Hacking GameCube NTSC and 2 games per disc

Livin in a box

Livin' in a cardboard box
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Question 1:

I've got Super Mario Sunshine NTSC. I've got a PAL system with WiiKey on 1.9s. I've never used a Cinfig disc on it, so i'm taking it that Region Free is turned off.
What do I need to do to run it on my system? I was told that I needed to use GCOS, but I don't want to waste my precious discs on things that I don't need to do.

Question 2:

I heard somewhere on this forum that there was a way of putting 2 GC games on one disc. How would I go about doing that?

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
GCOS is the solution to both your questions. It can take care of the regionfree stuff, and it's also a launcher menu for multi-game discs.
Download MultiGame ISO Creator v3.2.4F+
That's the application that can create your multi-iso
On a normal single layer DVD, you can put 3 Gamecube games. Even more if you shrink them, but not all games like being shrunk

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
it's gamecube mode, so it has nothing to do with homebrew channel
on your pc you use the application mentioned above to create a multi-game iso. You burn this to a dvd.
then when you boot it, you wii will recognize it as a gamecube disc. when you load it, you'll see a menu which lets you choose the game you want to play

Livin in a box

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
kedest said:
it's gamecube mode, so it has nothing to do with homebrew channel
on your pc you use the application mentioned above to create a multi-game iso. You burn this to a dvd.
then when you boot it, you wii will recognize it as a gamecube disc. when you load it, you'll see a menu which lets you choose the game you want to play
Where can I download it? Is there a specific PAL version or will it run on any region Wii?

Livin in a box

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
kedest said:
That's a Gameboy (Color) and Advance Emulator for the homebrew channel
Oh, I don't want that. I've just got the thing, so I guess i'm all sorted. I want Luigi's Mansion and Super Mario Sunshine...and maybe more, but I don't know what.

Livin in a box

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
NeSchn said:
I just burn one gamecube game to one disk. I don't like to get myself confused with this stuff.
If I can get more than one on a disc, then I will. It's not that hard anyway. The PC application is really easy to use. Luigi's Mansion and Super Mario Sunshine and (hopefully) F-Zero GX on one disc.

EDIT:

I have a PAL TV, but will playing NTSC games on my Wii make he game play in black and white? I know the TV that I have has an option to display the picture in PAL, NTSC 4,(something) and NTSC 3,(something). I really hope it doesn't...Super Mario Sunshine needs colour, god damn it!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ this brought me joy (yes it's a rickroll)