..when I updated to his 4.3 firmware, backup games stopped appearing in the Disc Channel.

airline38

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
[/quote]

My chip is D2CKey, and the original version is 4.2u Waninkoko (My Wii's region is U).

But how Wad Manager can restore the original version of my Wii? And Bootmii is installed as IOS, I can't install as boot2.
[/quote]

If you can run wad manager , you can install 4.2U system menu (use NUS Downloader to download 4.2U
system menu wad file) then your system should be back to 4.2U. (suppose you still have IOS70
in your machine)

Richardarkless

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi I used this guide (http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=171901) to get everything working and have installed usb loader gx (runs through the homebrew channel), if I use this updater to update to 4.3 Europe will all those stuff still work, I want to keep the system updated so my family doesnt have a problem playing any future games that need this firmware

iDarkTrace

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Richardarkless said:
Hi I used this guide (http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=171901) to get everything working and have installed usb loader gx (runs through the homebrew channel), if I use this updater to update to 4.3 Europe will all those stuff still work, I want to keep the system updated so my family doesnt have a problem playing any future games that need this firmware

Everything should still work. ASLONG as you updating through Waninkoko's updater, you'll have a nice "v4.3 Wanin" (I think that is what others said lol.) on the top right side of your system settings menu and still be able to play your games.
biggrin.gif

Richardarkless

Trophies
XP
Country
iDarkTrace said:
Richardarkless said:

Everything should still work. ASLONG as you updating through Waninkoko's updater, you'll have a nice "v4.3 Wanin" (I think that is what others said lol.) on the top right side of your system settings menu and still be able to play your games.
biggrin.gif

Ok thanks, can someone tell me the steps that need to be done to update to 4.3 using this updater as up until now ive been using the official updates and then using tools like bannerbomb to get the homebrew channel

ATM im on the border between sticking with 4.2 until there is a game that needs 4.3 and using this tool now to update to 4.3

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @BakerMan Make me a space cake plz
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I make rum cake for 4th July every year, I make it a week prior and then soak it in rum in the fridge all week. I flip the cake each day, and add little more rum, it soaks it up everyday, so good.
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sorry, idk what you mean by a space cake, and even if i did, i'm not really taking requests right now, because otherwise people will get mad at me for taking a request but not making a birthday cake for @Xdqwerty (i'm sorry for that btw bro)
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @BakerMan lies, you just want to smoke it

:rofl2:
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Guess all the food in my fridge can knock out a cow or two
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I should visit Florida again, miss the alligator barbecues
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me and wifey was deciding on our next vacation, so I hung up a map on the wall, and give her a dart and said, wherever you hit, we will go. She threw the dart and it missed the map completely and fell into a trash can below on floor. So I said "ok Florida it is."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @ZeroT21 ohhh a pot cake?
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Gimme some of dat
    +4
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    oh yeah i don't use weed,in my baking or in general
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    besides isn't it usually gummies or brownies?
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    So, make a "New Trend"
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i just said i don't use weed
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You can add it in anything really, you can even make a butter/oil with it, then use that oil in anything
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    besides i'm literally a minor and neurodivergent, so telling me to make a cake with cannabis is traumatizing me, ur cancelled buddy /s/srs
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    (nah jk i'm just parodying those "i'm literally a minor and neurodivergent" mfs on twitter)
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Michigan has legal rec, so you only have few more years, is it 18 or 21 up there? 21 here in Ohio.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    prob 21, idk tho
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Guess I'll go with plan B and make a Rum Vanilla flavored ice cream
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That sounds damn good.
    Nah. Tequila maybe
    That, or Old No. 7
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm ashamed to ask, but what is old no 7?
    Jack Daniels
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Oh yea, duh
    +1
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Oh yea, duh +1