Hacking GBA Expansion or EZflash 3-in-1

Fat D

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
you need the softreset.M3DS file (or how is it called), which is basically a hardware dump of the M3.

Fat D

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
you need one of Rudolph's NDS bakcup tools to dump your M3. That .nds file you need to rename to "SoftReset.M3DS" and put it into the root. Then, you can press R again in NOR mode, which allows you to access "Expansion Mode". Select Expansion RAM and you have a 16MB GBA Expansion Cartridge. For playing GBA games I suggest using the native support of ExpLoader, though.

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
shiroitaka said:
i take it i need to run exploader then soft reset it with that file whereever it is and then it shows up?
GBA EXPloader uses that file to soft-reset.
and the rumble&ram features can't be activated unless you can soft-reset.

hard-resetting would cut power from the 3 in 1, disabling the ram and rumble features.

shiroitaka

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cool thanks for all the help i feel so n00bish
smile.gif

prism1029

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure how to make a dump of my M3 with the NDS backup tool, can someone help me?

This is the version I downloaded NDS Backup Tool 3in1 v0.31 (2008/1/29)

I know how to backup saves of my NDS games, but I can't figure out how to backup the M3.

AXYPB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Before starting, use the GBA Exploader to backup the SRAM for the game in NOR memory if you have one loaded. The process requires the NOR memory to be erased.
[*]Press R twice to open the ROM Backup function and press B to start.[*]The program will tell you to remove the Slot-1 card and insert a DS game. Remove the M3 Real and re-insert it. Press A and after a few seconds you will be told to turn off the DS. Do so and open the NDS Backup Tool again.[*]Press A to save the dump in the NDS_Backup folder. Turn off the DS and plug the MicroSD card to your computer.[*]Open the NDS_Backup folder and rename the dumped ROM "SoftReset.M3DS" and move it to the root of your card.

prism1029

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AXYPB said:
Before starting, use the GBA Exploader to backup the SRAM for the game in NOR memory if you have one loaded. The process requires the NOR memory to be erased.[*]Press R twice to open the ROM Backup function and press B to start.[*]The program will tell you to remove the Slot-1 card and insert a DS game. Remove the M3 Real and re-insert it. Press A and after a few seconds you will be told to turn off the DS. Do so and open the NDS Backup Tool again.[*]Press A to save the dump in the NDS_Backup folder. Turn off the DS and plug the MicroSD card to your computer.[*]Open the NDS_Backup folder and rename the dumped ROM "SoftReset.M3DS" and move it to the root of your card.

Thanks.

shiroitaka

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
AXYPB said:
Before starting, use the GBA Exploader to backup the SRAM for the game in NOR memory if you have one loaded. The process requires the NOR memory to be erased.[*]Press R twice to open the ROM Backup function and press B to start.[*]The program will tell you to remove the Slot-1 card and insert a DS game. Remove the M3 Real and re-insert it. Press A and after a few seconds you will be told to turn off the DS. Do so and open the NDS Backup Tool again.[*]Press A to save the dump in the NDS_Backup folder. Turn off the DS and plug the MicroSD card to your computer.[*]Open the NDS_Backup folder and rename the dumped ROM "SoftReset.M3DS" and move it to the root of your card.

Cool all done now i confused myself something silly by downloading the wifi back up tool and trying to figure that out until i realised there was a normal version
smile.gif
a very blonde day yesterday! lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/qv96JYhfAuA?si=_PN4PTWfj5BWI9wk