Gaming GBC emulator for PSP that runs Metal Gear Solid?

omatic

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've tried both RIN and Masterboy 2.02, and neither can run Metal Gear: Ghost Babel (aka Metal Gear Solid for GBC) properly. Graphics become garbled and the game will freeze at a certain elevator. The same issue happens in Shantae, another GBC game (except for the elevator part). Is there an emu that doesn't have this problem?

MFDC12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what RIN did you try? homer's rin or the original rin?
if it was not homer's, i suggest you try that.

Advi

Trophies
Website
www.fletchowns.net
XP
Country
United States
Rule #1 of emulation: there is no emulation software that has perfect compatibility. If nothing works, re-download your ROM from your fav site. Otherwise this game might just be that one game that never works on an emulator.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
make sure you use Rin v1.32
not the newer versions

those are made by homer which were meant for 2.00 firmware when it was hacked back in the day
since the exploit was a bit restrictive

bascially: dumbed down ver of rin, glitchy/ ect...

MFDC12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Joe88 said:
make sure you use Rin v1.32
not the newer versions

those are made by homer which were meant for 2.00 firmware when it was hacked back in the day
since the exploit was a bit restrictive

bascially: dumbed down ver of rin, glitchy/ ect...

homer's rin is actually a lot better than the the regular rin. it has never failed me before, emulates games perfectly.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried homers rin

its not better at all
as I said, homers rin was made to run off the eLoader exploit for 2.00+ firmware
the functions are very restrictive

Rin v1.32 already runs everything perfect, gamestates, cheats, ect...

the eloader is long gone as well as 2.00 now, we have 1.50 homebrew capabilities in the latest firmware now (presuming you are on a phat PSP anyway), so I dont see a reason to run homers rin which is a hindered down ver of the original which also contains many bugs
I also do not get any sound in homer's rin when entering the menu

DarkPacMan77

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Joe88, Metal Gear Solid: Ghost Babel for the Gameboy Color is a difficult thing to emulate on the PSP for some reason. RIN v1.32 still has these goofy graphics issues and crashes I think, although you are correct about Homer's RIN having odd problems due to the fact that it was made for the eLoader on 2.00+ firmware initially.

What happens with the MGS game is that when enemies move they are sometimes changed into a distorted green garble. That's probably the most noticeable glitch early on. There is no fix that I know of yet and if you are having crashes with certain emulators at any point, try taking the save file to another emulator and test to see whether or not you can get past the spot or not.

The emulator I'm currently using for GBC on PSP is Masterboy, and also suffers from these problems, if that helps.

-DarkPacMan77-

omatic

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for all the responses. I'm going to give Rin 1.32 a shot. I'm 99.5% sure it's not the rom, as I've gotten multiple copies from different sources, all of which worked fine when emulated on the PC.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night