Graf_Chokolo Needs Support or He's Going to Jail

DarkLG

Wow One Shiny Ribbon!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
omgpwn666 said:
I left for a while and got lots of immature posts. Nice, what I expected from you all though.
MEGAMANTROTSKY, your comment is too long to read... I get it, you're mad at me. Haha
And Rydian, it has already been posted,
QUOTE said:
Article 6 of the 1991 EU Computer Programs Directive allows reverse engineering for the purposes of interoperability, but prohibits it for the purposes of creating a competing product, and also prohibits the public release of information obtained through reverse engineering of software.

Anyways, he broke a law and needs to pay for it.
Might not relate but say you driving and a cop pulls you over and says " You blew a stop sign." Problem is your on a road that has no stop signs but the cop gives you the ticket just because he feels like it. Seeing as you say the law is the law that means your going to pay that ticket since the cop is the law and you follow the law right??

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
omgpwn666 said:
I left for a while and got lots of immature posts. Nice, what I expected from you all though.
MEGAMANTROTSKY, your comment is too long to read... I get it, you're mad at me. Haha
QUOTE said:
Article 6 of the 1991 EU Computer Programs Directive allows reverse engineering for the purposes of interoperability, but prohibits it for the purposes of creating a competing product, and also prohibits the public release of information obtained through reverse engineering of software.

Dude. You're like smashdude. But what he lacked in common sense about technology and common sense in general... you lack in common sense, morals, and individuality. If I have EVER seen a follower, you are it. You are ultimately conceited. You feel that because, on a black and white level, "the law is right", it also means you are right. You cant won't read long posts because you KNOW that they'll point out flaws in your "logic" and you don't want to acknowledge them. For so defiantly supporting your opinion, I salute you. For being a mindless sheep, I spit in your general direction.

Back to limit lines on roads: the brakes on my car suddenly lose hold as I am approaching a red light, and my car lurches forward a bit. Brakes grab again, and I stop. But I am approximately 5 inches over the limit line and a disgruntled cop sees that, his family is shitting on him so hes having a bad day. The law says I get a ticket if I am over the limit line. Now he writes me a ticket. If my brakes failed and I couldn't stop as early as I had planned, do I still deserve to be punished for something out of my control? No relevance to Graf's situation, but hopefully this will let you see that "just because the law says so" doesn't mean the law is right. Another example: photo enforced red lights. You're rushing, you come to a photo intersection in a town you're not usually in. Light is yellow, you gun it to make it through. Light turns red half way through, a week later you have a $400 for running a red light. Now, yes, technically you DID run a red light because you were in an intersection when it was red. But it all comes down to judgement and perception. The camera can't pick up how fast you were going (not fast enough to make it through on a normal situation?) and it can't judge how much time you thought there was.

Now, what everyone said to smashdude: gtfo, noob.

Edit:

QUOTE(DarkLG @ Jun 19 2011, 07:20 AM)
Might not relate but say you driving and a cop pulls you over and says " You blew a stop sign." Problem is your on a road that has no stop signs but the cop gives you the ticket just because he feels like it. Seeing as you say the law is the law that means your going to pay that ticket since the cop is the law and you follow the law right??

That is absolutely perfect. +internets.

MEGAMANTROTSKY

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
omgpwn666 said:
Save your bait and your toll bridge. There's really nothing more for me to say to you, save this: The paucity of your replies up until this point has only underlined the paucity of your vision. To paraphrase Trotsky, take your smirking ignorance and place it in the dustbin of history, where it belongs.

Masterpaul

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Donated a quite hefty amount... for a simple reason.. I cant do what I want with My hardware? Fuck THAT!
I hope my well earned cash is put to a good reason.

omatic

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
omgpwn666 said:
QUOTE said:

For someone who believes in the law so hard, you don't give much consideration to a presumption of innocence, or the burden of proof shouldered by an accuser. The issue here is that Graf doesn't have enough cash to fight in court. Therefore, he will lose because he can't keep up with his accuser in legal fees, not because he was able to have his case argued with the same vigor as his opponent.

Also, you really should question which laws are appropriate and which aren't. I hope you don't actually have an unquestioning worship of laws, and this is just an act for the internets. When people start getting arrested for participating in online discussions indirectly related to hacking game consoles due to a recent law revision, I wonder if you'll be as devout. If you don't think that'll ever happen, do some research as to how corporations have grabbed substantial influence in law making around the world, and how they've used said influence to increase revenue. Then, remind yourself of what Nintendo, Microsoft, and Sony are.

Gagarin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sizing of liberty (jail time) is only for violation of criminal code. For what he had done, I assume he got sued in civilian one (only monetary punishment). So unless it is a law in Germany that you can not hack your system, he should not go to the jail.

sergster1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If i didnt get a ticket from the MTA (they are just as bad as sony giving a 16 year old a 100 buck ticket cause he was stuck in manhatten without a student metrocard and lives an brooklyn) i would have gladly donated ~50 dollars

lithium210

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
omgpwn666 said:
shinkukage09 said:
omgpwn666 said:
What can I say, you're all hackers and law breakers, of course you would not agree with me. I'm on the laws side, which I guess makes me a troll. My logic is using the law, yours is "Why can't I do this? Because they say not to?"... That would never stand in court.

