Hacking FULL de-bricker coming ??

stev418

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well this shows that there is definitely hope for all those that have full bricks out there, I know ill have one ordered if they start producing them. Read more about from hackmii.com

no need for modded wii, no need for starfall, sounds like great news
smile.gif

Wii Recovery Dongle

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIzNfVm54vk

mcj

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Since most people will not read the hackmii article, I'll copy/paste it here

Wii Recovery Dongle
September 4th, 2008 by marcan · No Comments

Apparently tehskeen took a month-old video, coupled it with a paragraph of reality and a paragraph of rampant speculation and nonsense, and made it into a news story. This is undoubtedly going to spread around as these things do, so I’m going to stop it dead in its tracks.

It’s not a pandora battery. It won’t help custom firmwares. It has nothing to do with upgrading or downgrading IOS. It has limitations. It only helps with certain very specific cases.

I’ll post details about it when the time comes, since it’s certainly useful to fix certain types of bricks, but for now don’t believe any random nonsense that you hear about it.

ED: tehskeen now replaced the second paragraph.

lolsjoel

Trophies
Website
www.0RANGECHiCKEN.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Who cares if it doesn't do anything special. All people need in an unbricker is *gasp* the ability to unbrick! And if he can get so far as the recovery menu already, then I imagine his dongle will do just that when he's finished. So good news to all of you with banner bricks. Follow this story closely.

stev418

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
arctic_flame said:
loesjoel said:
Who cares if it doesn't do anything special. All people need in an unbricker is *gasp* the ability to unbrick!

Someone has to write an unbricker first.

not really, those of us with 'bad' banner bricks just need something to get to the recovery menu ....then we fix by using wadmanager, or wahtever else is needed

weiff

Trophies
XP
Country
I'd like to point out that the video really proves nothing... they don't show the system after the dongle is removed. Plus it can't be too bricked if the menu loads...

linkinworm

Trophies
XP
Country
god, why has everyone ONLY just seen this, tehsckeen mades some news post and suddenly this thing can open the wii to everything like homebrew and backup loaders and everything else under the sun, look at its post date people, its like 4 month old maybe older

FGOD

Wii gaming bitch
Trophies
Website
www.familievermeylen.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
linkinworm said:
god, why has everyone ONLY just seen this, tehsckeen mades some news post and suddenly this thing can open the wii to everything like homebrew and backup loaders and everything else under the sun, look at its post date people, its like 4 month old maybe older

if you would have looked you would have seen that the movie is only 1 month old... 8th of august...

Dr Eggman

I am THE Eggman.
Trophies
Website
facebook.com
XP
Country
Canada
Well, the hackmii.com article was updated, explaining everything.

Also, offtopic: If I install Starfall's recovery function, will my Wii be Brick proof? I have the twilight hack installed. Because if it would be made brick proof then i will install it ASAP.

linkinworm

Trophies
XP
Country
FGOD said:
linkinworm said:

if you would have looked you would have seen that the movie is only 1 month old... 8th of august...

i was being retorical(i have posted in that vid almost a month ago, so u know)

Posts merged

QUOTE(Dr Eggman @ Sep 5 2008, 01:54 AM)
Well, the hackmii.com article was updated, explaining everything.

Also, offtopic: If I install Starfall's recovery function, will my Wii be Brick proof? I have the twilight hack installed. Because if it would be made brick proof then i will install it ASAP.
depends on the brick, if it was a region system error, then theres nothing you can do for now untill we can boot elfs with this boot menu or something like that

SanGor

Witchhunter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
what's a region system error ?
As long as your Systemmenu's main.dol is ok (and boot0,1,2 and the IOS the systemmenu uses) the recovery menu will work.
The easiest way to use it, is to install the twilight hack and then use zelda to execute code.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Mobile app is such absolute dogshit, I haven't used it in SO long
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah mobile versions better people don't think about how apps are just shrunken down websites
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Could be the phone connection etc I've mostly been fine with the app
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Regardless fuck bezos
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Agreed. Crazy how both seeking a job at Amazon, and subsequently quitting Amazon, are both some of the best decisions I've ever made
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did someone loose a leg? You're fired
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ffs 55gb patch for hogwarts legacy
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Teslas are prob running Windows XP to this day.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    sometimes I wonder where I went wrong and why I'm so dissatisfied with my life
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Then I find myself arguing with someone on reddit about how blatantly wrong their understanding of the USB Power Delivery specification is.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    At 1 AM.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Where did I go wrong, again? 😕
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Sicklyboy, What do you mean?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, always blame women
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Blame woke.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Blame society.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Woke isn't part of society they woke up from it
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    *spends years yelling "wake up sheeple"
    *acts shocked when they actually wake up
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Make up your mind.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You mean the government doesn't care? :(
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have no idea what you're talking about.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The government
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/clip/Ugkx4pNi-wvHyf8vhDN0x06Wf8J7aIgx_Hdp