Hacking Gateway 3DS Compatibility List [Updated Apr 5, 2014]

Loaded

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Updated the OP with 7.1 emuNAND and Gateway 2.0b2 compatibility details. Also added a quick guide at the top to display the current status of hackable firmwares. Cyan, do you mind changing the title again to say "Gateway 3DS Compatibility List [Updated Dec 27, 2013]"? Thanks!

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
So I have just bought a Gateway but my 3DS is on 7.0 something. Will it not work at all?, its coming Monday morning. Is there anyway to downgrade your FW? I'm gutted I have just spend 50 odd quid on it and sold like 5 games to pay for it second hand! Anyone wanting to know who can help I bought one when they first came out, its a blue small 3DS but I have upgraded the FW is there nothing I can do?

It says on there thread:-

What's new?

* Many stability improvements over previous beta release
* Full support for firmware 7.1 (including saving and emunand GW3D indicator, et

Bimmel

~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
So I have just bought a Gateway but my 3DS is on 7.0 something. It will not work at all?.is there anyway to downgrade your FW? I'm gutted I have just spend 50 odd quid on it and sold like 5 games to ;pay for it second hand!
To tell you the truth - yes. And no, there is no way to downgrade.

You should have read more before blindly buying that card. :mellow:

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
You think something might happen in the near future with new firmware?. I wont be updating my FW again! Shame I'm gutted really they should put it more clearly on there thread not just say Full Support for FW 7.1, that is what gets your attention!

Bimmel

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
It could be possible that the gateway-team find another exploit .. or they go down before that.

Another solution: Sell your old 3DS and buy a new one with a lower firmware.

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
I have an original copy of Mario Kart when it first came out would that help at all?

Getting a system lower than 4.1 up to 4.1-4.5 can safely be done by running a
3DS original game released between January 2013 and June 2013. (Please double
check the system version update message to ensure nothing above 4.5)

Bimmel

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
You think something might happen in the near future with new firmware?. I wont be updating my FW again! Shame I'm gutted really they should put it more clearly on there thread not just say Full Support for FW 7.1, that is what gets your attention!
I think they did this on purpose to lure some customers in their coffin.. ahm I mean to buy their card.

Why.. what has a retail game to do with this? I dont get it, please explain.

Bimmel

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
That is indeed correct, but think for a minute.

If you already are at 7.0, then even Mario cant help you out of this.

To put it easy: The game itself updates only if you are UNDER the firmware needed.

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm reading up on this Nand thing. I have had an SD card in my 3DS since day one, will a back up of my old Firmware be backed up on my SD card anywhere at all?. What do I look for in my SD card to find out? What file? Sorry I am new to this, can kind person point me in the rite direction for this please.

qUaK3R

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm reading up on this Nand thing. I have had an SD card in my 3DS since day one, will a back up of my old Firmware be backed up on my SD card anywhere at all?. What do I look for in my SD card to find out? What file? Sorry I am new to this, can kind person point me in the rite direction for this please.

No, you don't have a nand backup. The only way to backup your nand (with a previous and necessary firmware) is either through hardware soldering, or if you used a gateway (or clone) to do so, but wither one of them, only possible while using 4.1~4,5 OFW. There's currently no way to downgrade it for people who don't have the necessary nand backup, and there's still no exploit found (if it even exists) for newer firmware.

So, my blunt answers, while blunt, they were honest. You can either sell the gateway, or wait for a new exploit to be discovered (IF it will ever be discovered). Or, try to buy a new 3DS with the necessary firmware. There's a thread here in gbatemp that tells how to find one.

alexenochs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im also going to put it bluntly a second time because this person doesn't seem to get the fact that they cant use the gateway card you will more than likely NEVER see gateway cards running on 7.0 hell i doubt it will ever get past 5.0 if it does i doubt it will be anytime soon the chances of this working on 7.0 is extremely low because the gateway card was out at 6.2 which means nintendo got their hands on one and updated their firmware to block cards such as this don't count on ever seeing a gateway run on your 3ds unless someone makes a way to downgrade your firmware on current versions of the system firmware without the need of a nand backup

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
I have just gone done UK CEX and swapped my original 3DS for another 3DS a mint one at that so very happy cost me £10.00 extra to do it but with FW 4.5, now I presume all 4.5 work mine says something like:- Ver 4.5.0-6E is that OK? I just need an answer please, I am new to this I'm not trying to be smug about it and think I have been clever I just want some friendly help. Thank you.

Has anyone got a link on GBATemp to tell me step by step how to go to the 7.1 Gateway FW please. Do you need to run step 1 Gateway Installer Card first and then go back in to run the Tap L on DS Profile to run the GW3DS 7.1 Custom Firmware or can you just run the Tap L DS Profile GW3DS 7.1 CFW option first anyway?, does it matter? I want to do this step first before I start using the Red card and have an upto date 7.1 CFW on it so no mistakes happen, I have the Parental lock on so it wont update but I will feel much happier when the CFW 7.1 is on it!.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @MysticStarlight, and oh i was talking about ups
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    No not that one
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Surge protectors are what i was talking about
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yea I got confused for a bit
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @Xdqwerty literally juan:
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    On the series s/x you can use a external HD but any next gen games must be on your internal ssd, or you can buy a ssd expansion card, but pricey. Any xbone, 360, or og Xbox games can be played from external tho.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Series §€×
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Insert **** here
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What a tiny memory card
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Rumble packs are important
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure it's fully charged
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I remember someone made a vibrating Wiimote homebrew lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Well you and bigonya love to sword fight your wiimotes
    +3
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    classic controller funky kong flame runner is overrated, i prefer wii wheel wario flame runner
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i returned
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm happy its first person.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    All big titles should offer first and 3rd person it's been a thing since like gtaV
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing Killer Clowns from Outer Space all day, is pretty fun. Basically Friday 13th but with clowns. One of my favorite b rated movies from way back.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, is it a game or a movie? get decided!
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its a game based off the old movie
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's a down scene with slow drums
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh cool that Bodycam games out
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ratings for it are calling it bad, but it looks cool. Damn 48/100 rating.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Ratings for it are calling it bad, but it looks cool. Damn 48/100 rating.