Actually, no. Your logic is broken. "Why can't I do this? No law says I can't." is more what it is. The law is corrupt, and if you fail to realize that, then...well...you're just blind.

Laws are made for reasons. People where actually not updating because they want to keep Linux, that could cause some security risks or any other problems the patch could've been meant to fix. They don't make laws to say lol they can't do this now, they do it because it has a reason. Don't break laws and everything should work fine. If I break my 3DS using my Acekard it's my fault.

what law?? I bet if nintendo took away every app on the 3ds or even the "3d" effect, you'd complain. Graf didnt do anything wrong, he brought back something that we paid for. If it involved piracy, then its wrong.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Sterling said:

Well, that doesn't help. omgpwn666 seems to have a great idea of what law was broken, as he has gone on and on. He preaches on and on about the law, and how Graf deserves what is coming and all that. He has not once actually said what Graf may be guilty of, even though he believes that Graf deserves the prison time.

As far as technology goes, it doesn't seem like he actually broke any law, and if anything, Sony is trying to get him sent to prison on endless court fees he will lose the ability to pay. Nothing about the situation seems right.

Is anybody sure that anything was posted before the initial raid? I'm not sure if Germany has anything regarding illegal search and seizure procedures though, so it may be irrelevant.

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
cant he back out or something which would put him on the safe side. he has been acting bravely but this doesnt work in a world where things go on legality and punishments. he might as well try to look for a way out and even if it means losing his principles
i dont want to say this but IMHO, when yer principles promote doing things that are not essential to life or living, then its better to give them up FOR your own life, honor and wealth (or someone else's ofcourse)

DarkLG

Wow One Shiny Ribbon!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
omgpwn666 said:
Yeah, I'm done arguing. Good day everyone, I'm too overwhelmed with stuff to keep reading. Lol
You never had anything to argue seeing as your logic has many flaws glad your done posting your stupidity though
wink.gif

Coconuts 500

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
omgpwn666 said:
What can I say, you're all hackers and law breakers, of course you would not agree with me. I'm on the laws side, which I guess makes me a troll. My logic is using the law, yours is "Why can't I do this? Because they say not to?"... That would never stand in court.
I think you should be banned from this site and locked down in a dungeon. You are for fascism and that makes you a dangerous person.

Please leave us, and please stop talking to people. You've been brainwashed, and who knows, maybe you will manage brainwash some other weak-willed person? That's very immoral.

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@omgpwn666: All I see you saying is "I disagree so it has to be against the law". Fact is, the only law he's breaking is that he doesn't have enough money for legal fees. Sony is only winning because they're a corporation with tons of money. Your broken 'logic' has been avoiding this the whole time.
I applaud your great deal of ignorance and stupidity you have displayed here, and you might want to know what is going on before shoving your sheepish comments into a debate in the future. Have a nice day.

shadowmanwkp

Your roms are on another rom site
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
For the love of whatnot people, keep on topic. It's as derailed as it is, and the person responsible for that is not posting anymore. Forget about it and just post about the matter at hand, we're not studying laws here.

PsyBlade

Snake Charmer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Gagarin said:
Sizing of liberty (jail time) is only for violation of criminal code. For what he had done, I assume he got sued in civilian one (only monetary punishment). So unless it is a law in Germany that you can not hack your system, he should not go to the jail.
AFAIK there is such a law (versions of DMCA got forced onto many other contries too by the US)
plus you get jail time if you don't pay the monetary punishment (eg because you can't) (only applies to punishment not damages or lawyers and such AFAIK)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Look, it's China. They know what it's like when you give a poll to half a billion trolls.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How much dollar do you think it is?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    ONE MILLION DOLLA
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I know the pricing of electronics nowadays isn't "how much it actually costs" but "how much we can get away with", but putting up a poll is just cynical.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably $150 someone said Anbernic said around the same price as rg556
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    you know which game i wish they would rerelease
    sonic unleashed
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make it a happy meal toy
    that game's engine is really fucking intensive so it runs like literal shit on xbox 360 and ps3
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah I'm getting value creep again. I look at a $50 console "but for just a few more dollars you could get XYZ" and I end up considering the Steam Deck.
    +1
    like the lighting in that game was genuinely so good
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not getting dragged into that again.
    i dont get why they didn't port the one game that ran the worst on consoles, to pc
    like you port everything to pc except the one game where it would make the most sense. why. what do you gain from this
    is sega just personally fucking with me? are they laughing while watching me through my kinect camera as i get up to restart my xbox for the third time because the game froze again
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Buy handhelds from five below better quality
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Valve probably going to do another refresh of the deck this fall with rog ally like specs tbh
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    A smaller form factor would be nice too.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A shield portable 2 would be nice aye Nvidia
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    The big leap in all things tech is when carbon based chips start hitting.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Longer battery life cooler temps and faster! What's not to like lol (probably expensive as hell)
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    [checks my dildo(s) batteries, coolant and lube] :O [promptly replaces them] :D
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://anbernic.com/products/rg-cube well there we go $160