Hacking Game Updates on N3DS?

s3phir0th115

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi Everyone,

I've got some questions after doing some searching. Here's what I currently understand, but please correct me if I'm wrong.

• Being a N3DS, it can only do emunand up to 9.5
  • eShop cannot be accessed without latest emunand, which is only functional on O3DS.

So, this yields a few questions:

• Is there a way to get game updates without emunand? Like from NUS or something? I can't play games online without being on their latest updates, and now when I've launched games, they only want to do updates by going to the eShop, which won't load without updating.
  • I also have an O3DS that's on an older 4.5 firmware. Would setting up emunand on that and getting updates on it allow me to copy updates from it to the N3DS? From the research I did, it doesn't, but I figured I'd make sure: https://gbatemp.net/threads/game-updates-from-9-4-x-2ds-to-9-2-x-3ds.377544/
  • Is there any seminal information on firmware spoofing?
Thanks for any information you can lend on this. I've been reading for a few hours and haven't found anything conclusive for much of this.

s3phir0th115

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you so much guys! I've installed FBI as well as freemultipatcher, and that did the trick! It got updates for stuff fine and I'm able to get online.

Something I don't see much information on, but I figure I'll make sure. Are these patches in memory? That is, on shutdown they will need to be run again to work? That's the impression I currently have, but wanted to make sure I understand correctly.

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you so much guys! I've installed FBI as well as freemultipatcher, and that did the trick! It got updates for stuff fine and I'm able to get online.

Something I don't see much information on, but I figure I'll make sure. Are these patches in memory? That is, on shutdown they will need to be run again to work? That's the impression I currently have, but wanted to make sure I understand correctly.
Thats correct its a temporary patch but only takes 3s seconds to run anyways :P

Reactions: s3phir0th115

VerseHell

Trophies
XP
Country
France
It won't work if you installed the cia update first, even if you delete it. We already talked about that in the first page of the fmp thread.

Reactions: peteruk

s3phir0th115

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thats correct its a temporary patch but only takes 3s seconds to run anyways :P

Cool, that's fine by me.

Thanks much for the information! I started out on the original 3DS, then took an extended break and ultimately got a new 3DS because it solved the camera issues I was having. But take a break a few months and there will be tons of updates, just like the Wii scene in it's prime.

Guess I can finally redeem my Humble Bundle from a few months back, can't complain there. :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbSORc_3_Yw