Homebrew GBARunner2

Some1TGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi all,

I've been out of the emu world for awhile, please be kind (Eli5)..

I have a DSi running R4i card (1.4.3 r4i-sdhc upgrade revolution) that had timebomb, I erased and formatted with SDFormatter (full overwrite, size adjustment on) but this failed..standard Win OS formatted then loaded YSMenu and GBARunner2 I'm having a couple of issues..

YSMenu - This seems to work as expected for 1 of 2 games tested, except for Pokemon Platinum errcode=-81

GBARunner2 - I tried DSi version first, this opens with the nicer UI but gives a SCFG error
DS version opens with older system menu style and will open gba roms, I see the GBC splash screen then it goes white & black

Looking for advice on how to fix (not sure if I'm running the correct versions?)
My old stock R4i card had moonmemo, moonshl2 & R4iMenu which give timebomb error if used, YSMenu only works without those dirs.

AkikoKumagara

The Coolest Bear Around
Trophies
Website
thebearsden.web.fc2.com
XP
Country
United States
Ah yeah, don't forget to run "make clean" before switching to a different branch, I also had some issues before because of the makefile differences btw.
Yeah, it still isn't working for me. Tried both `git switch` and `git checkout` for branch change, too. Not really sure what the issue could be at this point.

Gericom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yeah, it still isn't working for me. Tried both `git switch` and `git checkout` for branch change, too. Not really sure what the issue could be at this point.
Did you make sure to put the config files on your sd card? I think I added the emerald config file in the cache-hicode branch.

Last edited by Gericom,
  • Love
Reactions: AkikoKumagara

AkikoKumagara

The Coolest Bear Around
Trophies
Website
thebearsden.web.fc2.com
XP
Country
United States
Did you make sure to put the config files on your sd card? I think I added the emerald config file in the cache-hicode branch.
Nope! That's probably the issue then. Thanks!

Edit: Yep... that was it. Silly me :rofl2:
I rely a lot on documentation and the repo doesn't really have instructions yet so naturally this would happen to me.

Last edited by AkikoKumagara,

Gericom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Nope! That's probably the issue then. Thanks!

Edit: Yep... that was it. Silly me :rofl2:
I rely a lot on documentation and the repo doesn't really have instructions yet so naturally this would happen to me.
Yeah I should definitely be adding a readme to the repo 😅
But nice that it works now

Kentaroh

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello! i got a DSI XLL with r4 and gba emulator, but Final Fantasy 6 advance stay in white screen, can help me with any guide? im newbie xD

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello! i got a DSI XLL with r4 and gba emulator, but Final Fantasy 6 advance stay in white screen, can help me with any guide? im newbie xD
Make sure the GBA BIOS is in the "_gba" folder on the SD root, and is named "bios.bin". If it already exists, then wait for GBARunner3 to release.

Reactions: fmhugo

HK$

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
I found that some game's saving don't work with GBARunner3. Mr.driller2 as an example.
Maybe sram patch doesn't work in GBARunner3?

And if I run some games with GBARunner3, then run them with GBARunner2, GBARunner2 will stop working with a message 'save file too small'.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found that some game's saving don't work with GBARunner3. Mr.driller2 as an example.
Maybe sram patch doesn't work in GBARunner3?

And if I run some games with GBARunner3, then run them with GBARunner2, GBARunner2 will stop working with a message 'save file too small'.
SRAM is currently not supported in GBARunner3 yet. It'll be supported later on.

Marvin28

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello friends,

I brought an old DS Lite back to life and converted it into a Macro.
I used to like playing Mario Bros 3 and installed it on the R4 card with YS and GBARunner 2.
Unfortunately I have graphical errors in the game when the life bar opens. I have already tested it on my DSI and there is the same error. I checked the ROM on my PC and it works perfectly.
can someone help me?

Attachments

• IMG_6862.png
    IMG_6862.png
    8.1 MB · Views: 27
  • IMG_6863.png
    IMG_6863.png
    7.8 MB · Views: 28

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello friends,

I brought an old DS Lite back to life and converted it into a Macro.
I used to like playing Mario Bros 3 and installed it on the R4 card with YS and GBARunner 2.
Unfortunately I have graphical errors in the game when the life bar opens. I have already tested it on my DSI and there is the same error. I checked the ROM on my PC and it works perfectly.
can someone help me?
GBARunner3 may possibly fix the graphical errors. Please wait for that to release.

HK$

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
The latest commit solved the sound crackling in golden sun 2. Can you include config for the japanese version (Ougon no Taiyou - Ushinawareshi Toki), or can I just copy and rename the AGFE00.json file to same file name to be used with the japanese version?

Gericom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The latest commit solved the sound crackling in golden sun 2. Can you include config for the japanese version (Ougon no Taiyou - Ushinawareshi Toki), or can I just copy and rename the AGFE00.json file to same file name to be used with the japanese version?
More configs will likely be added soon. Usually the addresses have a bit of a shift between different regions of a game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, the other game where I found newgrounds is new york shark
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Spoke to Tom Fulp the other day, if he can find his old Newgrounds site content like the mini Flash animations from the 2000's that played on the portal.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    So far no response, but he did say that he'll find them. Wayback Machine doesn't have em.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, atleast the 1999 versión of pico's school is avaliable (the difference between it, the 2006 versión and the 2016 versión is that the speed of the game depends of the speed of your computer and that it had the og soundtrack)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Another being Pico VS Bear, the original 1999 version before Jim Henson filed a DMCA takedown.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    The 2006 versión was made when the flash portal was made
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Many people thought it was lost, but was discovered that he hid it on the same page.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, although the "secrets" system where the game was has been removed. Also pico vs uberkids had a netplay versión that was shutdown, although the swf file has been found
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Nope. There are two download buttons on the same page, where you can download the original under a file called "bear.exe". "bear2.exe", however, is the updated game in a Flash projector. P.s. this was on the archived Pico page from 2000.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, That's been there for a long time, too. People who search for lost media don't look hard enough lmao.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, also the pico 2 demos used to be only for the newgrounds patrons but they are on internet archive too (https://archive.org/download/picos_school_2)
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Iirc the demos were removed from newgrounds in 2022
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, or well only the demo with mindchamber's style was on newgrounds
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Fun fact @SylverReZ: iirc one of the goals on the fnf Kickstarter stated that pico 2 would be finished but the Kickstarter didnt get enough money for that goal to be fullfiled
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, FNF sucks, their community is toxic as hell.
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ its a single player game
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @The Real Jdbye, Yea but it has a shitton of mods with their own songs and stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @The Real Jdbye, and quite a lot of people involved in those mods get cancelled
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Newgrounds wasn't the birth of FNF; rather, it was games where you beat up celebrities and parodies.
    +2
  • a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool:
    FNF was born from Game Jams
  • a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool:
    Specifically Ludum Dare 47
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, and Sonic fights a la dragón ball z
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: